Author Topic: what is more annoying?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
what is more annoying?
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:35:35 AM »
take your pick:
1) bomb and bailers  2) ditching gvs on concrete when they hear your bombs or 3) that pony that kept trying to pick you and once you reverse him, he runs all the way home.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: what is more annoying?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »

#3 is just tactics. Thats what the pony is made for

Fud "Gerd"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 10:55:02 AM »
#1 and only #1

I have no particular problem with anyone using his plane's advantage to prevent me from shooting him down. I may be upset that I don't get my kill, but that is only momentarily.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »
#1 and #3, my distaste for the bomb and bail crowd is pretty self explanatory.  The boom and run P-51 mentality (or 190D, or Typhoon, etc.) is a developmental dead end, it becomes a self fulfilling series of actions.  A player cannot get better to the point where they can win the engagement if the first pass fails if they do not press the fight any further.  And that annoys me because it doesn't make for very good game play for the community at large IMHO.

*edit* reread the OP and I misread the scenario, I thought he was describing the "one pass, haul ***" that is a bit of a pet peeve of mine lately.  I'll have to mull #3 over a bit.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:13:10 AM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »
1 and 3 are my most hated.

bomb and bail for obvious reasons, gamey and I hate it that I have upped to get to the fight only to have him bail out so he can get new ones and I waste my sortie. I guess you could call this more disappointment on my part than annoying.

the running pony because it seems that they would be just as happy running me out of gas than to actually fiight me because you know the moment you turn back he is coming back for another hot pass with the same running to follow. I have no problem fighting someone who comes in with advantage and keeps his speed up to press the fight but the running for home or until I turn is also disappointing.

but hey I can't control what others deem as fun, so I take my death or wasted sortie and take off from a different base and head for a different fight and stay away from such activities the best I can.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 11:18:08 AM »
#1 is annoying, but #3 bothers me the most, mainly because I know the 51 driver actually thinks hes doing a good job..

I had a situation like that the other day.. me, and a lone 51.. he was above me at about 18, I was in a jug at around 15.. he saw me started closing, so I turned into him..  sure enough he starts blasting away HO from about 1.5 out, I dive under it and start to turn around.. and.. he just keeps going..  at about 4.5 out I start to turn around to move on to bigger less retarded things..  nope.. here he comes again.. over and over this scenario played out..   till he followed me all the way to my base where he go picked by a high friendly over the base..

wasted my fuel, and my time.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 11:18:39 AM »
190Ds piss me off. :furious

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
take your pick:
1) bomb and bailers  2) ditching gvs on concrete when they hear your bombs or 3) that pony that kept trying to pick you and once you reverse him, he runs all the way home.
1.) I don't hunt bombers that often, but it does annoy me
2.) I was in LW protecting a base from GVs in an A20, I dropped 2 bombs on a guy and both times he towered out, thus me not getting the kill. From there on out I strafed him before dropping a bomb, ensuring I get the kill. Then I got shot from 1K away when I was gaining alt, from a Wirble that spawned on top of the mountain on trinity.
3.) Get it a lot. I hate the fact when you chase someone and he is pulling away slowly, so you break off and head home. 2 minutes later you see the same guy 2K off your six, he waited for you to break off so he could get your six.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 11:21:05 AM »
take your pick:

I actually seen a thread in the wishlist that goes along the lines of 1.  But 3 is my choice.

How many times to you see a 47, 51, 38, screaming over your base drops ords or dar and bails,,,  same difference, doesnt have to be a Bomber that bails, you see it all the time with fighters too, probabley more often.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:26:19 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 11:23:55 AM »
#1 is annoying, but #3 bothers me the most, mainly because I know the 51 driver actually thinks hes doing a good job..

I had a situation like that the other day.. me, and a lone 51.. he was above me at about 18, I was in a jug at around 15.. he saw me started closing, so I turned into him..  sure enough he starts blasting away HO from about 1.5 out, I dive under it and start to turn around.. and.. he just keeps going..  at about 4.5 out I start to turn around to move on to bigger less retarded things..  nope.. here he comes again.. over and over this scenario played out..   till he followed me all the way to my base where he go picked by a high friendly over the base..

wasted my fuel, and my time.

don't sweat the fuel thing. it's all ya can burn, for the low, and VERY reasonable price of only $14.95 a month.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 11:41:22 AM »
3.) Get it a lot. I hate the fact when you chase someone and he is pulling away slowly, so you break off and head home. 2 minutes later you see the same guy 2K off your six, he waited for you to break off so he could get your six.

This tactic must be in some part of the manual that I dont know about because I see this alot lately. somehow this can go on for hours if you let it. it just cracks me up with all the confidence they have when theyre at the advantage, but run like a schoolgirl who just seen a spider when you start to engage them.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
This tactic must be in some part of the manual that I dont know about because I see this alot lately. somehow this can go on for hours if you let it. it just cracks me up with all the confidence they have when theyre at the advantage, but run like a schoolgirl who just seen a spider when you start to engage them.
Pretty much. It's rinse and repeat basically. You break off, they turn around and chase you. you turn around and merge, they run home. you break off, etc etc.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Coog03

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
#4 clueless Typh pilots
VF41 Red Rippers
368th Thunder Bums
Killuminati

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
#1 only.

#2 is easily defeated if you bomb the gv hangars first.

#3 is easily defeated if you fly a fast aircraft, e.g. 190D-9, La-7, 109K-4, Typhoon.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 12:12:46 PM »
Yep #1 :salute
Lighten up Francis