Author Topic: Sticks  (Read 2507 times)

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
Re: Sticks
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 05:38:21 PM »
Which car you get that seat out of? Looks like a Saturn.
Don't know the car model.
bought a pair of them at a wrecking yard. They were like new and didn't have all the electric stuff attached or any seat belt garbage, but still had the roller track assembly. I'm going to build another setup like this with the second seat. First one was a prototype and works well.

Flying since tour 84

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 05:44:18 PM »
Man, and my wife calls me a dork for wearing my homemade FreeTrack hat.

I like to build stuff out of metal.
This game just gave me something else to build.
Call me a dork, I don't care.

I don't want to hijack this thread.
I have lots of additional pictures. I can start a new topic if you want to see more from start to finish.

Flying since tour 84

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:50:43 PM »
Hi Kush,

did you get my email response to your application?

CH is the best.

Combat stick/ pedals/  throttle will probably cost around £300  but you wont have to replace it for a long time if ever.

dont get x52 nastiness, some of my guys have been having a catalogue of problems with it.  Diggin SNAPPED his one in frustration.

(Image removed from quote.)

Bout to do the same to mine...

Absolutely no rudder control with mine, the rudder has a mind of its own...

Through me into the Drink in Last nights FSO when i was shooting down a LA in my KI.  :mad:
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »
I like to build stuff out of metal.
This game just gave me something else to build.
Call me a dork, I don't care.

I don't want to hijack this thread.
I have lots of additional pictures. I can start a new topic if you want to see more from start to finish.
LOL, I wasn't trying to mock you.  Sorry if I came off that way.  I'm was just thinking in what parallel universe I'd have to be in for my wife to let me do that.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »
LOL, I wasn't trying to mock you.  Sorry if I came off that way.  I'm was just thinking in what parallel universe I'd have to be in for my wife to let me do that.

Ya just have to have an "understanding" wife !..

Don't know the car model.
bought a pair of them at a wrecking yard. They were like new and didn't have all the electric stuff attached or any seat belt garbage, but still had the roller track assembly. I'm going to build another setup like this with the second seat. First one was a prototype and works well.

I got mine out of a Cordoba, and its 8-way power seat.....and yes the motors still work  :)

68valu, how do you climb in and out of that thing? Nice work by the way, I'd like to see more pictures.

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 07:31:11 PM »
Ya just have to have an "understanding" wife !..

I got mine out of a Cordoba, and its 8-way power seat.....and yes the motors still work  :)

68valu, how do you climb in and out of that thing? Nice work by the way, I'd like to see more pictures.

COOL Nice job
Know I know im not the only guy with a creative/sick mind.
Thats really cool leaving the seats powered.

I made a new post of my sim.

I can climb in without removing the joystick pedestal, but when other people fly it I just take it out. It is held in place with one set screw.
Flying since tour 84

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 08:45:30 PM »
COOL Nice job
Know I know im not the only guy with a creative/sick mind.
Thats really cool leaving the seats powered.

I made a new post of my sim.

I can climb in without removing the joystick pedestal, but when other people fly it I just take it out. It is held in place with one set screw.

You should think about writing down the plans for your simpit and market them. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 11:39:58 PM »

Corinthian leather?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »
I have been through this time and time again between twisties and CH and in the end CH is definitely the way to go. Just recently the discussion has come down to convergence settings and dispersion patterns in combat and again the CH comes out ahead. The twisty sticks (of any design) are impossible to use in combat situations without unwanted control inputs and that fact shows up in hit sprite patterns on your target aircraft. Where I can place a needle fine hit pattern with CH the same situation will result in hits dispersed in a much wider pattern with a twisty stick.

Turning off the twist function or mapping it to something else or unmapping it in some other way helps a little but I have never seen another production stick that can get anywhere near the precision of CH.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Warder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 07:06:59 AM »
That seat come from a Pontiac Grand Am (the first picture of the seat that is), My daughter has that car and the seat your using is a perfect match. This is my first flight sim. Im using a Saltek ST290 stick any my keyboard. I think I am just a little outdone compared to most people here.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:12:20 AM by Warder »

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
Which CH stick is the best for A.H.? What CH products are necessary and which ones are frills? Also what is the best Web Site to purchase CH products? I am a new player and looking for good information from your many hours of play. Thank You Ketinkrad

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 09:25:43 AM »
Which CH stick is the best for A.H.? What CH products are necessary and which ones are frills? Also what is the best Web Site to purchase CH products? I am a new player and looking for good information from your many hours of play. Thank You Ketinkrad

On this page at Provantage.com you can see the main CH products. Provantage usually has the best price, but you can shop around if you want. They have the "FlightStick Pro for $63, but for $8 more you get a much better stick in the "Combatstick 568". The Combatstick is ok for AH, but the "Fighterstick Pro" is the top of the line.

Also, CH sticks ARE NOT TWISTY, so there is no rudder control. So a set of "Pro Pedals" for $100 should be on the list. All the sticks do have a wheel on the left side that can be used for throttle control so a "Pro Throttle" is a luxury.

So a starter set-up would be the Combatstick 568 and the Pro Pedals. $175

Top of the line would be the Fighterstick Pro, Pro Pedals, and the Pro Throttle. $305

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »

Well, I'd suggest at least the rudder pedals and joystick...  The joystick isn't a twisty stick, so without the peddals, you're going to be using the keyboard for the rudder, and I wouldn't advise that.  I suppose you could hold off on the throttle for awhile if money is tight.  I've also seen players get a different brand for their throttle as some don't like the CH one.  It does take some getting used to.

Check out the different joysticks and compare their different features:

http://www.chproducts.com/retail/joysticks.html

I use the fighterstick, though I could probably get by just fine with the combatstick...  I don't think the flightstick is worth the $20 savings over the combat stick.  It doesn't have enough buttons to make it useful as far as I'm concerned.  The whole point of buying a nice joystick is to minimize the amount of typing you have to do, and the flightstick won't help you too much there...  At least not without some pretty innovative programing in the control mananger by you...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 03:22:10 AM »
I thank you both for the great information. Ketinkrad

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »
I've always used the Combatstick.  There is no reason to pay the extra dollars for the fighterstick if you have the throttle and Pedals.

One point.

Anyone ever see a Post about having problems with Ch Products in here?

If there were they are few and far between.

Ch hands down the best HOTAS on the market.
- The Flying Circus -