Author Topic: Sticks  (Read 2509 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Sticks
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »
Just ordered a combat stick - having used the x52 since I got here pretty much. Will post my impressions once it arrives (Monday) and have given it some time for me to get used to it.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 11:45:32 AM »
I've always used the Combatstick.  There is no reason to pay the extra dollars for the fighterstick if you have the throttle and Pedals.

One point.

Anyone ever see a Post about having problems with Ch Products in here?

If there were they are few and far between.

Ch hands down the best HOTAS on the market.
As I can tell, Fighterstick is a Combat stick with more buttons---after some 15+ twists of various brands over the years, bought a new Combat and a used CH pedals couple years ago... (total less than 200$)...haven't spent a dime since (now comPUTERS, thats another story :cry) And, as was stated before, there is a BIG advanatge being able to apply rudder or aileron SEPARATELY. Twistys always add both, no matter how careful you are. (Driving tanks from gun position with your feet only is added bonus :aok)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TheZohan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »
disreguard no longer available
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:35:03 PM by TheZohan »

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »
Apologies for a lateish bump - been playing with my ch combat stick now, and the difference between that and my x52 is quite simply, amazing. Much more control, more finesse.

Recommended, but, you definitely need to have throttle and pedals with this stick. Setting up was dead easy, not using the ch software apart from the drivers, all set up done ingame only.

Definite thumbs up.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 02:05:54 AM »
Apologies for a lateish bump - been playing with my ch combat stick now, and the difference between that and my x52 is quite simply, amazing. Much more control, more finesse.

Recommended, but, you definitely need to have throttle and pedals with this stick. Setting up was dead easy, not using the ch software apart from the drivers, all set up done ingame only.

Definite thumbs up.

Wurzel

Depends on how you fly If you like to use numepad+hatswitch I wouldn't get a throttle I would just use the onboard axis throttle on the stick. Even more so If you do alot of throttle management but If you like to fly realistically then by all means spend that extra 100 bucks.
Das Muppets

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »
CH is still probably the best bang for buck

BUT

TM cougar HOTAS has come down in price and can be found for under $200 now.  Its a real monster

all metal.. including the internal components and buttons, and weighing 17 pounds everything else feels like a toy in comparison.

next to trackIR its the best upgrade ive made, its also HIGHLY modifiable, you can replace the pots with HALL effect sensors, the throttle has adjustable stops, so you can put a stop at 90% and when you click past it your in WEP.. 28 buttons...  look it up.

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 05:15:21 PM »
PM TilDeath on the CH components.  I had the X-52 blues, losing calibration etc.  Since changing to CH - Combat stick; Pro Throttle and Pro Petals no problems.  If you decide on CH PM me & I'll send you my profile. :noid :salute
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 06:06:16 PM »
Depends on how you fly If you like to use numepad+hatswitch I wouldn't get a throttle I would just use the onboard axis throttle on the stick. Even more so If you do alot of throttle management but If you like to fly realistically then by all means spend that extra 100 bucks.

numpad? how 80's :D

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »
numpad? how 80's :D

:D :P Hey It does the job and Its more comfortable to me.
Das Muppets

Offline TheZohan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 02:37:06 AM »
i had a X52 before but i just got a X45 and i actually like it better

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 12:39:05 AM »
I've always used the Combatstick.  There is no reason to pay the extra dollars for the fighterstick if you have the throttle and Pedals.

One point.

Anyone ever see a Post about having problems with Ch Products in here?

If there were they are few and far between.

Ch hands down the best HOTAS on the market.

I recall Fester having problems with his CH gear spiking & stuttering. He later found out that he needed to plug in via powered usb hub & his problems were solved. It was a power issue, not a CH issue.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:40:43 AM by MajWoody »
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »
I recall Fester having problems with his CH gear spiking & stuttering. He later found out that he needed to plug in via powered usb hub & his problems were solved. It was a power issue, not a CH issue.

That's a common problem with the Saitek's too.
It's amazing how often an outlet a computer is plugged into isn't grounded 100% properly, and the wierd quirks it can cause (like joystick calibration issues).

I like my X52 a lot. It's a good piece of equipment for the price, and the amount of controls is great. Also, you can completely turn off the twist stick controls if you have pedals or want to add them without replacing the whole works (i.e. there's a screw that locks the stick in place, and you can increase the dead zone to cover the entire axis. Bingo, no more twisty).
However, CH products are definitely top tier.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:44 AM »
Hi Kush,

did you get my email response to your application?

CH is the best.

Combat stick/ pedals/  throttle will probably cost around £300  but you wont have to replace it for a long time if ever.

dont get x52 nastiness, some of my guys have been having a catalogue of problems with it.  Diggin SNAPPED his one in frustration.

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like alcohol was involved  :rofl

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 10:33:09 AM »
 :lol   diggin doesn't need alcohol to set him off,  he just needs to have an argument with his alternate personality.   ;)

BUZZ LIGHTYEAR to the rescue   SNAPPP!!!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 05:52:20 PM »
:lol   diggin doesn't need alcohol to set him off,  he just needs to have an argument with his alternate personality.   ;)

BUZZ LIGHTYEAR to the rescue   SNAPPP!!!

Never the less, a lot of booze on the table in that pick   heheheheh :rofl