Author Topic: WTfG New Jersey - Life - Not Death  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
WTfG New Jersey - Life - Not Death
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:00:41 PM »
Since the law in New Jersey now supports the life of child rapists/killers (and all your other murderous felons), all I can honestly say is that I hope this guy never escapes from one of your prisons to rape and murder any more children.   You should have put this rabbid animal down.

Really pathetic New Jersey.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/17/death.penalty/index.html
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
The State of New Jersey, Corzine, and all the state senators should be held criminally and civilly responsible for any person's death at the hands of anyone who should have been executed.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:06:50 PM »
Doesn't surprise me...its Jersey for crissake!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:07:39 PM »
WTG Jersey.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »
Get a rope................  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »
-New Jersey has not executed a prisoner since 1963.

The new legislation replaces the death penalty with life in prison without parole. The bill was introduced in November after a state commission concluded capital punishment was an ineffective deterrent to crime. -

NO CHIT!  

:mad:
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 02:26:04 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
WTG Jersey.

Can you offer an explanation as to why keeping this specific man alive deserves a WTG?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »
Because killing diminishes us as a society.

Retribution is not civil and it should not be State sanctioned. I'm all for ensuring the safety of the public, but not at the expense of our humanity. The death penalty is not and never has been a deterrent. It is simply the act of a vengeful child. We are not children any longer and state sanctioned killing needs to stop.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 02:39:32 PM »
We agree to disagree.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »
Because killing diminishes us as a society.

Retribution is not civil and it should not be State sanctioned. I'm all for ensuring the safety of the public, but not at the expense of our humanity. The death penalty is not and never has been a deterrent. It is simply the act of a vengeful child. We are not children any longer and state sanctioned killing needs to stop.

The ONLY purpose of justice is retribution.  If there is no retribution, then there should be no punishments.  At all.

The death penalty has not been a deterrent because it has never been used enough for even a gambler's chance of any murderer being executed.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 02:44:38 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
The ONLY purpose of justice is retribution.  If there is no retribution, then there should be no punishments.  At all.

The death penalty has not been a deterrent because it has never been used enough for even a gambler's chance of any murderer being executed.

So our current killing of people hasn't worked because we haven't killed enough people, or made it a streamlined process?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
The only purpose of justice is justice. Not only for the victims, but for the society and the perpetrators of criminal activity. If you think justice is the equivilent of retribution you need a new dictionary.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »
The death penalty is not and never has been a deterrent. .

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

What about lesser punishments as deterrent to lesser crimes? Or is all state-sanctioned punishment purely retributive?

MT... I can't believe it, but I actually agree with you. As much as I personally desire the death of individuals such as this guy, I can't help but think that our government should not be given the authority to kill. The fact that this practice puts us in league with some pretty barbaric nations is a distant second to my dread of living in a place where detached, disinterested professionals have the final say in questions of life and death.

frankly, I think I'd prefer vigilante justice.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »
You have it so completely wrong MT.  I am compelled to respect your opinion but by God it makes no sense to me whatsoever.  

A thinking stalking animal that destroys our children with such brutal action surely has no rightful place on this earth, yet you want to preserve the life of such an animal, to serve some higher moral calling.

In cases of pre-meditated murder of innocent and defensless children there should be no safe harbor anywhere on this planet.   Those animals must be destroyed.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns