Author Topic: I hate stick stirrers  (Read 1313 times)

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
I hate stick stirrers
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »
So if you anyone sees me on their 6 please don't stir your stick,  I have a hard enough time shooting you anyway.   I appreciate your compliance...  lol :(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:31:31 PM by infowars »
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: I hate stick stirrers
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
 :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »
So what, their supposed to take it and just die?  I have had some of those guys in my sights and then they have stock stirred their way out of it.  All is fair in love, war and AH2.   :D
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »
So what, their supposed to take it and just die?  I have had some of those guys in my sights and then they have stock stirred their way out of it.  All is fair in love, war and AH2.   :D

True stick stirring is not "fair". It's a gamey tactic that takes advantage of the fact that we must use the internet and its' inherent shortcomings to play the game.

That said, stick stirrers are usually not hard to kill.  One just slows down a bit and plucks them.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »
That said, stick stirrers are usually not hard to kill.  One just slows down a bit and plucks them.

And then runs out of ammo or gets picked by the second D9 coming in  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 12:33:25 PM »
Man I had a film of someone in a Yak stick stirring I wish i wouldnt have deleted it :( wait it was LtPappy i think his name was, more like Ltcrappy :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 01:01:46 PM »
Yeah that really sucks,  I don't get very many kills and when I finally get down d200 he starts flopping around I waste all my ammo and I get picked...  Story of my life.

I don't let people kill me but I don't stir my stick either.  Seems to me kind of like cheating...

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
Please clarify for me what is stick stirring?
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »
Please clarify for me what is stick stirring?
Instead of a normal evasive which may result in the enemy denying you a guns solution and surviving to live some more, he acts like he's having a seizure and the plane flips out at D200, staying within guns range but being completely unpredictable and difficult to hit, making you waste tons of ammo and E to get the kill. Personally if I get in a situation where someone would stick stir I usually try to snap roll to GTFO, which even occasionally works.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
Stick stirring according to websters dictionary is "when someone is on your six and you have exhaust all of your acm ideas and death in imminent you start yanking your stick (he he) all over the place and causes your plane to flop around like a fish out of water" makes it almost impossible to get a clean shot off.  

People who don't do this choose not to because in a real situation your eyes would pop out of your head...

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 01:43:56 PM »
heheh stickstirring just serves to remind us all that is a CARTOON game, those of us that like to think of it as trying to relive history (because HTC has done such a good job of providing that feeling) really frown on it because it is to say the least "gamey" and could NOT be done in a real aircraft.

That all said, it is still an internet game and those that understand it well will take advantage to win in tough situations, hence we all distain the "score" system because it only records results and NOT how those results were obtained.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »
those that understand it well will take advantage to win in tough situations,

Wrong, they never win.  They just make you waste your ammo and may give the opportunity to their friends to pick you.  But they do not win.  They just die, without a fight.  That is why people don't like stick stirring.  Not because we are trying to re leave WWII.  It is because we just don;t understand why someone chooses to go down (or win in other cases) without a fight.  You get on my six, and you have put your self in a very dangerous situation.  If you win, you probably had fun because you managed to win a difficult fight. If I start stick steering, I lose the fight and you lost your time.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
Net lag and/or sub-optimal frame rates can combine to make planes look like they are flying along straight, then "snapping" instantly into a 90 degree turn, then "snapping"  into a nosedive, etc.

Without the limitations of the internet and computers, you would perceive what their plane is doing the as logical, fluid motion and stick stirring would not be an issue.

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »
I tried the stick stir once....in a 190...operative word was..."disaster". They don't like being jerked too much.  I guess the most effective stick stirrers I have seen are the p38s.
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
I tried the stick stir once....in a 190...operative word was..."disaster". They don't like being jerked too much.  I guess the most effective stick stirrers I have seen are the p38s.

every plane can do it.  The 190 however, was made for it  :lol