Author Topic: Falcnwng is a class act  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Falcnwng is a class act
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2008, 10:01:21 PM »
Congrats Zazen!!

Believe me, as the Father of 5 boys, I can relate to your worries.

But I can't figure out how you felt that interjecting your worries into this particular post would be relevant.

Wow, I couldn't even imagine 5 boys, I'm nervous about one...lol

I used this thread because it was not a discussion, it was a simple statement of fact regarding an internet relationship. So, discussing in general the potential danger of exclusively internet based relationships seemed appropriate. Without my well-meaning cautionary tales and responses to them there would be no discussion here at all. There's nothing else here but people sounding off in roll-call fashion with their opinion of a player...That alone is a big <YAWN> as far discussion threads go, so no loss there...I at least tried to make my posts entertaining to read as an incentive. ;)
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2008, 10:04:20 PM »
I think my squad believes I'm a lunatic of some sort but if they actually met me in person they would realize that they'd be chopped up into little pieces for dogfood distribution before they could form a valid opinion. So don't be too quick to judge!

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2008, 10:08:36 PM »
Wow, I couldn't even imagine 5 boys, I'm nervous about one...lol

I used this thread because it was not a discussion, it was a simple statement of fact regarding an internet relationship. So, discussing in general the potential danger of exclusively internet based relationships seemed appropriate. Without my well-meaning cautionary tales and responses to them there would be no discussion here at all. There's nothing else here but people sounding off in roll-call fashion with their opinion of a player...That alone is a big <YAWN> as far discussion threads go, so no loss there...I at least tried to make my posts entertaining to read as an incentive. ;)

Well , while we may not see "eye to eye" on the reasons for your interlude into this discussion, I still wish you the best of luck with your future friend and "lawn mower".

Cya up there,

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »

I still wish you the best of luck with your future friend and "lawn mower".

Cya up there,

Boner

Lawnmower..Hehe :) Ty sir  :salute
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:18:57 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2008, 10:15:27 PM »

Well , while we may not see "eye to eye" on the reasons for your interlude into this discussion, Boner

I really wish I was half as clever as people give me credit for on these forums. I'd be like James Bond or some super-spy CIA agent inciting rebellions and installing puppet regimes... :rofl
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:49:05 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »
I really wish I was half as clever as people give me credit for on these forums. I'd be like James Bond or some super-spy CIA agent inciting rebellions and installing "Muppet" regimes...

Fixed.

Going to play the "other " game now.

Nite guys,

Boner

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
Fixed.

Going to play the "other " game now.

Nite guys,

Boner

Haha! Take Care Boner..."Muppet" regimes...Pretty funny.  :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2008, 12:11:49 PM »
self depreciating
     :huh

self-deprecating.  Carry on.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2008, 12:20:04 PM »
I've met people online who I figured for freaks only to meet them in person where they turn out to be really good people. I've also met people online that sounded really great in chat, but in person turned out to be flaming bungholes on a Popsicle stick. I would just caution against public "warm fuzzies" of adoration until you actually belly up to a Sports Bar and have a beer with the person....Unless you like the taste of crow. ;)

ummmmmmmm..... flaming bunghole      :devil
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »
btw bat, my apologies for the other night, I was not in good spirits and had just heard that crap form twitboi.  :D

:salute

PS -if you want to put that mess to rest, we can still go best out of 10! :devil

I took it with a pinch of salt Mark, no worries man :)

S!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:49:44 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2008, 04:01:56 PM »
Ive met quite a few folks in the 13-odd years Ive been playing AH/AW (had a nation-wide job for 6 years) Met Kak3 (not nearly as wound up in person as here :))...met Abdul from AW...great old hippy guy who worked for IRS, even had a top 40 song in early 80's (I'm afraid he passed away from liver issues).... Met Lobo3 (retired Air force gent)and his wife Max, great folks...met RapidRem (who had quite a few names.."Glint"..among others)...New Jersey cop...lives in Maryland now....prolly a couple more I can't remember, haven't been disappointed yet. Ya chat with folks enough in  game (not so much in here) ya get a good idea of who they are
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
Met Kak3 (not nearly as wound up in person as here :))...

God, I hope not. Although some of his freakouts in AW on Gamestorm were some real all-time classics. We used to say, "Uh oh! the "Kaka" has hit the fan again!"  :rofl

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2008, 10:18:15 AM »
WmLute has always been someone i respect and i felt the BBS had gotten too personal and vitriolic for my taste so I Pm'd him and had a great conversation...I was relieved to leave it feeling he was an outstanding person who didn't take my posts personally.  Thanks Lute  :salute

Zazen I was going  to PM you as well, as I felt things were getting out of hand.  If you are willing I still will.  Im sorry that you are upset...but hey sometimes it goes that way.  You just hadn't been on when i was lately.

Im feisty on the BBS and in the game sometimes...i love opportunities like going to the da with banshee to clear the air...Banshee was the superior pilot that night :salute

To all who posted nice things thank you :aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2008, 10:24:48 AM »
Im feisty on the BBS and in the game sometimes...i love opportunities like going to the da with banshee to clear the air...Banshee was the superior pilot that night :salute

To all who posted nice things thank you :aok

Don't lie to these nice people :)  I just got lucky
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »
Don't lie to these nice people :)  I just got lucky

Thats what i kept telling myself...til you kept winning  ;)
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB