Author Topic: chess piece "patriots"  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: chess piece "patriots"
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »
I fly on all sides...  :aok

I know.   :noid

PS:  Thanks for the location of the mishuun last night. 

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
I personally don't know of the instance(s) you speak of.... 

But perhaps being treated like a redheaded stepchild is more similar to TwentyFo's treating of Bish while you were the enemy, then you would care to admit.

Were we treated by some in bishland as the redheaded stepchild?..YES, by quite a few ( One in particular was really obnoxious).

BTW... TwentyFo got on my nerves a few times... However, I actually agree with his tactic, and knew what he was doing.  So it didn't bother me too much.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
I know.   :noid

PS:  Thanks for the location of the mishuun last night. 

:rofl

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »
I personally don't know of the instance(s) you speak of.... 

But perhaps being treated like a redheaded stepchild is more similar to TwentyFo's treating of Bish while you were the enemy, then you would care to admit.

BTW... TwentyFo got on my nerves a few times... However, I actually agree with his tactic, and knew what he was doing.  So it didn't bother me too much.

I can see you get it llogan. Both you and gravy see the humor in how I interact with others on AH. Flaconwing sits too high on his horse, I have no hope for him. Although, I'll give him credit for admitting his love for Adam Lambert last night. I suspect he was drunk.

Drunk Falcnwing pwns Sober Falcnwing
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »
I can see you get it llogan. Both you and gravy see the humor in how I interact with others on AH.

You take joy in pissing off others. There's no humor in that. Pissing someone off ruins their game enjoyment.  There's no humor in that.

There is humor in how you fly though. I've watched you repeatedly avoid fighting planes in the air so you could vulch.... it was so weak that it was funny.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:11:04 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2009, 02:48:43 PM »
:rofl Was thinking the same thing. I fly on all sides and hear the same things from each side.  :aok

I really don't see it in LWB.. knights are chronically under-represented..

we see this more often..this is from last month.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »
You take joy in pissing off others. There's no humor in that. Pissing someone off ruins their game enjoyment.  There's no humor in that.

There is humor in how you fly though. I've watched you repeatedly avoid fighting planes in the air so you could vulch.... it was so weak that it was funny.

I'm glad you enjoyed watching it...Cause I enjoyed doing it. There's a certain character of person that my humor offends. They are usually the ones that take this game way too seriously. I could care less if I offend that type of person. They deserve to be offended.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed watching it...Cause I enjoyed doing it. There's a certain character of person that my humor offends. They are usually the ones that take this game way too seriously. I could care less if I offend that type of person. They deserve to be offended.

I'm sure your parents are proud of how you turned out.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
I really don't see it in LWB.. knights are chronically under-represented..

we see this more often..this is from last month.

Ill concede that nits are usually underrepresented, currently (which is why AoM has been fairly consistently flying nits) but all countries go through their ebbs and flows.

Several months ago, the Rooks went through a spout of GROSS underrepresentation.

When I first started playing AH, the Bish were outnumbered for months at a time.

It comes and goes like everything else in life.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
Ah but if that ruining of game enjoyment causes the person to log... Then yes, that stinks.  But in general I would think that doesn't happen often and it at least causes the person to not be able to stick the way they would normally....... THAT accomplishes something against your enemy... That cannot be looked at wholly as a bad strategy.  I'm as guilty of doing it as TwentyFo is.  But it's almost as if it's educational... The H5117's / SHawk's / Bruv's of the world never let words on 200 bother them.  The rest of you should take a lesson in that. 

And LynchMob... You gentlemen need to take the good with the bad.  I do not speak for anyone but myself, but... If you guys dished a little out, you should be able to be the readhead for a little while.  It's only fair.  Take it with a smile, be the bigger person!  <S>
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2009, 04:02:53 PM »
There is nothing wrong about switching sides.

And there is nothing wrong with not switching sides.
Staying loyal to your team for years in days of hording as well as in days of being whacked like a mole is totally legitimate. It's nit a bad thing. And most players that do it this way are nothing but good people.

But you can notice that most of that totally delusional crap is spewed by players being proud of never switching sides.
Taking the game too seriously in a bizarre manner, dividing AH in "them" vs "us", claiming "They always Ho/Lancstuka/Spy/Horde", while being totally blind to similar behaviour by their own team. Complaining about "ENY is unfair to us only", accusing HT of being biased against Knights/Rooks/Bish. Taking Tank Town bases only "because they did it first!". Assuring each other permanently how honourable the own team (minus the dumb furballers, of course) and how detestable the two others are, that "never fight each other".

In some way it's just like in the real world... and it's sad thing in both ones.

Again: Most "loyal" players aren't that way, just enjoying the game and their comrades. But we all know plenty players that crossed the line and mutated into that kind of cartoon-nation chauvinists.

My proposal to every player: Do a virtual vacation once in a while. Do a trip "over there". Only a few days per year. Yes, you can stay totally loyal while doing so - you are not forced to fight against your "true" country (though you might learn a lot that way...). It really helps to put a many things in AH into perspective.
Thank you sir.  :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »
They deserve to be offended.

And this is what makes your reputation as a jerk well deserved. You must be so proud.

I'm glad you enjoyed watching it...Cause I enjoyed doing it.

I shot you down, it was quite satisfying.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »

And this is what makes your reputation as a jerk well deserved. You must be so proud.

I shot you down, it was quite satisfying.

I may be viewed by some as a jerk, and that is totally fine with me. I have no problem with it. I'm not proud of it, but hey that's life. I'm not the type of person that strives to be loved by everyone. That is just not reality. Everyone is different.

And I could care less if you shot me down when I was vulching. I tend to do the bypass everyone and vulch because I'm too lazy to climb for altitude. Often times, I'm preoccupied with something else and I just up an LA7 put it on autopilot, come back, and I'm at the field. That's the way I chose to play the game at that particular time.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2009, 04:23:33 PM »
. I tend to do the bypass everyone and vulch because I'm too lazy to climb for altitude.

Heheh well you weren't particularly high but you literally avoided lower cons to vulch in the ack. Cheesey gameplay. I don't care if you want to be a jerk and a poor player, more easy kills for me.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »
Heheh well you weren't particularly high but you literally avoided lower cons to vulch in the ack. Cheesey gameplay. I don't care if you want to be a jerk and a poor player, more easy kills for me.

Sweet, so we are best friends now....right?  :rofl :rofl
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***