Author Topic: Guns for killing snakes  (Read 5411 times)

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 09:14:34 PM »
Suave...you can't say wetback in one post and ethnic in another with the same context and try to pass it off as a "trick".  We know what you meant. Don't backpedal.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 09:30:45 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Guess I'm safe. The answer is no. I've honestly never seen any hispanics, african-americans,filipinos or even jews (you want to know about "them" too, right?) have a group snake phobia. I have seen some white people that are overtly fond of them during church. Does that make me an illegal alien?

When did you ever see a snake in church? Smacks of religiophobia to me.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 09:41:54 PM »
Originally posted by RightF00T
Suave...you can't say wetback in one post and ethnic in another with the same context and try to pass it off as a "trick".  We know what you meant. Don't backpedal.

I didn't say wetback, rpm did.

He seems to think wetback is a racial slur, I allways thought it meant illegal alien.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »
BTW, what did you know that I meant?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 09:45:24 PM »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 10:16:13 PM »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 10:29:31 PM »
Got a suggestion fer ya: It's illegal to kill any wildlife native to the USA unless there is a season for it, and then only during that season.

Leave the snakes alone, they don't do any harm, they kill almost 1,000,000 rats and mice a year (enough to cover a 1 acre field 10 ft deep), and they generally try to avoid humans. Oh, and they make excellent pets, I've had several over the years, they require feeding only twice a week, a little water, and you have a pet for several years. Winter hibernation required for some species in some areas. And why would someone kill a snake that is nonvenemous anyways, it's a waste of energy, lead, and time. And around here, it's a good waste of your hand and your backside fer a few weeks, till that rock salt quits stinging and you quit whining. Oh, and a waste of your money, it's a $1000 fine to kill one. Left up to me, you would be in debt fer ten years. But that's just me.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2007, 08:14:46 AM »
rpm said...

"According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another race or races."

so if you were to say that negroes have denser bones than whites you would be a racist?  if you said that they get sickle cell you would be a racist?  Damn... pretty hard to not be a racist under that definition.  Anyone who believes that whites and blacks are inferior or superior in some types of sports are racists?

I guess we need to have more affirmative action in sports to stop all the racism eh rpm?

I don't like snakes.. if the only thing they are good for is killing mice then cats are better and we can do away with all the nasty frigging snakes.    

I worked with an "ethnic" one time and we were painting a house.... he came around the corner screaming like a girl.    I asked him what the problem was and he said "snake".

My buddy laughed and said there were no poisonous snakes in the area.. it couldn't hurt him.  the "ethnic" said... "yeah but they is like ghosts...  they make you hurt yourself."

I understand him.. they creep me out.  they were probly the family pet left by aliens eons ago... or god dumped em here to punish us.  I kill every one I see... nature shows asside.    

lazs

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »
I keep fer a pet every one I see, venemous or not. I had a pet copperhead (they usually aren't venomous enough to kill, what used to kill people were the treatments used for the bite, (ie. bloodletting, lots of alchohol, which led to internal bleeding), the copperhead very rarely injects enough venom to kill a normal person.), but I had to let it go. Mice got in the feed again, so I put it in the barn. Snakes are not slimy, they are not filthy, and they only make you hurt yourself when you are an idiot and run into things to get away from them. I also have a pet black widow spider, (also does not usually kill people, the treatments killed them, from the same reason of the copperhead treatment, lots of achohol and bloodletting, and they bled to death internally and externally). People who are afraid of things smaller than themselves are idiots in me book.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2007, 08:14:22 PM »
My FIL lives in the desert in California, got a trio of constrictors live in his yard...oddly enough, no rodents in the yard..........they dont bother us, we dont bother them..........and yep, they aint small......(not horse sized either obviously).....rattlers on the other hand........dont dig them much, but only see them on the road early in the morning warming up.....approach them from behind, shuffle your feet to induce vibrations - they go on their way, you can go on yours...no big deals..........snakes do sorta taste like chicken tho.....:cool: (allegedly)

Oh, and he has some of the biggest black widows I've ever seen, absolutely beautiful in a odd sort of way.........

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »
Yes, black widows are very beautiful in their own way. I have one that is pretty big, but I saw one out in the field one time that was really huge, almost an inch across the abdomen, not counting the legs and head.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2007, 08:34:02 PM »
Wow, nice size spider........last time we were across (wife and I live in England) we emptied out his hot tub to give it a clean n whatnot.........course, poured all the water out.........lots of holes........saw all this wet stuff disappearing down what was obviously quite a deep one........all of a sudden, out popped a big assed scorpion.....lol....picked it up by the sting.....took it outside the yard, let it go...........did my best not to run back into the yard screaming like a little girl.......;) ......pale yellow colour......very pretty in a perverse sort of way..........did want to keep him, but wife wasnt having any of that one..lol.....no sense of adventure some people...:aok

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2007, 08:37:10 PM »
Originally posted by McFarland
Yes, black widows are very beautiful in their own way. I have one that is pretty big, but I saw one out in the field one time that was really huge, almost an inch across the abdomen, not counting the legs and head.

Black Widows are beautiful. There are spiders in Texas that sorta resemble them and I didn't realize I had never seen one until I saw one in Nevada. Was almost mesmerizing.

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Guns for killing snakes
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2007, 12:12:43 AM »
Yeah, I've been trying to find a scorpion here, (yes, there are scorpions in Tennessee, two species) but no luck so far. I wish I could travel to Florida and get a Red Widow (Google it), they are very beautiful. They look like living ruby.