Author Topic: You want change...?  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
Re: You want change...?
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 09:52:03 AM »
My girl friend and I were channel surfing yesterday morning.
We decided to count how many times something was on about Obamma vs McCain.
 We counted 18 times Obamma was mentioned vs 6 times that McCain was mentioned.
What does that tell you about our media?? Seems that Every time I turn on the Boob tube
I see Obamma and hardly ever to I see McCain.
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 10:00:20 AM »

Well after Bush, it would be hard for the changes by either candidate to be for the worse (realistically speaking), but I think that Obama's promised changes are far better than those of McCain (who has apparently voted with Bush 95% of the time).

Just how bad have you suffered under Bush, and exactly what kind of change do you want to see?
Exactly what in your life is so screwed up that you need to seek change through the politics of another country?
Seriously, you're full of s**t sitting in your home spouting off for change in our country on the internet, when you don't provide anything for yourself in your own life kid.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2008, 10:06:47 AM »
@moot: IMO it has disappeared (if we're talking about the same thing - the racism issue).  When he applied to Harvard, Obama did not put on his CV that he's black.
It hasn't even started to disappear you freakin fanboy.  Obama hasn't come out and said explicitely  "BLACK/WHITE division is keeping America stuck in mud.. We MUST get over it yesterday before expecting any true unbiased devotion to America's true goals".  He's a black person in a position of leadership... And what does he do?  He parrots the freakin Democratic party line... Instead of going MLK on couch-potatoe-America's arse and going straight for the jugular: "Kill the freakin in-fighting already!"  

But no.... Can't have that.. We gotta make the "republicans" pay.. We gotta dismiss the founding fathers' work as "outdated" and take the democratic party line as gospel.   Lighten up UK-boy.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:08:31 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »
In

Why do people do this? Eagl, can you explain it to me? What's the point? Does saying "in" before a thread is locked make you feel clever? Witty? Seriously, I don't get it Eagl- it adds absolutely nothing to a discussion, and if a thread doesn't get locked after you've added your one word comment to it then it makes you look kinda foolish, don'tchathink?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »
forget it yossarian.......

thats all the time I will waste on your post.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »
I think m00t is the first French American guy I can stand :D
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2008, 11:50:30 AM »
Im not voting for him because he is black or musslum or the fact that he is a demacrat but just because he needs more time in a office to run my country, right now is the wroung time for such a young person to be in office. Im shure he is a "cough cough" nice person and all he just dosent have the OJT he needs to be my Commander and Chief. I know im going to get fired back on for this but oh well.

RED
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2008, 12:35:42 PM »
My girl friend and I were channel surfing yesterday morning.
We decided to count how many times something was on about Obamma vs McCain.
 We counted 18 times Obamma was mentioned vs 6 times that McCain was mentioned.
What does that tell you about our media?? Seems that Every time I turn on the Boob tube
I see Obamma and hardly ever to I see McCain.

Ya think? This is what Lou Dobbs of CNN has to say on it:
from : http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/08/25/lou-dobbs-my-colleagues-media-are-absolutely-biased

You know, with all the national media, as I've been saying here for months, in the tanks. My colleagues in the national media are absolutely biased, in the tank supporting the Obama candidacy while claiming the mantle of objectivity. Whether they're in the front page of "The Washington Post," "The New York Times," whether it's any one of the news casts, I mean, it's ridiculous.

and
Well, I think the way the national media in this country right [now] is performing, is disgraceful. And I mean, when we - "The Washington Post" had the courage to admit that it - Deborah Howell, the public editor, the ombudsman for the "Washington Post" ran a piece this past Sunday acknowledging that "The Washington Post" has put Barack Obama on the front pages of the Washington Post three times as many times as Senator McCain. "Time" magazine has run seven covers with Obama. McCain two. I mean, this is not close, folks. And it is ugly. It is nasty. And I guarantee you, we are watching a shift in the way in which the media in this country, which is already reviled by the public, I believe it's going to be even worse.

I'm an advocacy journalist. I'm an independent populist. When I speak, people know where I'm coming from. When these news organizations are doing this and trying to pretend cloaking themselves in the mantle of objectivity, you know, they're silly, (trulish), absolutely in my opinion, despicable phonies.

People have to understand this not only about the election. The old media, the mainstream media, has become a propaganda machine worse than any "news" agency of Russia. I really hope there is a tremendous backlash from it and there is legitimate reform in the way media covers itself. The only thing ( other than government intrusion which I in no way support) that can hold propagandists media accountable is objective media. The professional courtesy of media not reporting on media ( other than bashing right wing shows as "hate speech") has to stop.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »
joe biden said obama is too inexperienced to be president, oh wait, that was a few months ago.

now joe biden says, " i give you the next President of the United States of America, Barack America"

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »
Democrats are being dumb as ever. Not that the Republicans have anything to show for themselves either.

This year our family is in the, "pick your poison," scenario. Liberal, or liberal?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2008, 07:19:50 PM »
but I think that Obama's promised changes are far better than those of McCain (who has apparently voted with Bush 95% of the time).

I don't need to tell you that John McCain will just bring us another four years of the same. You can't change America when you supported George Bush's policies 95% of the time.

How many more standard DNC talking points can you recite?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
Central Planning is sold to a hopeful people as a way to solve societal problems, to right wrongs, and bring about perfect justice and equality. Central Planning promises you everything you are entitled to. As a bonus, goods and services produced by others are added to the list of commodities that everyone has a "right" to. Suddenly everyone is entitled to healthcare, housing, education, food, et cetera. It might sound nice that the state will magically provide all these wonderful things, but these rosy promises mask a dehumanizing, ugly reality. The other side of these entitlements is that now the doctor, the builder, the teacher, the farmer are slaves to the all-powerful state. No longer do they serve patients, students, or customers. They work in complete obedience to the state, their only customer.

Central planning will tell you that you are entitled to many things. Liberty tells you that you are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; to whatever you earn, and nothing that you don't. While it may seem harsh to some, we must look to basic economic truths and to history to see which model is cruel and which model is kind.

The truth is that central planning cannot provide for economic success like freedom can. Central planning makes promises it cannot possibly keep. We live in a world of unlimited wants and limited resources. If you put a massive and powerful government in charge of distributing those resources, it is not a surprise that government and those in bed with government are first in line for those resources. The poor and the middle class – the most hopeful and trusting – are hurt the most, as the state always underestimates their needs and overestimates their ability to pay taxes and absorb inflation.

[/size]

Who wrote that?

Freedom is Golden
By Ron Paul

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/08/freedom_is_golden.html

You want change? You're going to have to pop your head out of your anal vent and realize that it will totally be business as usual if either McC or The Obamessiah win.

Instead of voting against someone vote for Liberty.

The Libertarian party awaits your support.

Liberty. Freedom. POSITIVE Change.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
How many more standard DNC talking points can you recite?

It's too bad that Bush was such a trainwreck that a saying such as that would become a standard point. Alot of the mistake's made by this administration are what hobbles' McCain's campaign; especially so, since we still have American troops' involved in the Middle east. The daily news headlines' are a constant reminder to many that Iraq is still there, still a drain on our resources-especially with an economy that's struggling with increasing inflation, Incredibly high energy prices, and a credit/mortgage crisis that's yet to be resolved.

McCain's strategy would have been more successful if he would have distanced himself more from the current White House, IMHO.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:01 PM »
[/size]

Who wrote that?

Freedom is Golden
By Ron Paul

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/08/freedom_is_golden.html

You want change? You're going to have to pop your head out of your anal vent and realize that it will totally be business as usual if either McC or The Obamessiah win.

Instead of voting against someone vote for Liberty.

The Libertarian party awaits your support.

Liberty. Freedom. POSITIVE Change.

You would think that now would be the time for him to strike, and really make some headway towards' November. Hell, look at what Ross Perot did (before he caved in) against the opponent's he had at the time.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
a vote for ron paul is a vote for obama. you know it , everybody knows it.