Author Topic: Text filters and touchy mods  (Read 7605 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Text filters and touchy mods
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2008, 11:43:05 PM »
Off-peak is not moderated heavily, or so it seems anyway, only Dastrdly seems to get muted regularly and he's completely harmless.

Actually, the warning about being "pissed off" for me came at about midnight, when there were only about 80 of us in the arena. Ive never had any run-ins with mods during busy hours.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2008, 11:46:07 PM »
Considering HTC keeps a log of text, why don't you send an email to them, suggest the time frame and they can have a peek.  If there is a problem, they will deal with it.

excellent idea
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2008, 03:51:49 AM »
Flying in MA a Month ago xbrit came into the arena. I've known xbrit now for what 4 or 5 Years.. Great guy, a friend.  I remarked "Who left the door unlocked? Crap xbrit slipped in."  Muted 10 minutes.

Yeah there's a bit of biased MODs out there.

Yup and they should have at least an identity number that pops up when they do anything so their actions can be reported by players to HTC staff when they are ridiculous or in some cases, abusive to customers.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2008, 04:00:58 AM »
Unfortunately, what you showed was an inability to give an accurate account of what happened....by your own admission.  :frown:

If you want to try the mods out, go to the arena, get on 200, and just say... "wow, mods really are too strict." and see what happens. IIRC, Vanscrew said something like it and somehow, it got Joker2 muted in the process.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2008, 04:22:35 AM »
Or type on 200 "1+ what do you mean the mods suck tonight???" :devil
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2008, 06:50:04 AM »
Even with some other people giving stories about saying "crap" and getting muted, people on here still don't believe us. Go figure.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2008, 07:07:17 AM »
Even with some other people giving stories about saying "crap" and getting muted, people on here still don't believe us. Go figure.

I think you guys are the ones with the problems. I don't think you got muted for saying "crap", I think you got muted for your reputations. If the mods know you as a "loud mouth braggart", and you come on while they are on, they may just be muting you for little stuff to nip it in the bud so to speak. Get you to calm down BEFORE you really get wound up.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2008, 08:20:07 AM »
I think you guys are the ones with the problems. I don't think you got muted for saying "crap", I think you got muted for your reputations. If the mods know you as a "loud mouth braggart", and you come on while they are on, they may just be muting you for little stuff to nip it in the bud so to speak. Get you to calm down BEFORE you really get wound up.

I did no talking on 200 previous to that. I was quiet for a few hours. So that little version has no solid ground.

Anyway, there shouldn't be prejudices against certain players, even if they are known to have huge mouths. Moderators are supposed to be unbiased.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2008, 08:35:37 AM »
Dave do you think perhaps you may have done something to earn a slight bias?

Being quiet for "a few hours" and having a day/week/month/year(s) long history of shooting off your mouth does not a good excuse make.  I expect that things that get people muted are cumulative and not just the immediate infraction in a moderators eye.

Same goes for most of the folks who complain about the moderators...they're usually the bigmouths.

I've seen/heard serenity go off and his virtual mouth would've been duct taped if that happened in an event I was running so I expect something "innocent" or toeing the line would get your wrist slapped easier if you had a history of doing such.

I received a popup warning some time ago while bantering with a former Air Warrior buddy from years long past.  Something to the effect of "Golfer, you know better than that" and while I didn't know exactly what was insulting/toeing the line I did something radical...

I stopped.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2008, 09:32:50 AM »
Third rule of the Internet - where there are pics, there is probably Photoshop...

:D

<S>

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »
I have looked into what happen.

Life is not as simple as DaveJ describes.

I looked at the logs.  The whole story is DaveJ said crap, I agree with DaveJ that he was not over the line when he first was WARNED and not muted by the moderator. The word crap by itself would not be a normal offense, also not there was no muting at this time, only a warning given. And the issues has been discussed with the moderators.

Next DaveJ gets on his squad channel to try push the issue with the moderator.
He counts down on squad channel so they all want to say crap at once on channel 200.

This is when he and his squad mates were muted, and I also would have muted them for defying the authority of a mod.
Had Dave simply taking the warning for what it was, emailed us about the Crap issue All would have been handled.

Dave also shows his real intent by pushing the issue again on the bbs. Under normal circumstances I would not discuss logs on the bbs. But it is not the word crap that Dave was muted for, rather the arguing with a mod on open channel, this will always end in a mute, because it really is disruptive to game play and should be handled with HTC via email.

HiTech

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
I thought I heard a volcano rumble somewhere...... :noid

<---- puts on tin-foil hat and hides
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2008, 12:07:46 PM »
The word crap by itself would not be a normal offense, also not there was no muting at this time, only a warning given. This is when he and his squad mates were muted, and I also would have muted them for defying the authority of a mod.
Had Dave simply taking the warning for what it was, emailed us about the Crap issue All would have been handled.

I was muted the first time, for 10 minutes. I got a warning and then a mute. The 2nd time it was for an hour.

Fair enough about the defying the authority of a moderator, but in my personal opinion he is overstepping his authority for muting just for "crap". I can't believe a person can be muted for saying that, once again.

And I realize this is a losing argument.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »
I was muted the first time, for 10 minutes. I got a warning and then a mute. The 2nd time it was for an hour.

Fair enough about the defying the authority of a moderator, but in my personal opinion he is overstepping his authority for muting just for "crap". I can't believe a person can be muted for saying that, once again.

hhmm funy how the story changes.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »

Something we agree upon.

You might as well be be urinating up a rope.  Tis never wise to anger Mr. The Buck Stops Here
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.