Author Topic: General Gun Discussion  (Read 15057 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: General Gun Discussion
« Reply #405 on: July 01, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »
Oh, absolutely. I hope the guy gets O.J.'d.

Speaking of hyppocrites though what if Mr. Horn's neighbor had lost his house keys, and Mr. Horn, mistaking his neighbor for a burgular, shot him in the back? I heard the 911 call, and there was less than a second before he said "Don't move" and the gun fired, so such an accident could have happened- But would you excuse Mr. Horn his mistake? After all, he thought he was protecting his neighbors' property, right?

Would the neighbor crawl out of his own window and cross into Mr. Horn's property with a shotgun pointed at him and instructions being shouted?

or would he just ring the doorbell?

Gotta love conjecture and bad analogies.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #406 on: July 01, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »
"What If" he didn't have a shotgun, and the thieves saw him, and didn't want to be identified, so they decided to kill Mr. Horn with the crowbar?

Either way he did what he felt  needed to be done, and the courts ruled that what he did was within the law.

What's freaking so many people out i think, is that it was caught on tape, and maybe they mentally can't handle it.  Maybe in that same situation alot of people wouldn't have even called the cops in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:48:38 PM by Speed55 »
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #407 on: July 01, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
"Bad analogies?" You just gave a guy a pass who shot two guys in the back. What if- in a similar situation- the shooter makes a mistake and shoots a kid sneaking in or out of the house? Does that shooter get a free pass also?

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2008, 03:00:40 PM »
I don't understand why everyone is doing the "what if's" with this one. A grand jury found him NOT GUILTY of any wrong doing in this case. They heard the tape, they heard the testimony, and probably heard much more than you or I will ever hear about this case, and they pronounced it a justifiable shoot. He acted within the laws of the state of Texas and his local laws.

He's alive, his neighbor didn't loose any property, and 2 criminals are gone for good. He stood up for what was right and here are a bunch of bleeding hearts that think that criminals should be treated better than that. Well too bad.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »
osamaba saying that he believes in the individual right to keep and bear arms is about like ron paul saying that he believes in a womans right to choose so long as she is of age and.. that age is 65

An individual right is not a right if government has unlimited power to restrict.

McCain is quite clear on what restrictions he thinks should apply and they are few.

osamabama is quite clear on the restrictions he would apply and they would be far worse than anything we have ever had before the latest decision.

Charon points out osamabamas posititons and they are all the most restrictive we have ever seen... worse than the brady bunch comes up with.

lazs

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
Texas justice?? One grand jury member, when asked to comment on their ruling, said simply "Remember the Alamo."

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #411 on: July 01, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »
"Bad analogies?" You just gave a guy a pass who shot two guys in the back. What if- in a similar situation- the shooter makes a mistake and shoots a kid sneaking in or out of the house? Does that shooter get a free pass also?

What if they ran back to their car, took pistols out of the glovebox, and opened up at his house as they peeled out? We can play the "What If" game all day. It will never effectively validate your opinion.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2008, 03:54:02 PM »
Isn't texas one of the few states it is LEGAL to use deadly force in defense of propertie?

I agree with this law by the way. Thieves are scum. They deserve what they get if they are stupid enough to steal in Texas.

Hell years ago there was a case of a repo man getting shot while repoing a car. Owner walked into his front yard and shot the guy with a hunting rifle. The repo man croaked.  I remeber seeing a sheriff on TV being interviewed over it, and he said, in this case it was tragic, but in most cases the law is a good law.

The didnt prosecute the guy if I remeber right.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »
From everything I have read, under current Texas law it seems to be a legal shoot, that does not make it a good shoot.

I have problems with shooting folks involved in property crimes in the back, maybe the next time someone gives me a hot check I should track them down and shoot them in the back.

From listening to the tape it was obvious that the guy really wanted to shoot those guys, dispatch telling him to stay in the house, naw I'm gonna shoot em!!!

This guy does have something in common with OJ.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #414 on: July 01, 2008, 04:53:28 PM »
home invaders should die like the rats they are, all of them.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #415 on: July 01, 2008, 05:10:07 PM »
Texas justice?? One grand jury member, when asked to comment on their ruling, said simply "Remember the Alamo."

I'm surprised being Texans they didn't say remember Goliad. March 27, 1836. 342 Texans who had surrendered to Santa Ana under a white flag were ordered executed en'mass at Goliad Texas.

Once the columns reached their selected location, the Mexican soldados formed into two ranks on one side of the captives. The unarmed Texians were then fired on at point-blank range only a few hundred yards from the fort. The wounded and dying were then clubbed and stabbed. Those who survived the initial volley were run down by the Mexican cavalry. Fannin's men wounded in the Battle of Coleto were shot or bayoneted where they lay. Colonel Fannin was the last to be executed, after seeing his men butchered. Their bodies were stacked into piles and burned.

Funny how south of the border criminals seem to treat american citizens in similare ways as Goliad while commiting crimes on U.S. soil to this day. Many american citizens to this day are terrified of nonwhite criminals in Texas and the Southwest because of how brutaly they\ilegal aliens  murder, assault and rape our citizens. But hey, I guess all of our children and women who have been and still are getting raped and murdered by these kinds of scum got what they deserved.

So Carral what if only a 6 year old girl had been home when these two broke in? If you do some background research it seems these two choir boys were in Texas to hook up with an "eligal alien" home break in ring who were known to engage in extream violence. Maybe that came out in the grand jury hearing.

I'm still curious what we are going to say some day to all of OUR raped and murdered, children and women? Come on all you heros and champions of right and wrong. Evil wins ONLY because good men do NOTHING.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #416 on: July 01, 2008, 05:15:33 PM »
home invaders should die like the rats they are, all of them.

you got sumpin against rats?? :rofl :rofl

seriously.....most direct and true statement so far :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #417 on: July 01, 2008, 06:26:13 PM »
I missed the memo--did he spell out his opinions in water vapor up in the sky or did he do a connect-the-dots job with stars?

Please advise.

Hilarious.  I was going to post something similar, albeit much more crude / profanity laced. 

The truth is that God hasn't told us what he wants.  People have told us what God wants.  And until the people who tell us what god wants gain NO POWER whatsoever, I will not even begin to consider them being anything but fascists.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #418 on: July 01, 2008, 06:36:59 PM »
This man should be given an award for what he did!! In the back or not.....these guys deserved every piece of lead
that is in them...This will set and example for the other thugs out there that there is Justice, and its not just the law.
 The thing that most of you don't realize is these guys are all over...if they would have gotten caught, they would sit
in jail on my hard earned tax dollars....these guys know that they will just get a slap on the wrist for breaking into a house.
  To hell with them and all the thugs that ruin innocent peoples lives.
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #419 on: July 01, 2008, 08:00:42 PM »
Give the guy a medal.  Two less scumbags to be using up air and eating good food.  Plus, no additional contamination to the gene pool.
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.