Author Topic: this game is for the pilots  (Read 1715 times)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
this game is for the pilots
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »
"Aces Low" refers to helicopters and they were just on the drawing boards in Sikorsky's mind back during the WW2 era. Ergo, not available.

Hope this helps.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »
approx. 2 models of helicopter enterd service for diffrent countrys during ww2, and to my knowledge sikorsky only built one of em, the R-4 I believe.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline chase4

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 11:37:08 AM »
I play Aces High when I want to fly and Day of Defeat or Red Orchestra when I want to be a ground-pounder.
YES thats exactly what i do only its Call Of Duty for me :)  i pay $14 a month to FLY on a FLIGHT sim :)

my two cents

Offline LTARghst

• Copper Member
A Medium Happy?
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »
There will never be one in this game. This a game that I would call different strokes for different folks. The GVing aspect is what turned me on to this game. I never flew a plane for the first 3 months of my subscription, because I like the OLD MAPS tank battles and the OLD TT. Then one day I upped a fiter an headed to FT and got 3 kills and decided to start flying. You have your goods an bad in this game when in both GV an AC. On the GV front you have people shooting through hills, buildings an trees that kill you( a glitch in the system) In the air you take off an F6F or LA'swing an he still out flies you. You still have those who believe all LTAR's do is HO an ram. I have gotten HOed so much lately that you have TO HO first. I have gotten to the point I wll HO an LA, P51, Typhy, or 190 just so I do not have to chase them around the map. Because 98% of them pick an run. Or my favorite is when 5 AC are on them an they still vulch the field. 99% wont fight unless they have all the alt on you. So I wouldnt call it ACES HIGH because only a few will fight without running then coming back to pick you when you engage another AC. I now enjoy all the aspects of the game. But always look forward to improvments. And am still waiting on the Whirblewind!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 11:44:15 AM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
"Aces Low" refers to helicopters and they were just on the drawing boards in Sikorsky's mind back during the WW2 era. Ergo, not available.

Three helicopters that did see service:

Focke-Achgelis FA 233 - was in serial production from 1941 on, though repeated bombings limited production total to app. 40 units. A captured FA 233 was the first helicopter to cross the English Channel

Flettner FL 282

Sikorsky R4 - first truly mass produced helicopter, saw service from 1944 on.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 11:46:24 AM »
I'll leave it up to HTC and their marketing plan to figure out what is best for AH to grow it's subscriber base. That is because to us it's just a form of entertainment, to them it's their livelihood. The best case scenario is one that includes prosperity for HTC and staff and where Dale doesn't get bored with his product and decides to sell.

The ability of having combined forces battles draws more subscribers than pure aerial combat, I think the progression of AH has been good for the longevity of AH. I also believe that people who think that one genre of play in AH should be the only focus over any other are being myopic in their observations and wants.

It's all good and it is getting better year by year.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 12:14:18 PM »
OP unleashed the flood gates with that post :aok

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 12:20:24 PM »
Ok lets say u get ur wish uber ground game ur next threads gonna
be about frame rate there has to be a cut off somewhere or better get out the ol wallet and upgrade to mega pc HT made no bones about it flight sim 1st rest icing on the cake better learn some acm
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 02:18:14 PM »
if its ground combat you like, go to World War Two Online http://www.wwiionline.com . The air war is arcadish compared to Aces High but the ground war is just .. perfect!.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 02:24:49 PM »
Just done a model V model score search in expanded files.  Start of tour todate.

Spit 16 V Spit 16 = One thousand five hundred and plenty.

Pnz V Pnz (get this) Twenty nine freakin thousand seven hundred and ninty bleedin nine :eek:

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
if its ground combat you like, go to World War Two Online http://www.wwiionline.com . The air war is arcadish compared to Aces High but the ground war is just .. perfect!.

FAR from perfect. The Olympic running sappers are everywhere and more deadly than enemy tanks. Its become a first person shooter with tanks and planes added for targets.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »
If your wings are moving faster than your fuselage, it's probably a helicopter and therefore unsafe.

:D
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007, 02:40:54 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Pnz V Pnz (get this) Twenty nine freakin thousand seven hundred and ninty bleedin nine :eek:

Thats Sig-able :rofl
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: this game is for the pilots
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »
Originally posted by chrish483
not for the GV players,  Im a GV player and if you look back into history there were alot more GV's in WW2 then in this game.

look at all the planes you have to choose from,  what do we have but a few to choose from,
and dont put the ground crue down,  we put  field supps to your fields and bring you ammo when you need it,  give us ground people the TY that we need  in doing what we do.

but having all the options and seletions as the planes have,  or even half the amount would be nice,  
I have a book on ww2 gv's  and most of them would be nice to have and to select from just like you would a plane..

said my piece on what i think  so put me down as you all will.   but i think we need more GV's in the game to play with.

chrish48

gotta remember 1 thing.........you can't rule the ground if you don't rule the air:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Just done a model V model score search in expanded files.  Start of tour todate.

Spit 16 V Spit 16 = One thousand five hundred and plenty.

I find that verrrryyy interesting.....and amusing. :lol

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs