Author Topic: General Gun Discussion  (Read 14562 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Re: General Gun Discussion
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008, 02:49:53 PM »
on that we can agree.

lazs

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
  Great vid Kaw..I wish it went longer to see those p'os suits respond.

~AoM~

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »
7. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Interesting but irrelevant facts in some cases. Gun ownership was not high in Cambodia before pol pot, and people did defend themselves, it was a civil war you know. I understand your motivation but think before you post stuff like this, it makes you look worse than the anti-gun nuts.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
curval..  Not sure if you are being evasive or just dingy.  Now you are saying that besides the middle ages style penalties you have imposed on otherwise law abiding citizens... that it doesn't matter anyway cause... You don't have a gun culture?

I would say it probly is not too big a deal anyway cause so long as your amusement park of an island stays wealthy.. and there is no disaster (man made or natural) of any size....   You should be fine in your womb of false security.     Probly be fine for years.

lazs

lol

There is no middle ages penalties on anyone...unless you have a gun.  I have yet to meet ANYONE here that thinks otherwise, thus the difference in cultures.

Yea, yea...the disney comparison again.  Broken record.

We had a major fire at our power generation plant here...knocked out the entire city for two days.  That would qualify as a disaster wouldn't it?  How about a cat 3 (verging on 4) hurricane...had one in 2003.  That qualifys too right...you did say "of any size"?  No incidents requiring a gun.  Wierd huh?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »
I didn't know the US of A could be compared to the Soviet Union, Turkey, Germany, China, Guatemala, Uganda and Cambodia.

If the state of the US of A is the same as those countries then there is big trouble brewing.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »
No incidents requiring a gun.  Wierd huh?

I guess grizzly bears and cougars are fairly rare there?

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »
I am a Liberal Elitist.

Wow, we all knew this but had no idea you did.     :aok

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 04:51:10 AM »
Anybody got a link to the speech referenced?
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 08:37:29 AM »
Unfortunately gun control will be just about the only issue us voters can actually make a difference on in November. No other hot button issue can be changed- abortion? We'll still have them, even if McCain is elected. Capital punishment? It won't stop with Obama or Hillary. Iraq? Don't make me laugh- we're there for at least for more years no matter who's President.

Vote Democrat and we'll have more gun control laws, vote Republican and we'll have more erosion of the rest of our civil liberties.

Sad we call this democracy.

there's really already enopugh laws on the books.......the problem seems to be enforcement.......and the fact that no matter hwat laws are made, the criminals will always have them....period.......and the point in the beginning is well made......without a way to defend ourselves, we're all nothing more than subjects.(i don't own any firearms either, but am thankful for that choice)

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
curval... what other crimes of posession of an object carry a 20 year prison sentence on your island?   

You don't think a 20 year penalty for owning a firearm is draconian? 

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 08:47:53 AM »
so curval...  you are not saying that it can't be done... getting or making a firearm.. it is just the draconian penalties for having one that stop people?

Why then... not just allow the good guys to have firearms and make the 5th century laws you have now only for criminal use of one?   wouldn't that work just as well?

lazs

I'm still waiting for Curval to answer those two questions.

If it's the harsh laws for possession that stop people from having guns on Bermuda, wouldn't harsh laws for use of guns work just as well?

The basic point is that it is the laws that keep your island gun-free, right? Law and the respect for the law?

So why wouldn't law and the respect for law keep people from using guns in criminal activities if guns were allowed?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 08:48:56 AM »
(i don't own any firearms either, but am thankful for that choice)

And there you go.
Thank you for supporting a right even though you do not participate in gun ownership at this time.
Very rare here.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Jackal, I'm a gun owner who believes that if our Government allows unstable delusional old hippie revolutionaries to own firearms- say, someone like me, for instance- then we're in deep doo doo.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 10:26:03 AM »
And there you go.
Thank you for supporting a right even though you do not participate in gun ownership at this time.
Very rare here.

WELL....I'M NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD...BUT AM DEFINITLY SMART ENOUGHTO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIS-ARM THE PEOPLE.......and although i choose to not own any right now, i am an archery shooter, and guess who they'll come for next? besides...when somehting bad happens, someone needs to be able to help those of us that don't have any.

<<S>> to all of those of you who've taken your valuable time to take the proper firearm training, and keep yourselves proficient!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »
Jackal, I'm a gun owner who believes that if our Government allows unstable delusional old hippie revolutionaries to own firearms- say, someone like me, for instance- then we're in deep doo doo.

Maybe you should just get rid of your guns then?