Author Topic: What a friking boring game this has become  (Read 5343 times)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: What a friking boring game this has become
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »
Seen it on TV

Yes, the best and the brightest WWII tacticians work for history channel.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2008, 02:16:56 PM »
Yup, people who really don't want to die try a lot harder once cornered. People who could care less if they die tend to do stupid things that makes killing them not nearly as difficult, fun or educational for either party.

or those that just careless would ho and ram every chance!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2008, 02:21:03 PM »
Yes, the best and the brightest WWII tacticians work for history channel.

They arent always right, but I dont think a whole show would be dedicated to lying about fighter tactics... :rolleyes:

But hey, you're the expert, flaming anyone on this thread with any chance you get.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2008, 02:24:53 PM »
or those that just careless would ho and ram every chance!

Yup, a coin flip makes no matter to them, they just giggle, shrug it off and get a fresh plane...Rinse and repeat.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2008, 03:09:50 PM »
I don't understand complaints about runners. There are unperked planes fast enough to catch almost anything. There are large numbers of targets that aren't so fast.

On any given night, a large percentage of the planes being flown in the MA will be Spits of various stripes, N1Ks, the odd Hurri and Zeke, etc. and so forth. They can easily be chased down by a P-51, 190 D9, F4U 1A, Yak, La 7, or many other planes on the higher end of the speed scale. Buy a Tempest and you can chase down almost everything in the MA with relative ease.

Its not the Niki,or the "odd" Hurri etc that are the problem.

Those aren't the ones you see running.

The biggest offenders are the other planes that you suggested. Especially the 51.

When I see a P-51, I know that I will have to run him down as he "extends" back to his base ack.

190s are pretty bad too, but not half as annoying as the 51.

I can't expect to hop in a plane (pick one) and venture forth looking for a fight without running into high alt running punks in there 51s.

Kinda limits my choices on what I can fly.

That is unless I like dodging these little girls in there runstangs all nite long.

Guys talk about "griefers" bombing CVs and ending what was an entertaining confrontation.

I submit that the 51 and 190 interjecting their sissy style of play into that situation has the same effect as someone taking out the CV.

Soooo , it looks like if I wanna play this game , I'll have to fly a LA7 or tempest, 51 or run90 to be on a somewhat equal footing with the runners.

Oh yeah, I'll have to spend half my time climbing to 15k or higher to be co-alt whith these dweebs.

I love this game, but that style of play is more than a little frustrating.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »
Ya know, if you take the ammo down for a few bases around where you are fighting, fun police have a long way to haul bombs.  3-4 people in 15 min can fly and knock out several bases if a person has an inkling to do so.

The problem is, the one's in the buffs have no problem spending an hour in them.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2008, 03:58:09 PM »
I submit that the 51 and 190 interjecting their sissy style of play into that situation has the same effect as someone taking out the CV.
I don't fly em, but 51's flown by good sticks like Steve or SkatSr can dogfight REAL well....190d9's...not so much. The fact that one chooses to fly them in the first place is telling.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »
The game is only boring if you try to look at it as a air to air combat game.  

Well said Urchin.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »
When an enemy was going down to BnZ you, you were supposed to turn around and HO him. Seen it on TV and read it online. I'll go dig up quotes...

Well, you just read Bighorns response on-line also.  Therefore, he must be right
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »
\

Yea Mash...same the other night.  We had a cv a bit off the coast with no intention of taking the base, just some good old-fashioned low alt furballing. Man it was blast until...In come the buffs to ruin the fun and about 50-60 good pilots log off.
Same thing happens to us. A CV came close to the base, so a bunch of us upped 190F8's and porked the living crap out of about 10 or 12 airfields, killed all their ords. Had a fantastic CV fight from there on for about a good 3 hours, until some dweeblets came in 5 or 6 heavy lancs and ruined the fight.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2008, 06:30:03 PM »
if Im in a pony or a 190, even a p47, your not going to have to chase me down. Im in it for the fight, and "extending" any thing more than 1.5 k only means my plane is fluttering to the ground and your flying off looking for another fight!

If your extending to your base, or until the enemy plane turns his back, your taking this game wayyyyyyyy to seriously and should look into a new past time.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
If you don't like people running from you, fly a 262.  Case closed.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2008, 06:55:56 PM »
Since anyone flying one of those planes trying to boom and zoom you is a horrible pilot, they are harmless to you and a non-issue.

Since Spits and N1Ks *never* run, everyone still has plenty of targets available.

Seriously though, the only time I run into difficulty with runners is when I'm tooling along in a SpitVIII or the like. Sometimes I latch onto the long six of a Mustang or similar, and low and behold, they extend away. I suppose I should be indignant and filled with anger that they did not reverse back into me and give an easy kill.

Bluntly, if you have a major problem with targets running away all the time, you are probably in a ride that trades speed for maneuverability. That is a limitation you chose to inflict upon yourself, and whether you overcome it or not is purely up to you. Perhaps guys who fly P-51s should complain that other planes turn too tightly for them to follow, its "unfair". Perhaps guys who like to fly P-40s should complain that the 109s have too much horse-power and its "unfair" how they leave them in the dust in the vertical. This would make about as much sense.

Also, it is not a matter of planes. The SpitXVIs are as likely to "extend" from a Hurri as a P-51 is from a Spit in my experience. But I don't consider this unreasonable. I've also known P-51s to run from Doras...here the point is not I suppose to win the race long term but to drag you to ack and under friendly forces. Oh well, I've learned not to chase runners who are obviously dragging me to a trap. Perhaps there would be less wailing and gnashing of teeth on the boards if everbody did the same.

Nothing limits your choice on what you can fly. If no one in a bnz plane is attacking you, they are just scenery. If they do attack you, there is always a window for an overshoot kill. It may be short and require exceptional gunnery skills, but so what? This is similar to how the firing window to kill a much better t'n'ber in a bnz plane will often be short and require exceptional gunnery skills.

I have seen people argue that if the energy fighter takes his shot, his gunnery skills are inadequate, and he ends up with a superior angles fighter on his long six, he should reverse back into it and die. But one could also argue that if the angles fighter generates an overshoot and fails to get the kill before the energy fighter has extended, he does not deserve the kill because his gunnery skills are inadequate.

Of course, both notions are utterly false IMO, because there is no use pondering the question of "deserving" something, there is only the question of whether you can GET something. If you can build a little alt and then dive in to execute that Pony with your Spit, sucks for him, bully for you. If the Pony can get out of it by running, sucks for you, bully for him. Same thing goes for all these little complaints people like to air.

Honestly, if the opposition LIKES the way you are piloting the plane, either you are coming up on the short end of the stick a lot or the enemy is a masochist.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:02:25 PM by BnZ »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2008, 07:01:55 PM »
Bluntly, if you have a major problem with targets running away all the time, you are probably in a ride that trades speed for maneuverability. That is a limitation you chose to inflict upon yourself, and whether you overcome it or not is purely up to you. Perhaps guys who fly P-51s should complain that other planes turn too tightly for them to follow, its "unfair". Perhaps guys who like to fly P-40s should complain that the 109s have too much horse-power and its "unfair" how they leave them in the dust in the vertical. This would make about as much sense.

Bingo.  Let's start a whine fest about all of the guys who turn all the time and how it's ruining the game when we want to fly P-51s, P47s and 190D's. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »

Its not the Niki,or the "odd" Hurri etc that are the problem.

Those aren't the ones you see running.

The biggest offenders are the other planes that you suggested. Especially the 51.

When I see a P-51, I know that I will have to run him down as he "extends" back to his base ack.

190s are pretty bad too, but not half as annoying as the 51.

I can't expect to hop in a plane (pick one) and venture forth looking for a fight without running into high alt running punks in there 51s.

That is unless I like dodging these little girls in there runstangs all nite long.

Guys talk about "griefers" bombing CVs and ending what was an entertaining confrontation.

Soooo , it looks like if I wanna play this game , I'll have to fly a LA7 or tempest, 51 or run90 to be on a somewhat equal footing with the runners.

Oh yeah, I'll have to spend half my time climbing to 15k or higher to be co-alt whith these dweebs.

I love this game, but that style of play is more than a little frustrating.
It is not the bird ,it is the sticks that fly them,i think you find most people that fly 190's pony's and other fast birds are new so they dont know any beater,I'll fly against yea anytime in a pony and i wont ack hug or run.And i cant help but notice most of your kills are in a La7.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:09:39 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs