Author Topic: midwar107 top fighter  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Re: midwar107 top fighter
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2009, 10:34:08 AM »
Never heard of him
325th Checkertails

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2009, 10:42:35 AM »
For a bbs full of people who say they don't care about score, it's funny how posts like this always soar into multiple pages. ;)
I think it is funny how incredibly dweeby and twitish people get about wanting their name on the front page.  If you don't see the humor in some tard milking the score machine in an empty arena, then just move along and dont post.  Not to mention I find great joy in outing scoretardlets that vulch second accounts, and always have!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »
No offence but from the title of this thread whats buildings got to do with it?

How do you think these dweebs get ranked #1. It's not only flying in attack mode for fighters but  porking starts and undefended bases (ie killing buildings)
in attack mode to keep their attack score resonanle in order to acheive the low rank. So mention of building killing (imo) is within the subject matter.  :salute

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 10:56:43 AM »

How do you think these dweebs get ranked #1. It's not only flying in attack mode for fighters but  porking starts and undefended bases (ie killing buildings)
in attack mode to keep their attack score resonanle in order to acheive the low rank. So mention of building killing (imo) is within the subject matter.  :salute

Lynx reffered you to the title of the thread which is "top Fighter" so attack scores are not included in that portion so it is  not within subject matter :salute

Offline antler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
 :furious :furiousWhat i was trying to relate was if a pilot was innocent of second account :angel: isn t there something wrong with the scoring system ?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »
For a bbs full of people who say they don't care about score, it's funny how posts like this always soar into multiple pages. ;)

People keep saying that ... but never read or understand ... it's not a question of caring about "score" directly, it has more to do with caring about a fair and level playing field from an overall game standpoint ... which is paramount for any game to survive ... for the "long run".

I too am one who could give a rats arse about score, but if I were to change my thinking and decide to see if I could get to #1 ... I would want to feel secure that my efforts and what those efforts entailed, were the same type of effort required for any and all who are trying for #1.

Because of this "crap" that people pull to achieve rank is basically why those of who could care less ... do case less ... we know it's not fair and balanced.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
I understand your point and where you're coming from.  But how easy would it be for HTC to make a fix that would prevent this "crap?"  Very easy.  Something like a minimum sortie / flight time requirement could be added tomorrow.

For my part, I'll admit that I like looking at stats.  My k/t is usually my weakest stat, so I use the stats as a benchmark to see if I can improve it (without vulching). :aok
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:23:49 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »
when it comes right down to it I think we all look at stats and score, but some of us know that they only matter when compared to your own stats, because we don't necessarily follow  a person around and can say with absolute that he /she flies this or that way.
  score definitely does not show "ability" I am never "scored" below 2,000 yet I kill high ranked players every time I fly, and most of them are very easy to kill 1vs1.

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2009, 12:00:53 PM »
Lynx reffered you to the title of the thread which is "top Fighter" so attack scores are not included in that portion so it is  not within subject matter :salute

understand .... however these people do not just go for top fighter score they go for the whole thing. I am commenting on their mindset not just the fighter ranking

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »
Who said they didn't care about score? I do, at least half of me does. I care about integrity more. Like Skyrock I find it amusing. I mean it's like a 400lb man trying to hide behind a cane pole.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2009, 06:30:13 PM »

understand .... however these people do not just go for top fighter score they go for the whole thing. I am commenting on their mindset not just the fighter ranking

not me    :D
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »
Lynx referred you to the title of the thread which is "top Fighter" so attack scores are not included in that portion so it is  not within subject matter :salute

Xbrit !
I think TOP FIGHTER has lots to do with attack mode Sir.
The top ranking players will make one good run in FIGHTER MODE at the beginning of tour.
Then they DARE NOT to fly again in FIGHTER MODE ! They stay in ATTACK mode till the end of tour. This way they don't RISK hurting  their FIGHTER score...

I think that's the way it works.... :lol
Many times when you encounter these players(flying in attack mode of course), you see they lack of fighter skills but do manage to be #1 fighters.... :rofl

What a joke  :rofl

Phil / OPP7755

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »
when it comes right down to it I think we all look at stats and score, but some of us know that they only matter when compared to your own stats, because we don't necessarily follow  a person around and can say with absolute that he /she flies this or that way.
  score definitely does not show "ability" I am never "scored" below 2,000 yet I kill high ranked players every time I fly, and most of them are very easy to kill 1vs1.

Anyone is easy to kill in a hurri.  :aok

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »
i got 3 people in mind who Muska could be, one of em i doubt (Adonai) and 2 of em are plausible (Dextur or AXER, both took a break and told a fellow SAPPer that he used to wing with Kar a lot, someone else in  SAPP said soemthin to make me wonder if Muska could be one of em) just my thoughts
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2009, 12:21:43 AM »
Anyone is easy to kill in a hurri.  :aok

actually,  I have met some very good sticks that used there planes advantages, and never gave me that shot, a lot of times those will end in a stale mate, unless my foe is a better than average shot -cough KOSTIC cough- :salute 
 but I have to admit I like bringing her up to 12 k, she will hold her own against the best of em, once the red guy tries to knife fight with me, or goes for any short vertical  loops the cannons are just to much,
I will also say someone who truly knows there F4 can turn fight with the hurri and win.

I fly the Hurri pretty much exclusively, I want to fly nothing else for a month, and see where I bring my hit % to, what sux is its so damn slowwww, that's why I take it up high gives me that E that is so important   for the first couple engagements, but I always end up on the Deck fighting more than I can keep track of, than sitting in the tower, adrenaline pumping hands visibly shaking.

dude, we will have to wing up one of these days and jump into a major hourd, I think with the "Thatch weave"
two hurris can do some serious damage.

JETSOM