Author Topic: chess piece "patriots"  (Read 4510 times)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Re: chess piece "patriots"
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »
Says the guy whose CO is a "Chess Piece Patriot"; You know someone that was born to lead the Bishops. Someone that is NEVER on his "high horse".

Come on....your little statement above is so hypocritical. I've witnessed your squad, namely your CO, berate people because they were attacking a base that you had planned an NOE to. I've witnessed your squad, namely your CO, accuse people of spying. I've witnessed your squad, namely your CO, give people crap because of how they were controlling the CV.

Before you accuse anyone of being on a "high-horse", I first think you should direct that frustration towards your CO.

Happy Easter

You didnt have a problem with it when I was in your squad .. :D

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »
I'm assuming that when the arenas were originally set up, they decided to make chess pieces the team names instead of countries.  Their intention perhaps was to deter over zealousness to a particular side.  Some people don't understand this and still pretend a chess piece is an actual 'country'.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »
Reason # 128 why I switch countries

(Image removed from quote.)

Happens on all sides.  I have to check, but I think I have a couple of snapshops of Knights and Rooks doing the same thing. If I didn't save them, it won't take long to get a few.  I don't know how to post a picture on the BBS anyway, but all sides horde.

To answer The Fugitive in this same post. I could care less who switches sides.  The point I was trying to make is this is a thread about side switching and all of a sudden its the hordes fault. 

Still love this forum.  Same story different thread.

Fred
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:17:46 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
I think Milli Vannilli tried both "Blame it on the Spies" and "Blame it on the Horde" before they struck paydirt.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »
You didnt have a problem with it when I was in your squad .. :D

You were a lot different. Way more easy going.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »
You were a lot different. Way more easy going.
i get alittle easy after 6 beers. ;) If that easter bunny craps in my yard one more time. I swear to ghad. :furious

Kill The Wabbit            BAAAAAAHHHH

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:58:52 AM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2009, 12:05:37 PM »
Happens on all sides.  I have to check, but I think I have a couple of snapshops of Knights and Rooks doing the same thing. If I didn't save them, it won't take long to get a few.  I don't know how to post a picture on the BBS anyway, but all sides horde.

BUT..never...NEVER have I seen country channel filled with "JOIN MISSION!!!NEED 30 MORE PILOTS!!!"  while flying knight or rooks.  Yet when I'm bishop, they delete all mission with less than 15-20 people.  To them it takes 40 or more just to take a base.  This wasn't all about hording either.  AS you can see Rusty saying on 200 that 40 planes at a Vbase is overkill, I totally agree.  40 planes with ordnance will annihilate any base, regardless of Airfield, Port, or Vbase. 
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
The point I was trying to make is this is a thread about side switching and all of a sudden its the hordes fault. 

Fred

Well to some degree it is the horde's "fault" for me switching sides;  indirectly though. Each time I log on it's the same:  Switch sides to the country with the lowest numbers, then head for the biggest enemy darbar, usually the one that is fighting the smallest friendly darbar. My motivition isn't some noble pursuit of equalling things out and I don't have a David-Goliath mentality. I like the idea of being surrounded by targets. I don't want to waste time wadering around looking for a fight. To me, the horde is a good thing. Sometimes they get me, sure but what fun would the game be if you won every time?  :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »
BUT..never...NEVER have I seen country channel filled with "JOIN MISSION!!!NEED 30 MORE PILOTS!!!"  while flying knight or rooks.  Yet when I'm bishop, they delete all mission with less than 15-20 people.  To them it takes 40 or more just to take a base.  This wasn't all about hording either.  AS you can see Rusty saying on 200 that 40 planes at a Vbase is overkill, I totally agree.  40 planes with ordnance will annihilate any base, regardless of Airfield, Port, or Vbase. 

I play just about every day, and I can not remember the last time I saw a mission with 40 planes.  I don't fly very many missions with my squad, but when I do there are never that many.  I'm sure it does happen occasionally on Friday and Saturday nights, but the most I usually see is 10 - 20.  I have seen the Rooks and Knights come in with those same numbers many of times.  Just the other night, one of them, I don't remember which because I don't really pay any attention to which country I am fighting, they brought in about 10 bombers alone then a crap load of fighters behind them.  That's 30 bombers for one airfield.

I have also found when someone says 40 planes there are more likely 10.  I do the same thing, I see all those red dots and it looks a lot more than there actually is.  :salute

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »
Well to some degree it is the horde's "fault" for me switching sides;  indirectly though. Each time I log on it's the same:  Switch sides to the country with the lowest numbers, then head for the biggest enemy darbar, usually the one that is fighting the smallest friendly darbar. My motivition isn't some noble pursuit of equalling things out and I don't have a David-Goliath mentality. I like the idea of being surrounded by targets. I don't want to waste time wadering around looking for a fight. To me, the horde is a good thing. Sometimes they get me, sure but what fun would the game be if you won every time?  :salute

Steve I actually agree with you.  If someone wants to switch, I could care less for what reason, they should be able to.  I personally don't give a flip one way or another.  My argument was simply that side switching has little if anything to do with one side hording.   :salute

Fred

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »
Steve I actually agree with you.  If someone wants to switch, I could care less for what reason, they should be able to.  I personally don't give a flip one way or another.  My argument was simply that side switching has little if anything to do with one side hording.   :salute

Fred

Which was the point of the thread BMW.. My gripe was intended to the few people who grief others that just want to play along side others for what ever reason. Im not targeting just bish. I see this a lot on rook and hear of it from certain nits. The guy that was shooting them down yesterday is now in green, but instead of embracing that guy for helping your cause, now they are on your side with some sort of agenda on their mind..bullcocky.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2009, 01:35:44 PM »
My squad rotates every 2 months always on the 1st of the month. Yet i was called a spy 1 month after switching sides lol

I cant wait to "clear that guys six" in 4 months.... ( i may just take my time and kill the enemy after) :)
But seeing as i allready forgot his/her name i guess ill just clear him and move on

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2009, 02:08:18 PM »
Telling them that there's no winning or losing is like showing a dog a card trick.

Brilliant!

I always tell those who say we're "loosing the war" that THEY may be loosing their war, as long as I got pelts in the bag I'm winning *my* war.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2009, 02:10:16 PM »

Fred
wrong
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »
wrong

No offense Fred but Moot is right, at least as far as my thought process goes(I won't speak for others), as I've stated.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve