Author Topic: Homeowner defends property without guns  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Homeowner defends property without guns
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2007, 08:48:30 AM »
LOL

You must think I am a very powerful guy here....I'm a small fish in a small pond.  What makes you think I tell anyone anything about what they can and cannot do?  It is the LAW lazs, and I'm not even a lawyer.

I have had conversations with many locals as a result of our discussions on these boards.  Without exception they think you, and many others like you, are completely NUTS thinking that guns should be made freely available on this island.  

This kind of thinking is completely alien to you, but that is because you were born and raised in the US.  This is not the US.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
HT or HTC???

HT himself. I am awaiting the shipment of scotch and Garmin products now for bribery purposes. Upon arrival, myself and Pinky will put this devious plot into motion. I think you know what comes next...............the world. :)

And if you threaten me with a handgun

Those who threaten with a handgun are the ones in a no win situation..............unless of course you happen to be located in an area where the government has taken away the right of it`s population to stand on equal ground. In that case it usualy works in their favor.

I will have your arse handed to you in AHII H2H for a day!

That`s an interesting theory. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »
Had this discussion elsewhere on the net, my thoughts on it.........My wife and I are considering moving to California (my wife is an American Citizen, and wants to be closer to her dad!!). Depending on where we move to, would I make provision (within the law) to arm myself? If we moved to somewhere in a city, with a known crime problem  - probably yes. If we moved to a town with a lesser known crime problem, probably no. If we remain in the desert with her father - definitely!. I know it seems strange, but my wifes father lives so far from the nearest town (over an hour) that it would take the law too long to come out and rescue us (if anything really dramatic would take place - so I'd be carrying).

Whilst this may seem extreme to some of you, I'd have no difficulty in protecting those I love - including shooting whomever was attacking them. Unlike in the UK, handguns are legally acquirable in the states - convicted felons are however banned from having them (not that that stops them) As a point of interest, when handguns were banned in the UK, the amount of crime carried out with them has actually gone up, way up in fact. I could walk out of my house, into a pub reasonably local, and walk out with a pistol and live ammo within 15 mins (not that I would - but could).

Do I agree with the handgun ban - no, not really - it removed pistols from general circulation yes, but also provided a means of terrorising the civilian population of the UK to the criminals - who think nothing of carrying weapons. Would I have a handgun in the UK, legal or otherwise - no, bit of overkill, as the police can be here within 10 mins......would I have a handgun in the US -  if required, as detailed above, yes.
Oh and personal preference, a nice glock or a sig sauer - thank you please.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 09:06:24 AM »
curval... I will not disagree with you and say that people you know want guns.   They most likely do not.

I think that it is arrogant of you to think that you know everyone on the island tho.  In my opinion... if even one person wanted a gun then you have no right to say he can't have one.

If.. as you say... I don't understand your country... and no sane adult there wants a gun....

Why do you even need gun laws?   See.. you make no sense.  

I would also say that if a lot of the people you talked to got a chance to be around guns they might have some perspective.

I would also say that 90% of the people you talked to... if they happened to be victims of a strong arm attack that (god forbid) injured or killed their family would have a completely different viewpoint than they now hold.

I would venture to say that at that point... they would see you as the enemy.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »
gp... I know at least three families who are brit transplants and two live out in the country.

Their ideas about guns have done a 180...  they get a perverse delight they say in showing visiting brits their "gun collections" especially the handguns.   They are embarassed by their former ignorant attitudes about firearms and realize that the attitudes were from propoganda and... the fact that they really were against something that they had no first hand experiance with.

It is easy to see even here... US citizens who get all their info from the TV or newspapers and have lived in large cities for generations are just as ignorant and just as phobic about guns..

US citizens who have lived around guns are not phobic.... you will lose your state sponsored and ingrained phobia too...  the more rural.. the more you are around nature.. the more you understand about survival and freedom.

lazs

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »
I dont have a phobia about weapons Laz, never have had. The way this country is run hower, people are getting indoctrinated into thinking guns themselves are dangerous (they are, but require human interaction to work/kill). I say I'd probably get a handgun etc once we move over, but that sorta depends on my wife, as she's quite anti firearms - it'll probably depend on where we move to. If we do end up moving to her dads (unless its only for a short period of time), I am getting at least a 9mm (discussion over..lol...).......

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2007, 09:26:06 AM »
Tell you what lazs.  You worry about your country and I'll worry about mine.  From the looks of all the threads I've read here recently about a number of issues you have a whole lot more to worry about than I do.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

storch

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2007, 09:33:44 AM »
curval allow me to point out once again that europeans are far more versed in Americana than Americans ourselves. ;)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2007, 09:52:27 AM »
Allow me to point out that they are therefore generally better educated.  ;)

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2007, 10:46:38 AM »
Originally posted by Curval

Oh I have to!  

No STAY AWAY.

ok.....
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2007, 10:51:46 AM »
Originally posted by Phaser11
Oh I have to!  

No STAY AWAY.

ok.....

Are you telling me to stay away from America?

If so, why?

storch

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2007, 10:57:27 AM »
:lol  allow me to point out we don't concern ourselves with the light work ;)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2007, 11:04:24 AM »
Originally posted by storch
:lol  allow me to point out we don't concern ourselves with the light work ;)

Perhaps that's why you guys don't seem to learn from your mistakes internationally and charge head-long into things you don't understand?

storch

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2007, 11:36:08 AM »
Perhaps that's why you guys don't seem to learn from your mistakes internationally and charge head-long into things you don't understand?
uhh..wait now.. ummm... who was it..um.. that said only mad dogs and english enter boldly where angels fear to tread?

could it just be that those without power naturally rail against those that do have it and that certain elements within these powerful societies naturally side with the weaker ones at the expense of that same society?

point out to me the errors in my thinking but if you piss me off out come the short jibes. :D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2007, 11:52:07 AM »
I'm not railing at anything and I can't point out your errors because I have no idea what you are trying to say, other than "You are nothing and I'm an American and all powerful."

I really don't need to point out the error in that type of thinking.  It speaks for itself.