Author Topic: On ethics – The HO, The RAM, The SPY – an informal poll.  (Read 3226 times)

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
On ethics – The HO, The RAM, The SPY – an informal poll.
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2007, 01:19:12 PM »
Is it ethical to have such a bad connection that you are able to fire 1 to 2 rounds off from your tank AFTER you have already been killed as CARHINT does? Been telling him on 200 for almost a year now how bad his connection is.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 01:37:18 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I don't even know who you are.  Why would I be cranky?  LOL

That you take the game too seriously is your problem, not mine.  If my shooting your chute makes you upset, again, that is your problem and not mine.  Don't like it?  Get back in the air, shoot me down, and blast my chute.  Except you won't find me in a chute since I never bail.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Probelm? again, you seem to speak without thought. I do it because I can. Second, read closer, oh one who speaks without the help of thier mind. I never complained about chutes.. (Pay attention, it doesn't cost anything) I don't even use them.. the moment I bail, I hit /.ef No point in taking the time to open a worthless chute, you still get the bail/capture. Do me a favor.. atleast if you're going to reply.. use that small mass of grey matter between your ears. I know it's hard.. it doesn't get much use, but try for me, k?

And as for being cranky... Apparently I am the only possible source of your crankiness by that reply. I get cranky when I don't sleep, or don't eat, and it comes across. I am honored though that I was the only thing ever to be considered able to make you cranky ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:44:04 PM by SEseph »
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Originally posted by SunBat
All you've done with your entire post is prove that the world is full of maladjusted people...

Welcome to planet earth... obviously you haven't been here long, or that statement wouldn't have been nessicary.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2007, 01:40:07 PM »
LOL levi I think we struck a nerve here.  If it's any consolation I after the chute kill; I need all the E respect I can muster!
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »
Well, I had to go back quite a while to find any scores for you, but yes indeed you seem to have been playing a while.

Looks like you spend most of your time in GV's, but you also appear to be quite lethal when you decide to take up a fighter.  

In all fairness, though, I didn't see a single bail in the few tours I checked.

Edit: This was in response to Leviathn
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:50:14 PM by toonces3 »
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2007, 01:56:44 PM »
Well, Messiah, it's like this.

Ever since I got popped in my chute my first tour, I learned about the whole .ef thing, and unless you are very very quick, you're not going to get me in it.

But, really, that's besides the point.  The point is the mentality of someone that derives pleasure from irritating someone else, deliberately, and for no other purpose than to irritate them.  

Lusche made a perfectly valid point about shooting a chute.  If the guy is bailing over your town or is using it in some manner to exploit the game, then sure, he's fair game.

If the guy lost a fight, bailed and then someone shoots his chute just to make him mad or get a cherry on top or whatever, well, that makes that person an *******.

Maybe I'm alone here, but in general I find that folks don't turn on and off their character.  If you're an ******* in an online game, you're probably an ******* in real life too.

Just my opinion of course.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
Maybe I'm alone here, but in general I find that folks don't turn on and off their character.  If you're an ******* in an online game, you're probably an ******* in real life too.

Just my opinion of course.

That's because some people don't realize it's just a game for fun.  I do, which is what separates me from my virtual self and real self.  In game I like to have fun and shoot chutes because I find it hilarious and all the better if the guy I shot gets his panties in a bunch because of it.  Now why do I find this funny you probably wonder?  Because my state of mind knows it's just a game and taking things like getting killed in a cartoon parachute seriously is hilarious.  If some may see this as me being an "*******" then so be it, because I know I could chill with any of the people playing this game and they would have a totally different opinion of me(be it bad or good).
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2007, 02:40:31 PM »
You don't appear to fly, either, unless your ingame name is something other than Todd or Leviathn

I checked your name on the Mensa roll, apparently you're not very smart.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
Well, the world needs ditchdiggers too.

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2007, 03:07:54 PM »
They should remove .ef from chutes, make them ride them it all the way down before they can .ef

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »

Looks like you spend most of your time in GV's,

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

My sides hurt now. Thats the funniest thing I've read in a while.
See Rule #4

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2007, 03:39:35 PM »
Originally posted by SEseph
And as for being cranky... Apparently I am the only possible source of your crankiness by that reply. I get cranky when I don't sleep, or don't eat, and it comes across. I am honored though that I was the only thing ever to be considered able to make you cranky ;)

Read much?  I laughed at you suggesting I was "cranky."  It was you who made that suggestion, not me.  It is baseless and wrong, as is pretty much everything else you've written up to this point.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2007, 03:40:39 PM »
Looks like you spend most of your time in GV's, but you also appear to be quite lethal when you decide to take up a fighter.  

:confused:

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2007, 04:01:03 PM »
Well, I had to go back quite a while to find any scores for you, but yes indeed you seem to have been playing a while.

In all fairness, though, I didn't see a single bail in the few tours I checked.

Edit: This was in response to Leviathn
U r clueless.

As for chute shooting, it's hilarious espicially when I know it pisses guys like SEseph off. And as to his soccer analogy, that's a different world. It's what I like to call the real world. But in the world of pixels, it's totally different. You aren't going to get punched in the face in AH unlike in the real world. It doesn't make being a jerk ok, but once again it's just a game. And unless you love your fake AH country like you love your sports team then you should be ok. And if you do... well then it's time to get out into the sun light.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 04:07:56 PM by SuperDud »
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2007, 07:13:25 PM »
Am I missing something here?

Leviathn did not fly in tours:
93 (LW)

tour 82 I started finding some stats- not many sorties, but lethal ones.
no bails in the 3 or so I went back.

I did make another mistake.  I got mixed up, I thought it was Attack/Veh.  not Veh/Boat.

The only thing I wanted to verify was if he 'never bailed' which it appears is true.  Why?  Because most of the times the folks that say that they don't care about score or whatever still ditch or bail.  I wanted to actually find someone that doesn't just talk the talk, but walks the walk.

Leviathn is the real deal.

I saw a fighter score, don't remember which tour but probably in the 60's or 70's, where he had a 46:1 K/D in fighters.  That's pretty freaking lethal man.

That's all I was saying.  I admited I was wrong about him not flying (should have qualified that with 'not recently' but such is life), I just didn't go back far enough.

I'm pretty sure Leviathn can defend himself, even though I wasn't attacking him.  No need for the gallery to chime in.

On the original topic:
Yes, this is just a game.  But it's an online game against other people.  I find it hard to separate the attitude that, because it's a game on the internet, it's 'different' from playing a game against an opponent in person.  

In the same way that I wouldn't cheat or abuse another player in an 'in-person' game, I wouldn't do it here either.

A person doesn't check their character at the door when they come online to AH2.  But if telling yourself that 'well, it's just a game' makes you feel better about how you behave, nothing I'm going to say is going to change your mind.

I look forward to seeing y'all in the online skies.

Toonces