Author Topic: Plane you fear most?  (Read 6205 times)

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
Re: Plane you fear most?
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2009, 10:08:58 AM »
If you have any alt to use, a KI84 is easy to disengage from. Point your nose at the ground & haul arse. The KI controls get pretty heavy at high speeds & then they start shedding parts. Simply get a little separation & re-engage.

P38 will smack a ki84 silly with it's own chopstick, if flown correctly :aok

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »
The planes with the red icons that keep shooting at me scare me the most! :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2009, 12:26:34 PM »

I've done my best against many of the good p38 sticks in the ki84 as compared to fighting the same 38 sticks in another ride.

The ki84 if flown correctly will more than meet the challenge.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »
 Ki84s give me trouble often, but that's because most of the time I meet one it's Killnu.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »
French Airbusses scare the hell outta me now :O

LTARogue

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2009, 01:50:27 PM »
Humans would become extinct very quickly  :D

One of the scariest things I have noticed is that for jundreds of thousands of years we have found
no practical limit to human stupidity.  Just think, every day you can see someone do something and think
'That's the stupidest freaking thing I've ever seen!', yet tommorrow you know someone will top it,

Nakes you fear for the future  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »
French Airbusses scare the hell outta me now :O

LTARogue
:rofl
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2009, 01:59:01 PM »
The plane that is 200 on my six and I don't know it's there  :O
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »
Tempest, F4U4, Spit16, LA-7, Ki-84 in that order.  These are the planes that can be dangerous no matter who is flying them, and nearly unbeatable if a good stick is flying them.  The weaknesses in these planes are either marginal or very hard to exploit because of their other strengths.  I always keep track of where these planes are in a multi-plane engagement, and try to neutralize them first if I have the chance.  BTW, I am usually flying a 109 variant, so you don't see those in the list, but the K-4 should probably also be in the list except for the dismal range of the very lethal 30mm cannon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:31:19 PM by TracerX »

Offline comet61

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »
The ki84 if flown correctly will more than meet the challenge.

I am finding this to be true. My main ride is the Ki-84. Before, I wasn't sure what I was able to do with this plane until I got to the 3rd tour of flying it. I am by no means a "great stick" in it, but I can hold my own most of the time. This is a great plane once you get used to it and learn it's perks and quirks. I have noticed lately that there are a few sticks that are cautious once I engage them. These are the guys that assess the situation or capability of myself I think. After flying this plane  awhile, I fear no plane...just the pilot. I have the most difficult time with Temp/Typh's/F4U, and Hurri's. They know I can't dive without shedding parts and I am not a speed demon. I am pretty much a weekend warrior, so my score is never impressive. However, the last 3 tours I have racked up a number of kills with the Ki-84, whereas the other planes I don't achieve that much.

I have shot down Spits, La's, Yaks and Pony's, etc. But only when I can get them low and slow. If the speed bumps up and the fight is a little more horizontal, I usually don't survive too long. However, the planes I mentioned above like the Typh and F4U that have good pilots will fly circles around me, just don't let me catch you low and slow or at least slow... that will increase my chances of getting you.

On another note: the other plane/pilot I will be concerned about is another Ki-84. In the last 3 tours I didn't kill one. As a matter of fact, I was only able to bag one Ki-67. N1K's can be a challenge, but do'able. I do not (or try not) to engage bombers. I lose that fight most of the time. Ki-84's are not I would consider "bomber killers". So, bombers (B17, Lanc's, B-26, B24's) need to be approached with caution.

I also agree that the word "fear" is the wrong term. "Concerned" is a good word, but I like "wary" or "cautious" or even "leery". But not fear.
Comet61

666th Barbarians FG

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »

Not even close.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2009, 04:56:18 PM »
When I am flying a C47 it is any plane that can fly fast as me and out turn me. When I am flying a bomber it is the crazy mother f****r  that flys over my bomber and trys to bomb me asI have been killed more than once that way; I was flying my plane when a plane shoots across the screen, down past my nose, and then I explode or the OTHER crazy sumsqueak that flys his plane up my tail at full speed with WEP on like he is being chased by demons outa hell, guns'a'blazin, and pulls out so close that if his gear was down his tail wheel would brush my rudder. And when I's flying a fighter it is any plane I don't see untill to late, the one that BnZ's me, the one that alt monkey's me, or the one with a better pilot. And finaly when I am in a tank or gv, it is the one with bombs and a half-way competant pilot, or the one with six bombs, rockets, or the one with anything bigger than a 30mm, and a trigger-happy first timer that will crash into my corps (dead body, not sure if I spelled it right) because he pulls up to late. :noid
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:05:41 PM by Nemisis »
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »
The Joker makes a valid point....... The 152 with m00t at the wheel, the C-Hog with SHawk flying, a B24 with me flying....................... . YOU'RE DEAD.  So needless to say, I think about who, not what. 

holly bumpastink bat man
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »
Not even close.

lol is the world pink with those rose colored lenses ?
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »
I have a hard time shaking Yak's, and Corsair's. Yak's really give me nightmares!    :devil :salute
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:23:49 PM by TUK »
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena