Author Topic: Spitfires in tour 110: Late war  (Read 7007 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Spitfires in tour 110: Late war
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »
BnZ will argue just for the sake of it. He will argue details of conversatins that have nothing to do with the topic of hand. He is vapid and a complete waste of time. I ignore him now but it seems Karaya hasn't figured this out yet.   

Gee...and I'm the one who has *never* done the  sour-grapes, Steve is a picker-runner score-potato thing.  :rofl
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:36:05 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »
Okay then, you haven't offered a valid reason for not perking it yet.

See how that works?
The people advocating a change from the current status are the ones who have the onus of showing that a change is needed, not those advocating that the status remain unchanged.  This is an absurd request on the part of a few fixated people. The fact that they are asking for an aircraft that is not unbalancing at all to be removed from general use is absolutely ridiculous.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Spitfires offer no challenge to the pilot, they are easy mode as it gets in AH2.  Well, the 8 and 16 mostly.  The rest are only slightly dweeby :D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2009, 12:37:31 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Spitfires offer no challenge to the pilot, they are easy mode as it gets in AH2.  Well, the 8 and 16 mostly.  The rest are only slightly dweeby :D
Try the Mk I and Mk XIV.  I think you'll find their challenge is there.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: April 07, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »
Try the Mk I and Mk XIV.  I think you'll find their challenge is there.

True, true.  Those are the two spits which may be flown without shame!

- oldman (the 14, in particular)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »

Spit 1 is my favorite plane to fly in here.   It's more than a challenge.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »
Here's a thought -

Unperk the CHog - thats ALL you would see coming off CV's.
That count as unbalancing?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »
Here's a thought -

Whats all this about the CHOG?  This is a dweebfire bashing thread!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2009, 05:04:01 PM »
Here's a thought -

Kind of like the number of XVIs you see in a furball or base defense? ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »
Kind of like the number of XVIs you see in a furball or base defense? ;)
Only if you like lying.  Spit XVIs are no where near that level of common.

Other things would still come off of CVs if the F4U-1C were free, but the ratio would be crap compared to what it is now.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2009, 09:19:09 PM »
The people advocating a change from the current status are the ones who have the onus of showing that a change is needed, not those advocating that the status remain unchanged.

Considering the planes in question are NEW planes, compared to the other planes being used as baselines and other reference points, it is NOT up to the folks advocating chage. The change was thrust upon us by the introduction of the new plane. Thus the onus lies evenly upon both sides to prove their argument.

Your argument thus stands as an insult claiming anybody disagreeing with you is fixated, and that the argument is absurd.

So far BnZs has been more analytical and clear on his point of view. I agree with most of the points he's made in this thread so far (and trust me we don't agree on everything).

He's brought up very valid points, and you simply say "you're fixated on an absurd point" -- without providing any counterpoints of your own. You have yet to prove why this spit16/8 (as a combo or just the 16) should remain unperked.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2009, 09:57:02 PM »
The Spitfire Mk XVI has been in AH for more than two years now.  That is anything but new.

And you, as a well established Spitfire hater who advocates against any Spitfire suggestion that isn't a direct attack on them, have no standing to comment on them.

He's brought up very valid points, and you simply say "you're fixated on an absurd point" -- without providing any counterpoints of your own. You have yet to prove why this spit16/8 (as a combo or just the 16) should remain unperked.
He hasn't brought up a single point as to why they should be perked, just his feelings that they are double plus good.

The counter points have been made over and over and over and over.  It does not dominate the kill/death percentages, it does not dominate the kill/death ratio, it is very strong in some ways and average or even weak in other ways.  He categorically dismisses anything that doesn't support his conclusion.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:59:52 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Considering the planes in question are NEW planes, compared to the other planes being used as baselines and other reference points, it is NOT up to the folks advocating chage. The change was thrust upon us by the introduction of the new plane. Thus the onus lies evenly upon both sides to prove their argument.

Your argument thus stands as an insult claiming anybody disagreeing with you is fixated, and that the argument is absurd.

So far BnZs has been more analytical and clear on his point of view. I agree with most of the points he's made in this thread so far (and trust me we don't agree on everything).

OK I have the perfect solution to this latest Spit whine.  Give us a 1942 full span wing Spitfire LFVc to go with our 1942 FIXc, a 1943 clipped wing Spitfire FXII to go with our 1943 Spitfire LFVIIIc,  a 1944 full span wing Spitfire LFIXe with +18 boost, and then the 1945 clipped wing Spitfire LFXVIe with +25 boost that is perked to go with our perked Spitfire FXIVe.  With our 1940 Spitfire I and 1941 Spitfire Vb we'd have it covered.

I'll leave the Seafire componant to Kev :)

Happy now?  :aok

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »
a 1943 clipped wing Spitfire FXII

...And you think we're whining now? :rofl
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »
...And you think we're whining now? :rofl

Well it's not a latewar uber bird.  They weren't even flying after September 44 :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters