Author Topic: TAKING A ENY POLL  (Read 7502 times)

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
Re: TAKING A ENY POLL
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2008, 07:14:16 AM »
no

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »
  I love ENY and in fact if I remeber right this is actually a softer virsion then the original setting HT had when he first put it in game. Really I wouldn't mind one bit if it was set to the tougher setting but I can hear the ranting if that ever happened and on country chan and 200 it would go something like this, well it does anyway.... 

"OMG ENY is SOOOO HIGH!!!!  I can't fly the best and biggest planes :furious   I actually have to get out of my comfort zone and fly, (dare I say it) something different and not so uber. :uhoh Lord help me for I will not be able to pick and run away as good in these non uber rides.  :pray

Something like that anyway and I must say I really don't understand this thinking and kinda chuckle when I start seeing the complaints.. I guess I am just more flexible than most. Either that or I just like more of a challenge than the average player.. Besides it looks so much cooler when you finally do land those few kills in your P-40 or other such ride. :cool:

Whats that in the distance?  Looks like a mob with torches and they are heading this way!!!  Well logging off I must go barracade the doors befor they get in.  :D
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2008, 08:42:27 AM »
Right.  I have no problem with limiting the best aircraft when numbers are out of balance.  My problem is only with the ratings the aircraft have received, and I know that I could do better if I were given that kind of god-like power.

So when is your game going to be released..... since your so much better....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2008, 09:05:54 AM »
But beating a dead horse  :rofl

If you really wanted to take it to hitech... you might try email... it's a wonderful tool.

I guess we are if the nay sayers are close minded about the subject and ofcourse there can't be any alternative to the way it is.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2008, 09:28:27 AM »

I guess we are if the nay sayers are close minded about the subject and of course there can't be any alternative to the way it is.

There were alternatives and they were discussed, this solution, ENY, was determined to be the best solution for the problem, not only by the community but also by HTC.

HiTech's own words on the subject:

Working together is not penalized. We are not trying to implement a system where consentrating your forces is hampered.

But it realy is a basic game concepts that all sides have the same number of players. If you don't belive that concept, please sight one case where a game is not designed with that in mind. And please do not tell me AH is war, because it is not, it is a War game. And games are ment to be fun and fair. While war is not ment to be either fair or fun.

With equal sides, doing what it takes to win , is what game play is. In AH there are multiple levels of winning, makeing a capture,just shooting down more people than shot you down, ending the war. All are items of game play in AH.

Having more on your team gives your side an unfair advantage to all other sides. All items of game play are effected by that imbalance. And there realy is nothing that the sides with less numbers can do about it. They can not swith countries to even the numbers, if they move to the country with more numbers it just makes everything worse. They could make a treaty, but that only works in a defensive mode.

Equal sides is such a basic consept that over the life of AH the sides have maintained a fairly equal number, the resone is realy simple, people have more fun when the sides are equal.

So now the question becomes not IF the sides should be equal,
but how to accomplish that equality with least impact to the social apspect of the game.

HiTech

It was not done do to any whines.

It was not pushed by anyone that has connections with HTC.

Inbalance had become a problem that had to be delt with.

It was discused for alternatives before being implemented.

It has worked to lower side imbalance issues.

It does not force you to play any certain way, it simply presents you with a choices.

HiTech

With out the ENY. When a side imbalnced happed, the ones complaining most were the underdogs. Could they do anything to help fix the imbalance?

Answere no . Changing sides would just make the problem worse.

With the ENY system. Those complaining , are now the Big side. Can they do somthing to help balance the sides.

Answere yes.

Will normal eb and flow of the arena occasionaly imbalance sides.

Answere yes.

Will the ENY system damapen those peeks, absolutly.

HiTech

I can't find that link for the thread where the community discussed the options for side balancing with HiTech. Regardless, I doubt you'd read it anyways because you want what you want w/o regard to how it effects the rest of the community.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »
There were alternatives and they were discussed, this solution, ENY, was determined to be the best solution for the problem, not only by the community but also by HTC.

HiTech's own words on the subject:

I can't find that link for the thread where the community discussed the options for side balancing with HiTech. Regardless, I doubt you'd read it anyways because you want what you want w/o regard to how it effects the rest of the community.

No we don't!

We just are looking for better balancing method, if one could be implemented and thats about it. I can't believe you would be opposed to better way of balancing the countries would you?

C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »

No we don't!

We just are looking for better balancing method

Taking an ENY poll like this  is not "looking for a better balancing method"

Quote from: DCCBOSS

I would like to show how many Aces high players are against the ENY, please respond by posting a reply to this post yes or no (YES-get rid of ENY), (NO-keep ENY)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2008, 10:14:33 AM »

No we don't!

We just are looking for better balancing method, if one could be implemented and thats about it. I can't believe you would be opposed to better way of balancing the countries would you?

I missed the part where the better way was suggested?  All I see is that you don't like what is in place.   Good luck comming up with an idea that hasn't already been discussed and shot down over the last four years.

here it is elf http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,126649.0.html

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
Taking an ENY poll like this  is not "looking for a better balancing method"

Your right this a poll but look what it turned into. :salute
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
I missed the part where the better way was suggested?  All I see is that you don't like what is in place.   Good luck comming up with an idea that hasn't already been discussed and shot down over the last four years.

here it is elf http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,126649.0.html

How about one arena with ENY attached to perk value to side with high ENY level and make fair so the younger players can afford to be a part of it.
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
How about one arena with ENY attached to perk value to side with high ENY level and make fair so the younger players can afford to be a part of it.

Now all you have to do is explain that where it makes sense.

New players can play from day one now.
ENY has to cover all arenas.
In TA you can fly all planes to learn them.
In DA you can fly all planes and joust to learn them.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »
That was tried before ENY limiting.  It didn't have an effect on balance.  It is still in effect.  You earn more perks by being on the low numbered side.  ENY is actually the value used to figure perk points, and just happens to be the value they decided to limit planes with afterwards.  Flying a high ENY plane earns perks faster.

Actually Im guessing I really don't understand what you're saying :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:05:44 AM by Murdr »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2008, 11:05:13 AM »

No we don't!

I am not opposed to anything better. You are not proposing any new alternatives.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,126649.0.html

Read that thread and then propose something new. ENY is the least restrictive idea that anyone could come up with.

That has been discussed as well. The biggest problem with that is that many players have huge bank rolls of perk points. I am a good example, I have 21,367 fighter perks currently. Many other vets have even larger bank rolls. This type of system simply won't slow down the horde at all especially if the perks are made light enough that newer players can purchase the late war hotrods as well. I could buy the late war hotrods all month long and never miss any perks I might lose.

Seriously friend, go read all 21 pages of that thread. :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:11:21 AM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »
The only way it would work is reseting perk points.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2008, 11:27:01 AM »
In which case it would give an advantage to the 100+ hour club. Not sure that's a good thing either.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech