Author Topic: what is more annoying?  (Read 1197 times)

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
Re: what is more annoying?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 12:33:12 PM »
All of the above :salute

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
#1.  I've stopped upping to follow BUFFS....they've already dropped ords.  If they have a good gunner, they'll stay.. bad for business.  If they're bad, they'll just bail.  Bad for business.  

If you want to complain about something BUFF related, complain about getting hit and downed at 1.5K and higher by a laser guided .50 cal round.  It's a travesty that there's people hitting and killing fighter aircraft this far out.  The maximum effective range for bomber gunners in World War 2 was right around 500-600 yards.  I'm routinely getting hit at TRIPLE that range on Aces High these days.  I've taken to upping a B25 for BUFF intercept missions now.... sit at 2K and hit em with the 75mm HE.

#2.  Simple fix.  Don't bomb or attack a GV on pavement.  Hit their hangars instead.  It's not all about kills you know.

#3.  Mustang tards have been irritating me with this same tactic for awhile.  At least it is a tactic, however annoying it may be.  The thing that really gets under my skin are the people you find off by themselves that won't engage in a one on one.  The other day I run into a bogey that has 9K on me, and we're 2 sectors away from any bases or fights.  He takes two passes BnZ....blows his E, then leaves.  I mean, if you have absolutely no interest in learning and/or having any fun, by all means, continue to do this.  It's pointless, as the only kills you will get are those clueless individuals that just run in a straight line for you.  I ended up chasing this particular pilot for no more than 8 sectors, just because I had a KI84 with alot of fuel.  He continued to look for only low alt cons he could dive on.... and miss...repeatedly.  I got the kill when he ran out of fuel and ditched (i had sprinkled him with MG rounds on one occasion).

I'm sure we all remember those first few incredible fights we had with someone one on one, that started at 12 K and spiralled down to a treetop stall fight.  I mean, this IS a  game, and you don't get better at it by refusing to engage one on one.  Cowardly play will get you nowhere near the same enjoyment of this prduct as well timed aggression.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:12:44 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »
double post
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:11:52 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 12:58:03 PM »

#3 is just tactics. Thats what the pony is made for

Fud "Gerd"

So your saying that the P-51 is a one trick pony?

I've fought against a few guys in ponies who would probably voice a different opinion.

I've seen guys turn fight the hell out of those things.

Running is only one choice of many tactics that are available to 51 pilots.

Unfortunatly it seems to be the only tactic you see the majority use.

Its not only a shame to waste the planes available talents, but extremely annoying as well.

I find myself not playing the game as much anymore,because I'm tired of having to climb to 15k+ to be co- alt with the ever present pick and run ponies.

Its tough to get in a low to med. alt fight while all the while trying to avoid a barrage of 51 punks going for the easy kill.

And God forbid the 51 pilot should happen to see anyone co-alt with him, because then its just HO, run and climb,run and climb or just dive and run.

As much as I despise the P-51, I have to keep reminding myself, its not the plane, its the pilot.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 12:58:14 PM »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
All three are annoying and in that order.

I hate 190's too Btw. They Climb up, get some speed, dive in for the head on hit or miss and run away. No matter what alt they are at, once you get near them they always dive for the deck. If you get close enough to them they'll start stirring that stick up. I just hate em    :mad:   :lol

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »

So your saying that the P-51 is a one trick pony?

I've fought against a few guys in ponies who would probably voice a different opinion.

I've seen guys turn fight the hell out of those things.

Running is only one choice of many tactics that are available to 51 pilots.

Unfortunatly it seems to be the only tactic you see the majority use.

Its not only a shame to waste the planes available talents, but extremely annoying as well.

I find myself not playing the game as much anymore,because I'm tired of having to climb to 15k+ to be co- alt with the ever present pick and run ponies.

Its tough to get in a low to med. alt fight while all the while trying to avoid a barrage of 51 punks going for the easy kill.

And God forbid the 51 pilot should happen to see anyone co-alt with him, because then its just HO, run and climb,run and climb or just dive and run.

As much as I despise the P-51, I have to keep reminding myself, its not the plane, its the pilot.

I completly agree. a squaddie of mine nailed it when he said ponies are alot of fun to fight, but its the lamest thing to chase.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 02:15:45 PM »
I completly agree. a squaddie of mine nailed it when he said ponies are alot of fun to fight, but its the lamest thing to chase.
Lamer than La-7's, 190D-9's, 109K-4's, and Typhoons?  Hmm me thinks you're just sour grapes because you've been killed one two many times by a Mustang while you're probably flying a Spit XVI.

I'll tell what's even more lame and skill-less, guys in Spit XVI's not knowing how to turn their advantage in a Spit to a killing shot on a Mustang who's faster.  It doesn't matter that you can reverse' em.  That doesn't take any skill.  What matters is reversing them in a manner that doesn't let them get away.  Quit whining that the Mustang driver has no skills when it's the angle pilot's lack of skill in not being able to kill something faster than it.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »
Lamer than La-7's, 190D-9's, 109K-4's, and Typhoons?  Hmm me thinks you're just sour grapes because you've been killed one two many times by a Mustang while you're probably flying a Spit XVI.

I'll tell what's even more lame and skill-less, guys in Spit XVI's not knowing how to turn their advantage in a Spit to a killing shot on a Mustang who's faster.  It doesn't matter that you can reverse' em.  That doesn't take any skill.  What matters is reversing them in a manner that doesn't let them get away.  Quit whining that the Mustang driver has no skills when it's the angle pilot's lack of skill in not being able to kill something faster than it.

Tango, XO

Almost a requirement in the game now to fly a "fast" plane, so you have a chance to catch the "extending" Punk-51s.

Have you seen the way the vast majority flys the 51 in this game? And you can still call the LA-7 a lame plane. Thats pretty funny.

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 02:28:07 PM »
take your pick:
1) bomb and bailers  2) ditching gvs on concrete when they hear your bombs or 3) that pony that kept trying to pick you and once you reverse him, he runs all the way home.

none of the above.

the guys that sink the fighter hangers, and drop the CV's, destroying a good furball.  :D :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »

Almost a requirement in the game now to fly a "fast" plane, so you have a chance to catch the "extending" Punk-51s.

Have you seen the way the vast majority flys the 51 in this game? And you can still call the LA-7 a lame plane. Thats pretty funny.

i've kind of never flown the fast planes.......and got used to the guys that won't fight me when i'm in a zeek, hoicane, or spit. i'm used to them extending away, and expect it...i would too.
 what DID surprise me though, was the last time i was on, i had 109's, and 190's that wouldn't engage me in my 38G, and p47's that readily did engage me.
 i wish i could remember his name, 'cause thatr one jug driver was friggin incredible the way he maneuvered that beast.....at low speed too.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 02:39:47 PM »

LOL - have you seen the vast majority of Spit dweebs and their ilk fliy in this game???  If you're having to fly a fast plane to catch an extending P-51 then that means you're even more skill-less because you have no idea how to kill a faster plane with a better turner.  Anybody can turn a Spit XVI tighter than  P-51 to force an overshoot.  That takes no skill.  What takes skill is to fly the Spit in a way to actually kill the faster plane.

Tango, XO
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
LOL - have you seen the vast majority of Spit dweebs and their ilk fliy in this game???  If you're having to fly a fast plane to catch an extending P-51 then that means you're even more skill-less because you have no idea how to kill a faster plane with a better turner.  Anybody can turn a Spit XVI tighter than  P-51 to force an overshoot.  That takes no skill.  What takes skill is to fly the Spit in a way to actually kill the faster plane.

Tango, XO

Please enlighten me on how someone would catch an "extending" punkstang without a "fast" plane.

How do you "fight" against a plane that is running away from you?

And though the Spit is sometimes thought to be a skill less plane, it pales in comparison to the way the  Pony is flown.

At least when I see a Spit, I know there is a real good chance that I'm in for a fight.

However for the most part, when I see a P-51, I know I'll probably end up chasing him for at least a sector or two.

I'll say it again--the old cliche--its the pilot not the plane.

There are quite a few guys in here that can make both the Stang and the Spit "dance", but the majority of people fly them in easy mode.

They don't challenge the planes they are flying, or themselves.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
Lamer than La-7's, 190D-9's, 109K-4's, and Typhoons?  Hmm me thinks you're just sour grapes because you've been killed one two many times by a Mustang while you're probably flying a Spit XVI.I'll tell what's even more lame and skill-less, guys in Spit XVI's not knowing how to turn their advantage in a Spit to a killing shot on a Mustang who's faster.  It doesn't matter that you can reverse' em.  That doesn't take any skill.  What matters is reversing them in a manner that doesn't let them get away.  Quit whining that the Mustang driver has no skills when it's the angle pilot's lack of skill in not being able to kill something faster than it.Tango, XO412th FS Braunco Mustangs
nope..Im spending more and more time being engaged by 16s than being in one. and I honestly cant even remember the last time flying one. I have no gripes being shot down by one but what Im seeing more often now is 1) the 18k pony diving in to a 3k furball, making a few passes, missing and at one hint of being in trouble, run all the way home or 2) the pony that flew 2 sectors to get to your base, but once they see your co-alt with them..they dive straight to the deck all the way back home. just stay and fight people...you get unlimited sorties for the low price of $14.95 a month..not per sortie

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »

Please enlighten me on how someone would catch an "extending" punkstang without a "fast" plane.

How do you "fight" against a plane that is running away from you?

And though the Spit is sometimes thought to be a skill less plane, it pales in comparison to the way the  Pony is flown.

At least when I see a Spit, I know there is a real good chance that I'm in for a fight.

However for the most part, when I see a P-51, I know I'll probably end up chasing him for at least a sector or two.

I'll say it again--the old cliche--its the pilot not the plane.

There are quite a few guys in here that can make both the Stang and the Spit "dance", but the majority of people fly them in easy mode.

They don't challenge the planes they are flying, or themselves.

Couldnt of said it any better :aok :aok