Author Topic: A8Balls/Aces & 8's  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: A8Balls/Aces & 8's
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
Big Wooh!  :rolleyes:  I've contributed to the Knights winning the war at least five times by not logging on.  I'm their secret weapon.

Dang you got me there.... you are L33T3R.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »
You guys have a nice web site by the way.  :aok

I was reading your history on your main page and copied this quote:

"Within 2 months, the Aces & 8s had recorded a total of 3 consecutive map resets for the Rooks. A feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad. Our final history has yet to be written."

Just curious, but I have to ask a question about this statement above.

How has it been determined that its a "feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad"?

I know there has been several resets conducted back to back by not only Bish squads, but Knits also and most certainly more than 3 consecutive in a two month period by the same squad.

I am just curious to how you interpreted this statement.

Who cares?....this will end badly.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »
Why is it when I picture a squadron fight between the Rolling Flatulence and the A8s, this is what I see?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »
My money's on Timmy!
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 03:38:48 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »
Why is it when I picture a squadron fight between the Rolling Flatulence and the A8s, this is what I see?

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

Although not with the Aces anymore I believe that particular statement was directed at the final base take that resets the map three times in a row for some camp back in the late 80's early 90's tours.

In the odds of things, being the last squad to take a base that resets a map 3 times in a row has got to be pretty tough. I really see no reason it should be on the website but it is. Balls see's it as an accomplishment and it does say something about the squad if taken in the right context. (The squad likes to take base)

As far as Rolling Thunder is compared to the A8's... There is none. They're in two totally different leagues worlds apart.

I know for an absolute fact that the Aces almost never call a mission because of to much resistance. They keep hammering at it till it's finally taken or it just stops making sense.

RT on the other hand, is the complete opposite. According to a PM I got when I was looking for a new squad to hang out with I was told by it's CO exactly how they operate and thats what i could expect from them. (easy undefended base takes) I promptly responded with :Sorry, good luck with that but it's just not my style"  or something to that direct affect.

I know for a fact that while i was an A8 we took more bases than RT on a month to month bases and did it with 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of people it would take RT to do it in.

Ball's style, (when he was in command of the A8's) was to take an undefended V or A base deep in enemy country, defend it the best we could and move onto the next one all in that same area. He was a smart cookie and knew all the Rooks needed was a foot hold in a separate area away from the ballers to set us up to begin taking the rest of the map.

;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:48:29 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 03:50:34 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

LOL Twinboom

I should have added that it's definitely worth making fun of tho  hehehehe

Good pick Twin

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »
SKWAD WARZ!   :noid
Strokes

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 04:10:18 PM »

RT on the other hand, is the complete opposite. According to a PM I got when I was looking for a new squad to hang out with I was told by it's CO exactly how they operate and thats what i could expect from them. (easy undefended base takes) I promptly responded with :Sorry, good luck with that but it's just not my style"  or something to that direct affect.

;)

Total BS or are you just fishin? :noid
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 04:23:48 PM »
Total BS or are you just fishin? :noid

No, not BS. I sent you the PM and i won't be sharing it with anyone else.

I wrote what I wrote and maybe i shouldn't have. I'm not here to cause trouble.. ACK ACK is . He caught me at a good time and sucked me in   :angel:  :rofl

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »
No, not BS. I sent you the PM and i won't be sharing it with anyone else.

I wrote what I wrote and maybe i shouldn't have. I'm not here to cause trouble.. ACK ACK is . He caught me at a good time and sucked me in   :angel:  :rofl

not causing trouble, just posted on what image pops in my head when I see a A8 vs. Rolling Flatulence thread.  Not my fault if the image happens to be accurate. /shrug

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »
I think you all are taking this statement by A8Balls too seriously. It was not meant to belittle or talk down to anybody. It was posted for the squad as something to be proud of as in "cohesion and teamwork". I will be the first to admit that the A8's are a formidable squad on most occasions and know how to get er done. Now if A8Balls had purposefully made that remark, true or otherwise, on this forum then it could be construed as open season but he did not. Give the A8's, and the RT's, their due without the insults and play nice. <<S>> to both squads.

Carry On.

LTARogue

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »
you want a race to the finish. go into midwar and duke it out with the master of shed burning .the Playmates of the knights.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »
Give the A8's, and the RT's, their due without the insults and play nice. <<S>> to both squads.

+1