Author Topic: Out of the Closet  (Read 2575 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2007, 06:50:13 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I've read none of the books but I have seen some of the movies. This may sound wrong/silly but I say that simply because she created and wrote the series does not entitle her to pronounce, after the fact, the sexual orientation of a character if she did not write that into the story.

I respectfully disagree.  She created the Harry Potter world and can do whatever she wishes with it.    I think it unfortunate however that she chose to go down this particular trail.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

storch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Out of the Closet
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2007, 06:55:39 AM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
Wow that's fluffied up Storch. Guess your normal huh...
what might be amazing is if you think you are.

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Out of the Closet
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2007, 07:43:16 AM »
Originally posted by storch
what might be amazing is if you think you are.

Honestly i don't man.... i think i'm screwed up in my own way. I don't judge whats normal, i don't care, i just judge whats normal for me, let people have there own bag. I try to have a mind of love and compensation for things and people i don't understand and try to approach them with a caring mind. Rather than wanna beat people up just cause i don't like or can't understand what there doing.

storch

Out of the Closet
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2007, 08:01:04 AM »
well that's what makes a horse then

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2007, 08:56:02 AM »
Nobodies riding me. As long as you respect other peoples space, they should respect mine. If not, there's a problem. But how do you get upset about something that has nothing to do with you. Why would something that doesn't upset your sphere of influence disgust you or make you mad. Only you can let that happen, and that's a problem within yourself not without. Don't focus on what you don't like, come into your own and you won't be bothered one way or the other. Now if you like to hate, if you like to be disgusted, otherwise continue. Nothing wrong with that, but at the point you try to bring your beliefs into someone elses existence and effect them, and judge them over what you think is normal then those people have a right to live there own truth, just as you.

If you are delicate enough to be offended by two people you don't even know or have nothing to do with kissing, there's something wrong with you, not them. They are not doing anything to you. Now if they try to kiss you or otherwise invade your space, then they are wrong and deserve what they get. Otherwise it's not your business or judgement call. Why get mad over it.

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »
Originally posted by Pooh21

Oh and Laurie he dont care as a tolerant and open minded individual he cannot resist taking a jab at Christianity every chance he gets.

Perverted Christianity is extorted into religious profanity
Turning God's words onto another man to execute your own plan
Is the closest to sin i can think

Reducing compassion is an effected reaction
causing a small faction to heap condemnation on the other

insulting the exaction of vengence on your own brother
When you both came from the same mother
Is a moral crime of the highest you can believe

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
Originally posted by storch

(for brevity, not content)

at that moment my client showed up.  after a little watermelon chat with me the bartender comes up and chats with my client a bit then says to my client "your friend won't tell me his other name"  without skipping a beat my client says "oh I know, I'll tell you"  at this point I'm aghast and feel flush.  my client says "it's secret"  the bartender says "secret?"  my client responds with "yes secret, strong enough for a man but made for a woman"  (borrowing the line from a woman's deodorant commercial popular at the time) and winks at me.  we are still friends to this day and I have done five homes for him since that time.

In my field, I also, from time to time deal with homosexuals.  As well as Storch, I find that their money is as green as the next persons.  It also spends the same.  It pays my bills as any other.  I have performed at gay/lesbian "wedding" receptions, and events.  In fact, every Halloween I have a gig at a local bar that is rented by a group of "fellas" and "ladies" that like to have a drag-queen contest.  They are all gay or lesbian.  They also pay WELL.  Also, to be honest, it is usually entertaining.  There is not normally, believe it or not, a lot of gay/lesbian contact either.  I had one person approach me at the first gig I did for them.  I was wearing a mummy costume with a zipper on the back, and he tried to grab the zipper as he told me that he would help me out of my costume because it looked like it was too hot.  I calmly told him that I was in fact, not gay, and if he touched me again that I would put him on the floor.  He accused me of being a homophobe.  I responded that  I value my personal space, no matter who violates it.  Man or woman.  My stance was made clear and everyone now knows this.  I have been doing that job for 7 years now.

My Point:

Is homosexuality normal.  Of course not.  Humans would be able to reproduce in that fashion if it were so.

As Storch says, I really don't want to see anyone swapping spit in public, man-man, woman-woman, OR man-woman.  Anything more than a peck on the cheek should be left for behind closed doors.

Am I tolerant of homosexuality.  Yes I must, or I would not feel right enjoying the liberties that I do as an American.

Do I need to teach my children that this is normal acceptable behavior?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  I can teach tolerance, but not acceptance as normality.

My point as related to topic:

Does this need to come up anywhere in a series of fictional books,marketed towards children, before or after the fact, whether in storyline or not?  Again, absolutely not.  I relate this to Walt Disney and his use of LSD.  It was not like it was daily dinner conversation, or BBC headline.  Would you want to teach your children that drug use is acceptable.  Or that it will give you fantastic ideas ala "The Sorcerers Apprentice"

I don't care if the character bio belongs to the author or not.
Children should not be forced to deal with sexuality at all until they are of an appropriate age.  This age is obviously not set in stone, but use the moral compass of your own particular culture.  For her to reveal this "character trait" when it is common knowledge that her primary consumer base consists mostly of children is, in my opinion, irresponsible.

For petes sake, have some common sense.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
Originally posted by VonMessa
In my field, I also, from time to time deal with homosexuals.  As well as Storch, I find that their money is as green as the next persons.  It also spends the same.  It pays my bills as any other.  I have performed at gay/lesbian "wedding" receptions, and events.  In fact, every Halloween I have a gig at a local bar that is rented by a group of "fellas" and "ladies" that like to have a drag-queen contest.  They are all gay or lesbian.  They also pay WELL.  Also, to be honest, it is usually entertaining.  There is not normally, believe it or not, a lot of gay/lesbian contact either.  I had one person approach me at the first gig I did for them.  I was wearing a mummy costume with a zipper on the back, and he tried to grab the zipper as he told me that he would help me out of my costume because it looked like it was too hot.  I calmly told him that I was in fact, not gay, and if he touched me again that I would put him on the floor.  He accused me of being a homophobe.  I responded that  I value my personal space, no matter who violates it.  Man or woman.  My stance was made clear and everyone now knows this.  I have been doing that job for 7 years now.

My Point:

Is homosexuality normal.  Of course not.  Humans would be able to reproduce in that fashion if it were so.

As Storch says, I really don't want to see anyone swapping spit in public, man-man, woman-woman, OR man-woman.  Anything more than a peck on the cheek should be left for behind closed doors.

Am I tolerant of homosexuality.  Yes I must, or I would not feel right enjoying the liberties that I do as an American.

Do I need to teach my children that this is normal acceptable behavior?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  I can teach tolerance, but not acceptance as normality.

Does this need to come up anywhere in a series of fictional books,marketed towards children, before or after the fact, whether in storyline or not?  Again, absolutely not.  I relate this to Walt Disney and his use of LSD.  It was not like it was daily dinner conversation, or BBC headline.  Would you want to teach your children that drug use is acceptable.  Or that it will give you fantastic ideas ala "The Sorcerers Apprentice"

Children should not be forced to deal with sexuality at all until they are of an appropriate age.  This age is obviously not set in stone, but use the moral compass of your own particular culture.  For her to reveal this "character trait" when it is common knowledge that her primary consumer base consists mostly of children is, in my opinion, irresponsible.

Well put Von Messa, very articulately and intelligently put.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »
As far as "normal" is concerned, I think there is sufficient evidence in nature to at least argue the point that there may be an evolutionary advantage to having a limited number of homosexual individuals in a community. It has been postulated that these individuals may be advatageous by assisting the  familial gene with survival.

As far as "kids" and Harry Potter, I think people should realize that Rowling wrote the books for the age group consistant with Harry's age in the books. The last book was written for teenagers at least, notwithstanding the huge adult following.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Out of the Closet
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2007, 12:33:38 PM »
BFD.  As if kids historicaly have never had deviants thrown at em (coliseum, public hangings, etc).
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2007, 10:48:13 PM »
Originally posted by moot
BFD.  As if kids historicaly have never had deviants thrown at em (coliseum, public hangings, etc).

Using that same logic, because I'm endowed like a horse, and others have seen it, I should seek employment as an adult film star I guess?  Precedence does not always foster just cause.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2007, 10:52:09 PM »
Using that same logic, because I'm endowed like a horse, and others have seen it, I should seek employment as an adult film star I guess?

Um...  Why not?  If the pay is good and you've got the *ahem* assets and required skills...
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2007, 10:54:42 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
Um...  Why not?  If the pay is good and you've got the *ahem* assets and required skills...

OINK!:p

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Out of the Closet
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2007, 11:08:44 PM »
<>

Nicely Put Sir

<<>>

:aok

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Out of the Closet
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2007, 01:30:14 PM »
Check this out, particularly at 1:15

Harry Potter Puppet Pals