Author Topic: Game HardLocks. Please help!  (Read 822 times)

Offline Tattered

• Copper Member
Re: Game HardLocks. Please help!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
Just because something 'works fine' doesnt mean the drivers are stable. obviously you are having troubles of some kind. With Vista 64 the most obvious issues are drivers for Nvidia or Creative products. Razer is a culprit too whether you want to consider that or not. I recommend using Windows 98 compatibility mode whether the 'emulator stuff is junk' or not it does solve more issues then it creates.

I've tried.

And the emulator is for people having issues running the game with xp. Go back and read the thread. The devs claim the game runs on Vista. It doesn't. And if it does, then they should post a plan of action to get the game running.

Ps Explain to me why running AH on an emulator works better than Vista or stop throwing out ignorant advice.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:12 PM »
I've tried.

And the emulator is for people having issues running the game with xp. Go back and read the thread. The devs claim the game runs on Vista. It doesn't. And if it does, then they should post a plan of action to get the game running.

Ps Explain to me why running AH on an emulator works better than Vista or stop throwing out ignorant advice.
Okay rather then tell you that this is what I do (being one person that uses Vista) to get the game running I will keep my ignorant advice to myself. Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:35:00 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tattered

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »
Okay rather then tell you that this is what I do (being one person that uses Vista) to get the game running I will keep my ignorant advice to myself. Have a nice day.
Kk

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 05:38:29 AM »
I've tried.

LOL!!! what a dork !

Chalenge is probably one of the biggest "fanbois" of vista on these boards and most likely knows almost as much as Skuzzy about it. Out of everyone on these boards he is the one I will be pestering the most when I am forced to join the Vista crowd (hoping to hold off until the new windows is released and debugged). You have just slapped one of the biggest resources around in the face.  What an idiot!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 06:21:07 AM »
Chalenge knows Vista as well as anyone and as he uses it everyday, I would tend to listen to him.

The game runs fine on Vista, such as Vista is, but Vista has more problems than you can imagine.  Video and sound card drivers are big issues in Vista.  It is really easy to make the OS unstable as well.  There is nothing we can do about it.

There is no fix we can do for Vista.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tattered

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »
Chalenge knows Vista as well as anyone and as he uses it everyday, I would tend to listen to him.

The game runs fine on Vista, such as Vista is, but Vista has more problems than you can imagine.  Video and sound card drivers are big issues in Vista.  It is really easy to make the OS unstable as well.  There is nothing we can do about it.

There is no fix we can do for Vista.

kk Thank You.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 12:45:59 AM »
In case you havent seen this:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,245945.0.html

It could help.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tattered

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 01:12:35 AM »
In case you havent seen this:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,245945.0.html

It could help.

Thank you but I ended up overclocking my gfx card (hadn't gotten around to it) and now the game runs smooth. No lock-ups. Cant figure out why haha. Just one of those things, I guess.