Author Topic: Bar dar  (Read 4840 times)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Bar dar
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 11:02:25 PM »
The way i see it. If a compromise is not found, big maps will go away.....again.
Or the return of the base chained base capture system....which I liked.
Just add a third LWA. 

<runs and hides>
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 01:28:12 AM »
The base is still there... take it.
ZOMG I r forcing joo to fight peoplzez...In an MMO.. the humanity.......the horror...

Ohh and BTW HT has stated the game is about the fight. Base taking is just a tool to get people to fight.

have fun with that little tid bit. :aok

Edit: I'm not forcing you to fight my fight. I would however like you to fight period.  :aok

Bronk from the offical AHII web site on the objective of the game, can you tell me where it says that the dogfight is the objective: "Capturing territory through the use of air, land and sea power is the objective in Aces High II.   The arena terrain is divided into three countries (Bishop, Knight, and Rook), with each country starting with an equal number of fields, towns, cities, task groups, and a single headquarters for each country.  All countries have an equal amount of territory at the beginning of a war.   
The map is broken up into zones, with each zone having a master field.  The master field controls the ownership of the factories which supply all other fields in the zone. 

When a master field is captured, the factories will supply all fields in the zone owned by the capturing country.  Each country has a primary zone which contains the country HQ, and this zone cannot be captured.

Territory is gained by capturing a field.  A field consists of an airfield, vehicle field, or port and an adjacent town.  The town is normally situated 2-3 miles from the field or port and contains the strategic map room for the entire field.   
All buildings in the town must be destroyed before attempting to capture the field.  Destroyed town buildings will stay down for approximately 45 minutes (this variable can be adjusted), during which time 10 troops must be delivered to the map room via one of the troop carriers to capture the field.  After the tenth troop safely makes it into the map room, a system message will appear in the message buffer announcing the captured field number and the capturing country."

If you are so interested in the pure fight, why are you ever in any arena except the DA?  Isn't the purpose of the DA to provide an arena where furballers can dogfight all day long, the fight is always available 24/7/365.  Your radar is 100 percent you can see where every aircraft is at all times.
"
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 01:31:03 AM »
Traveler, these guys have the mindset the game was made solely for them.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 02:53:04 AM »
moin

to be snacky, to be a fighter, to be a bomber, to be a gver........thats all a part of the game. why do some fitherpilots do not understand that the game is so much more than an endles furball.
btw a attacked base is blinking if you come into the 12 milie circle, noe or not  ;).

cu chris3

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 05:30:39 AM »
There was, and still is, a "minimum altitude" for most radar systems.  This is a realistic part of WWII, and there were several airbase attacks conducted by the Germans late in the war (when they got desperate) that were "NOE."  You think the term nap of the earth came from AH...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nap-of-the-earth

There is nothing unbalancing about NOE raids, any well organized attack, whether it be at 20k, or 100 feet, is going to be effective.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 10:08:08 AM »
Snipped for brevity..

Read my sig on what the game is about.....
Combat ...not avoiding it by horde monkey noe. See anax repost of HT.

Take all the bases you like...just have actual combat over em.

See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »
There was, and still is, a "minimum altitude" for most radar systems.  This is a realistic part of WWII, and there were several airbase attacks conducted by the Germans late in the war (when they got desperate) that were "NOE."  You think the term nap of the earth came from AH...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nap-of-the-earth

There is nothing unbalancing about NOE raids, any well organized attack, whether it be at 20k, or 100 feet, is going to be effective.
Please don't bring realism into it...again. The concessions to promote game play are multiple. 
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
The problem with NOEs is if they are well run they are VERY hard to defend against. There is a quote by HT around about NOEs being defensible only if your sitting in the tower waiting for them. This is why they are becoming the "Mission of the day" for most squads. Easy to run, less chance you run into a real fight and so on. If things continue we will loose the big maps..... again, maybe they will add more auto-ack guns in the fields and towns.... again, and so on.

The OP posted a solution... lets flesh it out a bit.... Lower the radar to 100' above ground level, enable dar bar for 7 or more aircraft below radar. This way small groups can still run NOEs...which is what an NOE really is anyway.... and it will make it easier to spot large groups curbing the tendency of large squads trying to avoid a fight. Sounds like a good idea to me.....

.....or we could wait for one of Hi-tech's diabolical fixes  :devil

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 10:39:16 AM »
I've got no problem with reducing NOE alt under maybe 250' instead of 500'.   100' is a little hairy if your not flying over level terrain, particuarly with ords.

As for numbers, I wouldn't mind some sort of indicator of a large NOE strike coming in.  Say 10 planes or more would give an indication of some sort.  The fun NOE strikes which I don't want to see lost are the small 5-8 man well-run squad raids, not the mobs.  However, as I've stated plenty of times at this point -- elminating NOE entirely would detract from the game.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »
Spoken like an NOEer.

:noid

Nope,  you got this one wrong Bronk.  It is spoken like someone who regularly spots NOE'ers and fights them.  So let's watch the labeling until you know where I am coming from and what I am about Sir.  Just ask the more famous NOE types/squads and see if I show up a lot at their target.  Hell, last night I had a countryman ask me "You're not gonna kill them all are you?"  Look, I sympathize with your position, but do not feel that it is that difficult to find and intercept those that do not prefer outright battle.  The current system functions fine.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 10:40:02 AM »

.....or we could wait for one of Hi-tech's diabolical fixes  :devil

I am all for it. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 10:46:21 AM »
Nope,  you got this one wrong Bronk.  It is spoken like someone who regularly spots NOE'ers and fights them.  So let's watch the labeling until you know where I am coming from and what I am about Sir.  Just ask the more famous NOE types/squads and see if I show up a lot at their target.  Hell, last night I had a countryman ask me "You're not gonna kill them all are you?"  Look, I sympathize with your position, but do not feel that it is that difficult to find and intercept those that do not prefer outright battle.  The current system functions fine.
When you have multi winged mega squads going in one NOE...the system is broken. A handful of uppers can do nothing.
As fugitive alluded to..NOE should be limited to a small strike force. Not 32 people or more.
I'm definitely thinking he is on to it with the 7-10 strikers. Before bar dar pops.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 10:49:59 AM »
Is that map supposed to indicate an order in which bases have to be captured?  Can you imagine the improved fights we would have if that were imposed?  There would be armageddon between those bases that were next in line! :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 10:58:38 AM »
Setting a Plane limit for DAR pop I have to chew on.  It's not a bad idea.  As far as establishing a base capture order, I would love it.  The fights would be absolutely colossal, maybe even legendary.  I like it!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »
Is that map supposed to indicate an order in which bases have to be captured?  Can you imagine the improved fights we would have if that were imposed?  There would be armageddon between those bases that were next in line! :lol
We had it I loved it...there was much whine. :aok
See Rule #4