Author Topic: HTC Step up a bit  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: HTC Step up a bit
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 11:00:41 PM »
I was thinking damage model in general, GVS and planes are plagued with the same disease. That was not the main point of my post anyway, we just need more info ! A devblog would be nice, a bit like this one : http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp (you may have to be logged to see it)
Skuzzy has said that a Devblog is just a waste of time that they could use programming, and that's why they don't have one.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 11:37:19 PM »
Finally someone said the truth, and masherbrum you hear "Wailing" because you really have nothing to say and are defending HTC, i mean i got nothing against them, but still. noir said it all,
and here is a... something

purple arena: 15/150
green arena:23/200
Orange arena:360/400
Blue arena 260/300
take away about 26 two weekers in total

they make about 20k a year give or take sell a couple  millions of copies of AHII over time, for about 45 dollars maybe a couple thousand a week, some chimericals and you got more people paying for the game

Point out where I "defended HTC"?    Please, enlighten me.   I hold no bias.     You act like they sit around all day doing nothing.   What do you want?

I know.

"News, Announcements Thread"

Sunday - Skuzzy woke up and downed a shot of Jack Daniels before working on Server issues.
Monday - Dale thought it funny to spill Cragganmore all over Pyro's desk in retaliation for putting a fart cushion on his chair.
Tuesday - Waffle wakes up and is out of Aunt Jemima Syrup and launches a bottle of Log Cabin, narrowly missing his Stuka model.
Wednesday - Pyro decides to hide Dale's "thought to be Super Secret Stash of Cragganmore" and replaces it with diluted Apple Juice (to color).

Thursday - Skuzzy accidentally deletes a file and crashes the Server.   Upon doing a pirouette in the server room, his "gunboats" yank out the server cord, crashing the Arenas.   The prior causes the Community to post multiple threads on the same topic.   Which in turn, causes time away from Development to lock and consolidate threads.   

Friday - Everyone forgoes development and holds a Paper Football Tournament.   Dale wins "because he can".

Saturday - Nothing posted.

Now, I will say this.   They WERE developing CT and decided to shelve it.   You think at the flip of a switch you can just "get on the path"?   No, it takes time.   Trinity was just released for AH2, so that is an indication that other things are SOON TO FOLLOW.

But, that isn't good enough for some folks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:43:13 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »
well maybe when i get stuck to the game and get to platinum i can answer that, and you cant learn much when everyone does the same. what have you contributed to the game, besides almost 10,000 posts?

Wow.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 11:50:11 PM »
To quote a sage individual....."you can't fix stupid.". :rolleyes:

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 11:59:05 PM »
P1tiger  first off the game is free, free to download, free to play offline, including the new offline missions, including the offline mission editor, and terrain editor. Thats always been the way it is, and frankly 90% or more of us like it that way. It ain't broke, don't fix it.

You pay 14.95$ a month for arena access, and thats a bargain.
I started out flying flight sims at 2$ an hour with a 5 hour minimum.

Hitech broke all that with his flat rate pricing. He's saved some people if not millions at least thousands and thousands of dollars since 2000.

The reason he is able to do it, he keeps his shop close and tight, no extra overhead, no fat, no waste.
That means a slightly longer wait at times. Thats ok, there is nothing else out there that can stand toe to toe with Aces High. He's the king of his niche and and his and his crew are DANG good at what they do.

So enough with the now already generation, shut up and fly.
Leave HT and company in peace, when they have something to say, they'll say it.
Don't like the way its done, fine, vote with your feet. Frankly I'd just as soon not have to put up with your type anyway, so the door is that way. Your choice.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2008, 12:10:06 AM »

Friday - Everyone forgoes development and holds a Paper Football Tournament.   Dale wins "because he can".

That's sig material Karaya, hilarious!
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2008, 12:52:52 AM »
You act like they sit around all day doing nothing. 

Yes, thats the feeling I when I look at the game and the announcements.

Skuzzy has said that a Devblog is just a waste of time that they could use programming, and that's why they don't have one.

Programming what ? a beta score page ? cmon they could use 5% of their programming time to keep the customers happy...

I made a friend from another game try AH about 2 years ago...he liked it but not enough to subscribe (lack of content and immersion). A few days ago we talked about it and he asked "Is that game still the same ?" while laughing. All I could do is to admit it didn't change much, and weirdly I felt embarrassed.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 12:54:43 AM »
Chances are, HTC works just a little bit at a time on whatever they need to get done. Your next plane is probably worked on very hard for longer than they've announced it to be there.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 12:55:24 AM »
That's sig material Karaya, hilarious!

Go for it bud.    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 03:45:48 AM »
Erm... $30,000 a year before utilities, taxes, and everything... is NOT that much at ALL.

Hell, $30,000 per person STILL isn't that much.

Not sure why this argument is still happening, anyone in there right mind should be able to see that 6 people who have lives of their own are not going to be putting out new content every 2 weeks... :huh
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »
well maybe when i get stuck to the game and get to platinum i can answer that, and you cant learn much when everyone does the same. what have you contributed to the game, besides almost 10,000 posts?
You have just reached the not worth the time status with this post. 

Insulting one of the most amiable people in game and the bbs? Start a shade now numpty.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 08:58:32 AM »
Think this works aptly for a couple in this thread.

Some days darts get under my skin. especially when some people are "Stuck on stupid." or my version "Clueless dolts."
HiTech

You know who you are.
See Rule #4

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »
Funny how I been around since tour 25 and I still play without being embarassed about it.  I think its alot of fun.  Some of U need to look around instead of whats right in front of your face.  U might see more.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »
I agree, but understand that P1Tiger is coming off as a "selfish" person by his posts.   

Yeah Karaya I agree, I think he was a but harsh aswell
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Rosscoe1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2008, 10:21:13 AM »
Exactly what i was getting ready to post, And usuially a few weeks before a plane/tank is released they put out screen shots of it.
In game name: 613Rosco
613th SOS Pariah
Been on Aces High for 3 years now.
Disclaimer on posts: Most will be pointless disregard if you wish.