Author Topic: 30mm damage  (Read 15970 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Re: 30mm damage
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2009, 06:33:50 PM »
sounds like somebody just needs to man up and commit to what they signed up for...
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2009, 07:14:43 PM »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2009, 03:31:38 AM »
What should i do if Im landing alot of MG hits but no Tators?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2009, 09:04:08 AM »
Thank god that you didn't get hit  :pray
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2009, 09:17:27 AM »
If it consistently happens, you might have some bad habits.. Film would clear it up.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2009, 09:53:23 AM »
If it consistently happens, you might have some bad habits.. Film would clear it up.

...bad habits?? :confused:

...nose picking? ..using both sides toilet paper to save $$??  ...speaking to republicans (democrats)??   heheheh :uhoh :uhoh

actualy what do you mean because I would like to know if it is related to our flight manauvers or is it technical computer thing.

cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: September 13, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
It's just that people seem to get into bad habits more than seldom, and often enough the symptom is one particular pattern repeating over and over.  Like CAP1 (I think) in one of the Rope threads in the Help forum.  He consistently reverses a little too late.  His judgement of how near stalling out the target is, needs(ed) a slight recalibration.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #247 on: September 13, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »
The answer to all this is the Yak-9T. Ballistics seem pretty good. Damage is invariably catastrophic.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: September 13, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »
The answer to all this is the Yak-9T. Ballistics seem pretty good. Damage is invariably catastrophic.

Absolutely, but unfortunately also suffers from the dweebfire bug. Any other fighter once you see the flash of a hit you can instantly pull off and engage the next thing coming.. Dweebfires you have to wait and check.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2009, 06:10:22 AM »
You're saying that Spits sometimes take 37mm without enough damage to crash?  Or do they sometimes take no damage at all?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2009, 06:13:35 AM »
It's just that people seem to get into bad habits more than seldom, and often enough the symptom is one particular pattern repeating over and over.  Like CAP1 (I think) in one of the Rope threads in the Help forum.  He consistently reverses a little too late.  His judgement of how near stalling out the target is, needs(ed) a slight recalibration.
Ill try to get you some film moot, i think i  might be shooting to far out...is 400 too far?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2009, 06:28:02 AM »
You're saying that Spits sometimes take 37mm without enough damage to crash?  Or do they sometimes take no damage at all?

Only seems to be a feature of the latest model dweebfires, they take a fuel leak hit to the wing or no damage at all. More common is the fuel leak hit. Of course majority of them just explode as they should.

I'll try get film one day.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2009, 12:03:18 PM »
Ill try to get you some film moot, i think i  might be shooting to far out...is 400 too far?

The circular pattern on sights wasn't there for decoration - all (if more than 1) indicated a "wing width" of general enemy planes be they fighters or buffs and that is how they decided optimum distance to commence firing - NO in flight "distance ranges" for them. Do a little research on the sight itself or set up off line some averages to work with.

IRL there were many reports by the better flyers to "wait till they filled the wind screen". I personally don't fire cannon above 400yds preferably 300yds (600 with MGs if trying to get em to turn). I have seen many firing up to 1000 but that may just be what it shows at my end - they may see me at 600 - lag being the issue.

Try some variations till you see what works best for you - I know there are some that wait to 200.

cheers eh!
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »
Junky, under the right conditions I'll shoot the 30mm out past 800yards. I will shoot at 400 if I see any shot developing but generally I use acm to get closer. Within 200.
I know you dedicated some time to the k4, but then the ki after that, and I don't know what plane you're on now. If you don't have a good idea where the tater round is going, I'd start close in again until you get the feel back. Once you feel you have that going for you, then don't hesitate to take some of the crazy shots. You're often rewarded for them, hopefully not with one of these weak taters though! :)
-AoM-

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »
If you can get me film of a few (as many ideally, but dont sweat it) different situations where it happens, I won't need to guess.  I shoot to 400 almost half the time. 
The circular pattern on sights wasn't there for decoration - all (if more than 1) indicated a "wing width" of general enemy planes be they fighters or buffs and that is how they decided optimum distance to commence firing - NO in flight "distance ranges" for them. Do a little research on the sight itself or set up off line some averages to work with.

IRL there were many reports by the better flyers to "wait till they filled the wind screen". I personally don't fire cannon above 400yds preferably 300yds (600 with MGs if trying to get em to turn). I have seen many firing up to 1000 but that may just be what it shows at my end - they may see me at 600 - lag being the issue.

Try some variations till you see what works best for you - I know there are some that wait to 200.

cheers eh!
If you want to do it this way (personally I feel the LW sights just get in the way and would rather make the 30mm ballistics second nature), make sure you check the "authentic" sight against the .target in AH.  I know the Corsair's gunsight is not to historical proportion, so there's some chance that the bitmap Luftwaffe gunsights and in-game gunsight size are also off.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:49:04 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you