Author Topic: muppets  (Read 8548 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: muppets
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2009, 02:38:30 PM »
thick skin??  I see a lot of people lacking the thick skin necessary. Also I see a lot of people lacking the word "sarcasm" in their vocabulary

You think?

Honestly - some of you guys are taking this way too personally.

There is a distinct difference between getting pissy over in-game occurrences and getting *personally* pissy with players, themselves.

For example; we were discussing this "oink" thing that occurs.  Yeah, its dweeby.  Yeah, its a slightly annoying attempt to get attention/recognition.  Yeah, some people will squeak about it.  But you know what?  Exclusive of actually scanning the signatures of posters in this thread or looking up squad affiliations on the roster, in game, I couldnt name a single individual who is a member of POTW, off the top of my head.  I just dont care.  This is largely because, while the behavior might be annoying, it doesnt mean I develop any sort of personal vendetta against the speaker.

Now, by contrast, we have this:

hello i have a few short things to say about you and all who oppose the "pigs on the wing". it has come to my attention that you moppets have been saying things about the pigs that are not very nice, well in return we the pigs will destroy you, every sortie and every chance we get you will be crushed mercilessly. i hope you realize the severity of the situation that you are in.    that is all

Pigs on the Wing-  rock

muppets- ROFL!     "you suck, like a vacuum cleaner"

MrMeaty

For whatever reason, multiple individuals have crossed over to the latter side of the equation.  The above is a great example.  Im not sure to what Mr Meaty is referring.  I know I didnt say anything bad about his squad.  Hell, I didnt even know who he was until a couple days ago and I didnt know he was a pig until I read this thread.

Why?  Dont care.

I dont think I can say the same for him, though.  Based upon some of his recent posts in this thread, I might even go so far as to say that he probably has some sort of candle-lit shrine in the corner of his bedroom where he stabs a burlap doll that looks like m00t.

Thats not healthy. 

Now, far be it from me to suggest an effort to subdue one's enthusiasm for any topic, but in this particular case I think many people would be well served by developing some thicker skin.

I cant speak for other squads, but when it comes to animated puppets of Jim Henson fame, try to imagine a smile behind every comment. 

In all honesty, Im not sure what has or has not occurred in recent weeks but if you feel that one of the aforementioned stuffed animals has insulted you, offended you or plain old doesnt like you, I can pretty much guarantee that the fault lies with your interpretation of his or her words.

If its gotten to the point where you are going so far as to start threads in General Discussion to voice your discontent with a player or a squadron, it might be time to take a step back and carefully consider what might actually be upsetting you. 

What is it that Player X or Squad Y does that upsets you? 

Figure that out and I bet you'll determine that the cause is not even worth the mental energy you just expended to answer the question in the first place.

In the words of someone much older and wiser than me; "Lets all just settle down."

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »
So there's going to be BBQ?

:D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
Sig... that is all.
See Rule #4

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »
So there's going to be BBQ?

:D

A pig roast, perhaps.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »
I might even go so far as to say that he probably has some sort of candle-lit shrine in the corner of his bedroom where he stabs a burlap doll that looks like m00t.
m00t? Nah, not m00t. :aok  Now SkyRock on the other hand........ :D

People, it's just a game. Most of the Pigs and probably all of the Muppets can outfly me, but I don't take it personally. If I did, I would have quit the game months ago.

To quote another "wise" man,   "Can't we all just get along?"
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »
Naw.  I'd rather see them tear each other up. 

Seriously.

You guys should pick two close bases and just go at it for a night.  Epic fights would abound.  Make it a capture the flag.... whoever takes the other's base in 2 hours or less is the winner...  something.  Get creative and kill each other.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »
Yep..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
You guys should pick two close bases and just go at it for a night... <snip> ...whoever takes the other's base in 2 hours or less is the winner.

Killing NOE 110's, Lanc's and Goon's for two hours straight isn't my idea of fun.

Just personal preference.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »
When this battle royale finally takes place you all have to post film!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »
When this battle royale finally takes place you all have to post film! (Image removed from quote.)
Ok, but if they do, then let there be a tangible reward. I suggest the losing squad salute the victors by changing their Squad name to "Pig's Rule" or "Muppet's Rule" for 2 weeks following the fight. Maybe that way the combatants will have just a little more incentive to win.  ;)
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline MrMeaty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2009, 04:35:43 PM »
For whatever reason, multiple individuals have crossed over to the latter side of the equation.  The above is a great example.  Im not sure to what Mr Meaty is referring.  I know I didnt say anything bad about his squad.  Hell, I didnt even know who he was until a couple days ago and I didnt know he was a pig until I read this thread.

Why?  Dont care.

I dont think I can say the same for him, though.  Based upon some of his recent posts in this thread, I might even go so far as to say that he probably has some sort of candle-lit shrine in the corner of his bedroom where he stabs a burlap doll that looks like m00t.

Thats not healthy.

Now, far be it from me to suggest an effort to subdue one's enthusiasm for any topic, but in this particular case I think many people would be well served by developing some thicker skin.

I cant speak for other squads, but when it comes to animated puppets of Jim Henson fame, try to imagine a smile behind every comment.

In all honesty, Im not sure what has or has not occurred in recent weeks but if you feel that one of the aforementioned stuffed animals has insulted you, offended you or plain old doesnt like you, I can pretty much guarantee that the fault lies with your interpretation of his or her words.

If its gotten to the point where you are going so far as to start threads in General Discussion to voice your discontent with a player or a squadron, it might be time to take a step back and carefully consider what might actually be upsetting you.

What is it that Player X or Squad Y does that upsets you?

Figure that out and I bet you'll determine that the cause is not even worth the mental energy you just expended to answer the question in the first place.

In the words of someone much older and wiser than me; "Lets all just settle down.

it is people like you who make the world a more dull place. i have made this post expecting it to get deleted and maybe start a good fight because i havent seen one in a while, but really it is none of your concern when it comes to my motives or thoughts.I dont care if you know me or have heard of me, I have my own reasons for what i do and they mostly consist of me thinking of ways to spark a little fun into a game of hoes and runners. i didnt say any names and i only addressed 1 squad. On my squad forum i read that some stupid muppet said something ignorant about the pigs so i saw a good opportunity to start a fight. to be honest im glad this many people replied now i realize what kind of uptight old faukers im goin up against, this should be fun.

and the muppets still suck

MrMeaty
fear the flying black pig

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2009, 04:40:04 PM »

MrMeaty
:rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2009, 04:40:15 PM »
hello i have a few short things to say about you and all who oppose the "pigs on the wing". it has come to my attention that you moppets have been saying things about the pigs that are not very nice, well in return we the pigs will destroy you, every sortie and every chance we get you will be crushed mercilessly. i hope you realize the severity of the situation that you are in.    that is all

Pigs on the Wing-  :rock

muppets- :rofl     "you suck, like a vacuum cleaner"

MrMeaty

you know I have fought a bunch of the POTW, and for the most part they have been good decent fights.

I recently read your forums and found allot of "talk" about the Muppet's, sounds to me it is your squad that has the issues.

any time you wanna back up these words you let me know.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

MrMeaty

Hey, quit using my likeness.  It's copyrighted!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve