Author Topic: General Gun Discussion  (Read 15048 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Re: General Gun Discussion
« Reply #570 on: July 03, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »
toad.. with all due respect..  I hold "time" magazine in about as much regard as "newsweek".. which means... none at all.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #571 on: July 03, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
I feel the same way but that's not the point.

It's wide distribution and a lot of average neutral-on-guns people are going to read it. The Joe Horn case got a lot of discussion by folks like us and the rabid antis but I imagine that on a national scale the everyday folk that don't think about guns very much probably missed it entirely.

It's out there now and I believe the general populace will see this as a bad shoot.

The cowboy movies generally disparaged shooting someone in the back; in a country that values the Old West morality that isn't going to play well. Horn's stated intent to kill them before he ever left his house isn't going to play well. The Kaufman County shooting isn't going to play well and will also provide ammunition for the antis.

I think Horn hurt the cause of gun rights. IMO.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #572 on: July 03, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »
I really don't know what he did but if he just shot em in the back for no reason other than the burglary then he was wrong in my opinion.

If he felt he or anyone else was in danger then I say that the whole thing and the results were the fault of the people who caused it to happen.. the burglars.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #573 on: July 03, 2008, 03:06:13 PM »
I invite you to listen to the 911 tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLtKCC7z0yc

Then tell me what you think.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #574 on: July 03, 2008, 03:28:23 PM »
  The guy shot em in the back.What was the danger?Were they going to fart on him? I see nothing but him stateing he was going to kill them and then he followed through.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #575 on: July 03, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
I scare the "hot" dogs of by sending them a message from my 12 gauge, shots no. 5 or so, from about 80 yards. It makes a yelp, fast speed, no injuries, and no return  :devil
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #576 on: July 03, 2008, 06:06:28 PM »
I may be re telling some one Else's post, but in Texas the law reads, you can use deadly force to protect yourself , your person, your personal property, and your neighbors self, or personal property!!
if the neighbor asked, then you have a second guarantee in the fact that you become an agent of his property therefore responsible as if it was your own,
the reason that it is this way is because Texas thinks it is more important to protect you and your property than to protect the rights of those who break the law!
 if these men did not want to die ,,, they should not have come here,, again,,,, to rob my fellow Texans
 if a law enforcement agent would have arrived on the scene,he would have had the right too shoot them,, the law in Texas gave the average person that same right!! as well they should have!!
 and it has been determend that he did not shoot them in the back , instead it looks like he got both of them in the first shot , hitting one of them in the side the other from the opposite side, like they were weaving in and out at each other, one was mortally wounded at that time , while the other bled out while running away!!
the only question this brings up is, is your personal property worth more than the life of those who wish too take it from you,,, Texas says it is! if you have a problem with that don't come too Texas planing to rob anyone!!

from "rob's, no bull zone"
The burglars shot by Horn had extensive criminal records. Hernando Riascos Torres, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30, were unemployed illegal immigrants from Colombia. Torres was deported to Colombia in 1999 after a 1994 cocaine-related conviction. These were career criminals and not only are they here breaking into American citizens homes but they broke the law just to get into our country. These two criminals are being supported by the black panthers and civil rights activists which were very much for Mr. Horn going to jail for his heroic action.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:33:57 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #577 on: July 03, 2008, 06:45:17 PM »
All gun topics must fit in this one thread?  This is gonna get confusing if people dont quote who or what they are replying too.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #578 on: July 03, 2008, 10:19:46 PM »
the reason that it is this way is because Texas thinks it is more important to protect you and your property than to protect the rights of those who break the law!
 if these men did not want to die ,,, they should not have come here,, again,,,, to rob my fellow Texans

Care to send some of that not so common sense to the east coast.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #579 on: July 03, 2008, 11:24:50 PM »
I invite you to listen to the 911 tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLtKCC7z0yc

Then tell me what you think.

I have listened to Mr.Horn's 911 call a handfull of times now and I will agree he said and did some things maybe he shouldnt have.

In the end though I still applaud him for what he did cause I believe when he said "move you're Dead" was him telling them what would happen if they moved. They moved. He stopped them from possibly hurting him. They chose to move when he told them not to. They decided their fate, not Mr. Horn and I'd see it that way if I was a juror on the jury. I still dont think he was wrong.

I'd like to see the court transcripts if they are ever released, if that statement was adressed and what his response was.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:26:29 PM by Wolf14 »

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #580 on: July 04, 2008, 04:08:31 AM »
What is everyone's choice of a CCW weapon?

I plan to use my Kimber SIS Pro as my carry piece when I escape Illinois.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #581 on: July 04, 2008, 08:24:43 AM »
The tape doesn't tell me much..  I think everyone here has said they were gonna "kill that guy" It is probly a poor choice of words but..  I don't know what happened in the house just before the shooting.. no one does.

If he told em not to move or he would shoot and then they moved..  Like I said.. I wasn't there but that would mean a threat to me.  Two hardened criminals.. one old man who has brought a gun and is now committed to either shoot or have the gun used on him?   Who knows.

Like I said.. if he felt he was in no danger then he was wrong.   The guys who broke in were the real bad guys tho.  they coulda stayed in columbia but they broke into the country.. they coulda not broke into the home to rob and or whatever..

And last.. they coulda... shoulda.. just put their hands on top of their head and sat down on the floor and waited for the cops to get there and arrest em.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #582 on: July 04, 2008, 08:29:05 AM »
AA.. I have a Kimber eclipse in 45.. nice gun.   For carry I would lean toward my 360 PD scandium .357 with 125 grain federals..  A twelve ounce gun that fits into the front pocket and is no hassle to carry all day.

For winter or woods.. the Kimber is fine but I like my cut down (4 inch and despurred and melted) Ruger redhawk in 44 mag with 240 grain hyrdoshocks... If I buy another new handgun ever it will be one of the scandium 44 mags by Smith and Wesson...  They are hell on recoil at 20 ounces or so but easy to carry.

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #583 on: July 04, 2008, 09:37:42 AM »
What would be the nicest .44 mag???
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #584 on: July 04, 2008, 09:50:52 AM »
all around or for some purpose you had in mind?

lazs