Author Topic: Could Someone Please Define a "HO"?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Could Someone Please Define a "HO"?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »
If the other plane COULD have gotten guns on you, but chose to maneuver out of it, yet you chose to pursue it and shot, that could be considered a HO.

If only one plane has a potential gun solution it isn't a HO.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that is how i generally die to a ho.....when i maneuver away from it. then the other guy claims it wasn't a ho, since i didn't have a guns solution. go figure.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
I was in the ma and was merging with a moss on the deck now who in their right mind would ho moss. He was just coming out of a turn so at the head on point I move to avoid the ho and got my tail shot off for the trouble. the pilot went on to land ten kills in the thing.  I always go for the dual before the kill. It is just the way I fly. If someone wants to go for the kill first oh well.

I will flat out HO on the second engaged pick attempt even if it causes a ram. My whole goal is to kill the other player so they have to spend the time it takes to climb to 20k. The engaged pick is the lamest thing in the game.

I would like to know how you avoid the ho 100% of the time maybe you could explain.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »
A HO is when both planes have a gun solution, but as someone else posted in a Duel one may avoid a easy HO shot, and the other does not. its a HO.

that's why when I fight, I try to make sure on the initial merge, that they have no gun solution but I do.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »
To some, any shot taken when the opposition is in front of the 3/9 line is a HO.  I avoid HO's long before they happen.  Almost without fail, I can duck a HO attempt, and convert to their 6. 

I had someone attempt a rope on me, stall and as they rolled over towards me nose down, I popped them in the canopy, they cried HO.  Of course this player is well know for being a dictionary resource for "reasons why it's not my fault I died".

I usually ignore them when they cry.  They get a new plane and it's only a game. <S>
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Wedge1126

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »
If the enemy has a guns solution on you, it is folly to expect him to not fire. I'm not saying you should or should not shoot someone in a head on. I'm just saying you should never expect the other pilot to not fire.
Wedge

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »

that is how i generally die to a ho.....when i maneuver away from it. then the other guy claims it wasn't a ho, since i didn't have a guns solution. go figure.

+1
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 01:57:39 PM »

Yup, typical drivel from those who are more concerned with a cheap kill than a challenge but can't admit it.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »
I don't care what direction the nme is going or what direction I'm going, if an nme aircraft crosses my gunsight, I'm taking the shot.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 04:03:19 PM »
Yup, typical drivel from those who are more concerned with a cheap kill than a challenge but can't admit it.

MY STATEMENT/?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »
MY STATEMENT/?

No, I was referring to their HO justification.  Sorry for the miscommunication.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »
I don't care what direction the nme is going or what direction I'm going, if an nme aircraft crosses my gunsight, I'm taking the shot.

Then you'll always be an easy kill.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »
No, I was referring to their HO justification.  Sorry for the miscommunication.

aaahh.....no problem....and the caps weren't intended as yelling.......i had left caps lock on.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 01:25:41 AM »

I like "cheap" kills.

"Cheap" kills IMO are the ones where you never even give the opposition a fair chance to scratch your paint. That puts HOing right out.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 09:07:42 AM »
I like "cheap" kills.

"Cheap" kills IMO are the ones where you never even give the opposition a fair chance to scratch your paint. That puts HOing right out.

This from a person who prefers a "kill" as apposed to a "fight".

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 09:38:47 AM »

This from a person who prefers a "kill" as apposed to a "fight".

Fighting is a necessary prelude to killing. Got to go into the woods if you want to hunt. Unless you make your living strafing runways. There are risks, but they can be minimized by various methods of cheating, such as studying more and putting in more practice than the opposition.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 09:47:14 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."