Author Topic: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(  (Read 11452 times)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
Re: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(
« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »
actually, i got on around 11ish....after i ate dinner. was rooks fightin bish. that's why i went bish for a bit....to find some fights.  :D

oo.....and it was something like 12 bish, 10 rook, and only 5 or 6 knight.

i don't generally like that particular map though either

Better not let Alpha81 know you went Bish. He takes that stuff very serious. Ask Lazygog about it. We aren't even in his squad and when we left the knit side for good he wouldn't talk to us for weeks. :furious

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
lol he came over to fly with me.

The Consortium will protect him.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:51:30 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
lol he came over to fly with me.

The Consortium will protect him.

lol...thank ys sir!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »
Better not let Alpha81 know you went Bish. He takes that stuff very serious. Ask Lazygog about it. We aren't even in his squad and when we left the knit side for good he wouldn't talk to us for weeks. :furious

he'll be ok with it. i told the couple of my squaddies that were on, what i was doing. i also told em i wouldn't engage any knights, so as to be sure to not have to fgight anyone in my own squad. like shuff said.....i went there to fly with him, and get some more fights in the 38. there wasn't anyone except tbarone fighting the knights...and he was only porking things in his 190.
 in 1 hour flying bish, i found 1/2 dozen fights. more than i had found the whole night up to that point.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »
I went into midwar last night, Cap, looking for ya, took up my Hurri2c, with 50% and drops, there was only 35 peeps in there, so I fly towards a red dar,  as I'm getting near the base I see a lower spit, so I drop my tanks, and then  drop on him, instead of BnZ him I chopped all throttle, hard rudder to stay slow, he assumes I am staying fast. he pulls up I stay on him,I give out a short burst of my cannons, his right wing comes off. so I wep up start to climb,  I look towards the nme base, he is rolling, I don't jump on him, I let him grab some ALt, at this point I bank my hurri to follow along side of him while he is grabbing ALT, we are about 5 k apart, I asked on open channel if he was ready, he says no, I look over at him and he is heading strait at me LOL, so I drop my nose to gain some speed, he tries to rope me I follow just enough to take a shot, miss, I roll back over, to make him think I am slow, he comes back down fast, I stay out in front of him so he can see my 6, he takes his shot misses, as he fires I pull strait up using hard rudder to avoid his shots, he passes me I roll inverted to see what he does, he banks hard right, I roll again so I am level, pull up again go inverted watching him, he is still trying to get up to me, I pull down on top of him, using hard rudder I get a gun solution, another quick burst takes off his wing.
 I <S> him, no responce on open channel, but he PM me and says " let me get a little more ALT"  :lol
   I type back something like "lol are serious I gave you like 7 k, then YOU engaged"  so now I am headed back to my base low on fuel, at first I thought this guy was gonna be a jerk on pm, but he wasn't, so we started to type back and forth about the fight, and about the Hurri, I am back in the air headed towards his field again, I get to about 7k(?) typing back a response hit enter then look to my left, and low and behold a spitfire less than 1k away heading strait at my 9 o'clock, I instantly roll to my left and pull a split S, but not quite, I try to always go to the side that the NME has to red out to follow, as he tries to compensate for my dive he rolls heavy to his right, I again roll in his opposite direction, as we pass each other he takes his shot misses, I pull strait up, he tries to follow, I go inverted and pull a scissors on him, I think on the second pass I pull a gun solution and blasted him through his canopy, this time he explodes.  I <S> him he <S> me back.
   there was no one else around, it wa fun, but I am so used to flying in the MAs that I was still looking around for other NMEs the whole time :lol  
    I think if I fly the MIDwar arenas to much, I will lose my SA, it just was not enough action, so I went back to LW arenas, and promply found a huge darbar, and went into heavy action, where I got killed repeatedly but also racked up a few killz.
 ether way I think this game rocks and <S> all you who fly with Honor. 

and <S> you Black70

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
I went into midwar last night, Cap, looking for ya, took up my Hurri2c, with 50% and drops, there was only 35 peeps in there, so I fly towards a red dar,  as I'm getting near the base I see a lower spit, so I drop my tanks, and then  drop on him, instead of BnZ him I chopped all throttle, hard rudder to stay slow, he assumes I am staying fast. he pulls up I stay on him,I give out a short burst of my cannons, his right wing comes off.

and <S> you Black70

No offense Ink, but I found your phraseology here a bit amusing...

Translation, you flew the Hurri exactly to its strength and managed your E in such a way that the inferior turning plane stood very little chance of either reversing or escaping. Nothing succeeds like success, but geez guy, you make it sound like a badge of honor that you chose to enter a turning fight while flying a superior turner.  :D
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »
I went into midwar last night, Cap, looking for ya, took up my Hurri2c, with 50% and drops, there was only 35 peeps in there, so I fly towards a red dar,  as I'm getting near the base I see a lower spit, so I drop my tanks, and then  drop on him, instead of BnZ him I chopped all throttle, hard rudder to stay slow, he assumes I am staying fast. he pulls up I stay on him,I give out a short burst of my cannons, his right wing comes off. so I wep up start to climb,  I look towards the nme base, he is rolling, I don't jump on him, I let him grab some ALt, at this point I bank my hurri to follow along side of him while he is grabbing ALT, we are about 5 k apart, I asked on open channel if he was ready, he says no, I look over at him and he is heading strait at me LOL, so I drop my nose to gain some speed, he tries to rope me I follow just enough to take a shot, miss, I roll back over, to make him think I am slow, he comes back down fast, I stay out in front of him so he can see my 6, he takes his shot misses, as he fires I pull strait up using hard rudder to avoid his shots, he passes me I roll inverted to see what he does, he banks hard right, I roll again so I am level, pull up again go inverted watching him, he is still trying to get up to me, I pull down on top of him, using hard rudder I get a gun solution, another quick burst takes off his wing.
 I <S> him, no responce on open channel, but he PM me and says " let me get a little more ALT"  :lol
   I type back something like "lol are serious I gave you like 7 k, then YOU engaged"  so now I am headed back to my base low on fuel, at first I thought this guy was gonna be a jerk on pm, but he wasn't, so we started to type back and forth about the fight, and about the Hurri, I am back in the air headed towards his field again, I get to about 7k(?) typing back a response hit enter then look to my left, and low and behold a spitfire less than 1k away heading strait at my 9 o'clock, I instantly roll to my left and pull a split S, but not quite, I try to always go to the side that the NME has to red out to follow, as he tries to compensate for my dive he rolls heavy to his right, I again roll in his opposite direction, as we pass each other he takes his shot misses, I pull strait up, he tries to follow, I go inverted and pull a scissors on him, I think on the second pass I pull a gun solution and blasted him through his canopy, this time he explodes.  I <S> him he <S> me back.
   there was no one else around, it wa fun, but I am so used to flying in the MAs that I was still looking around for other NMEs the whole time :lol  
    I think if I fly the MIDwar arenas to much, I will lose my SA, it just was not enough action, so I went back to LW arenas, and promply found a huge darbar, and went into heavy action, where I got killed repeatedly but also racked up a few killz.
 ether way I think this game rocks and <S> all you who fly with Honor. 

and <S> you Black70
I GOT on late last night...bout 11ish. i won't be on tonight, as i won't be home till 1230 or 130 or so. tomorrow night i hope to be on though.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »

Translation, you flew the Hurri exactly to its strength and managed your E in such a way that the inferior turning plane stood very little chance of either reversing or escaping. Nothing succeeds like success, but geez guy, you make it sound like a badge of honor that you chose to enter a turning fight while flying a superior turner.  :D

I agree, I know Black70 and he will scrap with anyone. He flys that Spit too much in my opinion. I don't engage Hurri's 1vs1 unless I'm in a Zero and I hardly ever fly Zeros anymore So be glad it wasn't me cause I would have just shadowed you until you headed for home low on fuel and B&Zed ya . My opinion is Hurri's are at a disadvantage in MW. Just about the entire plane set is faster than the Hurri and are able to dictate the fight. Also there isn't the furballs here like in LW giving a Hurri the chance to pick someone outta the crowd.Turn fighting with Hurri's especially in the hands of a good Hurri stick isn't my idea of flying smart. I don't know you and suspect that your a capable Hurri pilot. But I'm sure you would have had a few choice words if it were me there instead of Black70 . <S>

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2008, 02:02:39 PM »

of course, is this not what your sapposed to do? if he was not a noob, he would have done things differantly, and in that case I would have done things differantly.
 I wrote that up thinking about skytigers AAR? never wrote a full fight up before, wanted to try my hand at it.

and no I dont think it as a "badge of Honor", I hope that he learned something in that fight.

if I wanted to give my self a "badge of Honor" I would write up about the time I out flew a spit in a turn fight OTD, with a 152.

I <S> those who fly with honor, because I see way too many peeps who have no clue what honor means in AH, and yes there is Honor in a Game.
I try very hard to fly with Honor and respect to those who fly AH, even if they dont deserve it.

so <S> Bnzs, if we ever meet in the air,(pretty sure we allready have) you know I will not HO you in my HOacaine, I will not jump on you if you are ingaged already (unless a friendly askes me too), I certainly will not Vulch ya, and I will never "run away" because you have the advantage, or numbers.

I GOT on late last night...bout 11ish. i won't be on tonight, as i won't be home till 1230 or 130 or so. tomorrow night i hope to be on though.....

I am looking forward to it Cap   <S>

I agree, I know Black70 and he will scrap with anyone. He flys that Spit too much in my opinion. I don't engage Hurri's 1vs1 unless I'm in a Zero and I hardly ever fly Zeros anymore So be glad it wasn't me cause I would have just shadowed you until you headed for home low on fuel and B&Zed ya . My opinion is Hurri's are at a disadvantage in MW. Just about the entire plane set is faster than the Hurri and are able to dictate the fight. Also there isn't the furballs here like in LW giving a Hurri the chance to pick someone outta the crowd.Turn fighting with Hurri's especially in the hands of a good Hurri stick isn't my idea of flying smart. I don't know you and suspect that your a capable Hurri pilot. But I'm sure you would have had a few choice words if it were me there instead of Black70 . <S>

if it was you or ANYONE else, win or loose I would give you a <S> even if you did BNZ me to death, which is not very easy, I would not say any thing bad to you, or about your flying style.
I love fighting all commers, all planes, all situations. 
 live or die, they got nice new shiney planes in the hanger :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:09:47 PM by ink »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
<S> Ink, you know I didn't mean anything by it.

BTW, THIS is a "boom and zoom" attack. Not a HO pass followed by an extension to the horizon repeated ad nauseum.

I will never "run away" because you have the advantage, or numbers.

Well of course you won't, you're in a freakin' Slow-i-cane!  :D

Seriously though, why not? The whole reason fighters with higher and higher top speeds were developed was to give pilots the ability to choose when to fight or when NOT to fight. If the extending option is off the tables, well, they would have kept building Hurricanes.

The bad part would be running when is still a reasonable chance of getting a kill and getting away with a whole hide.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:27:07 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »
<S> Ink, you know I didn't mean anything by it.

BTW, THIS is a "boom and zoom" attack. Not a HO pass followed by an extension to the horizon repeated ad nauseum.

(Image removed from quote.)

I will never "run away" because you have the advantage, or numbers.

No offence was taken Bnzs. <S>

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2008, 02:39:03 PM »
Not saying that it 's easy to B&Z a Hurri. Alot of Hurri drivers have a tendacy to fly a bit to far, at least in MW. It's required sometimes to find a fight. But most (not saying you) get tired of dodging the B&Z and then either run outta gas or make a mistake outta frustration. Again no refrence to you . I don't consider Black70 a noob. He likes to scrap and does make alot of mistakes doing so. I don't think he really cares if he does. He is in NB's squad and in my opinion NB is a excellent stick, near the top . He unlike Black70 flies the complete plane set well and he also is not afraid to scrap.I know he has taught Black some ACM. I however do not see many mistakes from him. The combination of turn fighting ability and it's deadly cannons make the Hurri a very dangerous plane but it does have it's limitations like most planes. The Hurri's just happen to be poor fuel consumption and low top speed. When I use that against them alot start whinning about not turn fighting with them and calling me weak for running them outta gas.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »
Not saying that it 's easy to B&Z a Hurri. Alot of Hurri drivers have a tendacy to fly a bit to far, at least in MW. It's required sometimes to find a fight. But most (not saying you) get tired of dodging the B&Z and then either run outta gas or make a mistake outta frustration. Again no refrence to you . I don't consider Black70 a noob. He likes to scrap and does make alot of mistakes doing so. I don't think he really cares if he does. He is in NB's squad and in my opinion NB is a excellent stick, near the top . He unlike Black70 flies the complete plane set well and he also is not afraid to scrap.I know he has taught Black some ACM. I however do not see many mistakes from him. The combination of turn fighting ability and it's deadly cannons make the Hurri a very dangerous plane but it does have it's limitations like most planes. The Hurri's just happen to be poor fuel consumption and low top speed. When I use that against them alot start whinning about not turn fighting with them and calling me weak for running them outta gas.

heh......

with the exception of the hellkitty, the p38 is the first airplane i've flown in here that gives me an option to bravely run away.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »

ya I hear ya, there is way to much whinning about how others fly.

I fly the Hurri because its the best TnBer, IMO, and I fly solo most of the time, and I fight the hourd, I have flown all the other planes, but I do my best in the hurri, my aim seems better in the hurri, and when I do hit, it usally ends up there in the tower except those Jugs, and f4s they are tough birds that can take a beating.

I have very seldom had issues with the hurris fuel rate, I most often run out of ammo long before my fuel is gone.

I dont know if black is a noob or not, probably should not have called him that, he fought with honor, but did not use his plane the way it should have been. so I assumed... you know what they say about that right...

<S>

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »

actually, though, that IS something to be lauded.

how many people(me included) do you know, that seem ti INSIST on flying their cartoon airplane in a way not condusive to winning a fight?  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"