Author Topic: DA; Furball Lake  (Read 2079 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: DA; Furball Lake
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »
Random idea:  In the DA, you only cause damage if the guy you shoot at has acknowledged your challenge.  e.g. via a check 6-like function.
Flaws: Makes many-vs.-many fights complex as english manners because you'd easily have a queue of challenges to vet.  The simplest possible mechanism (1 item-long queue, 1 button press to accept challenge) would fail... Next simplest would be a ~10 item buffer, and two buttons.  One accept, one reject.  You press those and sort thru the list of challenges by order of reception.  Either have the challenger info (matching what you see on your end, e.g. "Plane type, range, maybe player name") in the text buffer (like join requests), or have the icon and dar dot light up while the challenge is in limbo.

The easiest thing to do would be to get rid of the DA altogether and implement private duals like they had in AW.

Then you wouldn't even have to log out of the main arena to dual someone and you'de have the ability to start at the same field taking off in opposite directions which was the way I learned to dual.  I still vividly remember dualing a squaddie and we were so low that we'de lose each other behind buildings.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 11:23:32 PM »
the furball area in the da is nothing more than a ho fest everytime i go there and try to anguage a plane .usually it hoes and runs . when you do actually find a good fight it usually ends up with someone cherry picking which i guess is ok being it is a furball area . but i laugh at the hoers and pickers that actually have the courtesy to say good fight after thiking it was actually a "fight"  Try to find someone who will actually duel in the da is very hard.
same thing in all arenas it will never change.... get over it :aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 11:33:42 PM »
another simple point to make is before htc canked 8 player the da was just a place to duel or squad train...Now Htc is makin money off the guys that were playing for free...I still think in any server type arena there should never be out of the cockpit views...When the new guys start playing they get use to this and have a hard time translating to ma's.. :salute

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:09 PM »
Furball lake is a GLADIATOR AREANA. I have posted on this several times.

You either can hang in there or not. Do not expect any fair fights. If you want a fair fight go to a field and make your rules.

"if you want a fair fight" has been repeaded on ch 200 in the MA so many times it should be inscribed in stone somewhere on a big mountain, so don't expect one on the lake.

Look people!!! The furball lake is NOT a place for whimps. IT IS WHAT IT IS....whole squads ganging, flying perk rides, alt monkeys...all of it.

Agent sais if you go you better "BRING IT" cause if you don't your going to get owned.

It is always comical to me to hear the normal MA players go there "for a few sorties" and get there arse handed to them. That just proves how much they suk.

I have said before and I will say it again...if you THINK your good go to the lake and fly in at 5k. You will quickly find out how much you suk against the so called "baby seals"

Hell, I get bored these days in the MA...alt monkeys, running p51s and 190's, FH being dropped, vulching, long range flights...all of it. There is NOTHING going on at furball lake that isn't going on in the MA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To quote "if you can't handle the truth" then don't go there.

You don't have to fly into the middle and get ganged. There are ways of flying that will allow you to win. The only problem is everybody who is not familiar with the lake gets shot down after 3 min and then they whine like little girls because they got ganged.

I say get some skills or don't go to the lake. PERIOD.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »

You either can hang in there or not. Do not expect any fair fights. If you want a fair fight go to a field and make your rules.

"if you want a fair fight" has been repeaded on ch 200 in the MA so many times it should be inscribed in stone somewhere on a big mountain, so don't expect one on the lake.

Look people!!! The furball lake is NOT a place for whimps. IT IS WHAT IT IS....whole squads ganging, flying perk rides, alt monkeys...all of it.

Agent sais if you go you better "BRING IT" cause if you don't your going to get owned.

It is always comical to me to hear the normal MA players go there "for a few sorties" and get there arse handed to them. That just proves how much they suk.

I have said before and I will say it again...if you THINK your good go to the lake and fly in at 5k. You will quickly find out how much you suk against the so called "baby seals"

Hell, I get bored these days in the MA...alt monkeys, running p51s and 190's, FH being dropped, vulching, long range flights...all of it. There is NOTHING going on at furball lake that isn't going on in the MA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to fly into the middle and get ganged. There are ways of flying that will allow you to win. The only problem is everybody who is not familiar with the lake gets shot down after 3 min and then they whine like little girls because they got ganged.

+5

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 12:01:48 AM »

Exactly what I was doing last night after a little assimilation.  I'm not even sure I had 5K as I was diving off the field. 

Mostly I would say they were baby seals at the lake.  It seemed I was consistantly able to turn 3-4 of them into my forward view.  I can't count the number that tried to run from my Spit V and I even out-turned a Hurri II until he tried to run...  :rofl

There were 50 people when I logged in and all but 5-6 were at the lake.  Bish were outnumbered about 4:1-6:1 on the lake so I always knew it was just going to be a matter of time but I had fun nonetheless.  I even dropped the Spit V for my last sortie and jumped in a Spit I because I wanted a bigger challenge.

Anyway it is what it is and IMO it's fun but I don't see any reason to keep stats in there.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 12:17:17 AM »
Agent

Can't handle what truth?  That one thousand lemmings somehow make good gameplay?  One thousand monkeys typing up a dogfighting scenario will consistently strike the right keys to make a coherent fight sequence?  Unpredictable variations?
"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
What kind of mediocratic bs is that?  :confused:
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 12:40:31 AM »

I guess you're entitled to be incorrect on more than a few points above.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »
DA is what it is.

Did you misquote or misread?
Check in future.
You would hardly think to get 5 words wrong - none of them have more than 4 letters.
Or perhaps you were quoting someone else - either way it was written as a quote.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:53:01 AM by Threeup »
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline strong10

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 01:49:07 AM »

I don't think anyone is complaining how hard it is in the DA in these posts.  The DA furball lake fighting is mostly a bunch of guys who are usually easy to beat as long as you can keep them in 1's, 2's, or 3's even with no E advantage.  Sure there are good players there, but few that are DA only guys.  I've had better fights in the TA than a lot of the fights in the DA.    
  I would rather people take this stuff more seriously to get better at it and be a better fight than the DA usually gives you.
  I would prefer more and better 'computer sticks' in the MA than those potential 'better stick' yet to be, languishing in the minimal skill required DA mosh pit..  

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 08:03:33 AM »

Did you misquote or misread?
Check in future.
You would hardly think to get 5 words wrong - none of them have more than 4 letters.
Or perhaps you were quoting someone else - either way it was written as a quote.

Do you normally talk to yourself? 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »
Agent

Can't handle what truth?  That one thousand lemmings somehow make good gameplay?  One thousand monkeys typing up a dogfighting scenario will consistently strike the right keys to make a coherent fight sequence?  Unpredictable variations?
"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
What kind of mediocratic bs is that?  :confused:

I am not saying Furball lake is either good or bad. Judge the players as you like...lemmings... monkeys...as the saying goes "any squirrel can find a nut sometimes". So what. The fact is if you happen to be the nut the squirrel finds well I guess THATS YOUR FAULT!

What I am saying is that regardless of how you judge the players at the lake the fact remains..."it is what it is". I wish I didn't have to wait in line at the store. I wish I didn't have to work. I wish I didn't have to deal with my crazy wife....etc. But like Furball lake it is always there...so deal with it or just don't go there.

As for the truth. My statement stands. You either can handle the lake or not. The players that fly there frequently may be a bunch of ganging, hoing, alt monkey retards. But that is not an excuse for anyone who gets shot down there.

The term "Gladiator Areana" is right on. You either live or die there. PERIOD. You want to fly in there and own the do so. You want to land those kills to further rub it their face. Do So.

But whining like little girls because the players there didn't fight like you wanted them to ...well thats just as lame as they are.

All this whining about furball lake is just a bunch of crap.

I am gonna say it AGAIN....all you "aces" out there will be reduced to whimpering little girls 5 min at the lake unless you face the fact that flying there is not easy. You can fight one ace or 5 lemmings. The result will be the same....you die....unless you learn to survive in the lake.

Surviving at the lake....well friends that is a matter of summoning all of your acquired ACM skill and applying in an environment of ruthless, back stabbing, low down, dirty, kill or be killed bad guys.

If one does not have the ability to hack it in a low down, back stabbing street fight, then I recommend you don't go out into the street.

As the saying goes.."You can either run with the big dogs or sit on the porch with the puppies". Now, you can call them puppies "lemmings", monkeys", or what ever you want but until you can shoot them down and stay alive until you land you are just a puppie like the rest of them.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:58:25 PM by Agent360 »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
I am not saying Furball lake is either good or bad. Judge the players as you like...lemmings... monkeys...as the saying goes "any squirrel can find a nut sometimes". So what. The fact is if you happen to be the nut the squirrel finds well I guess THATS YOUR FAULT!

What I am saying is that regardless of how you judge the players at the lake the fact remains..."it is what it is". I wish I didn't have to wait in line at the store. I wish I didn't have to work. I wish I didn't have to deal with my crazy wife....etc. But like Furball lake it is always there...so deal with it or just don't go there.

As for the truth. My statement stands. You either can handle the lake or not. The players that fly there frequently may be a bunch of ganging, hoing, alt monkey retards. But that is not an excuse for anyone who gets shot down there.

The term "Gladiator Areana" is right on. You either live or die there. PERIOD. You want to fly in there and own the do so. You want to land those kills to further rub it their face. Do So.

But whining like little girls because the players there didn't fight like you wanted them to ...well thats just as lame as they are.

All this whining about furball lake is just a bunch of crap.

I am gonna say it AGAIN....all you "aces" out there will be reduced to whimpering little girls 5 min at the lake unless you face the fact that flying there is not easy. You can fight one ace or 5 lemmings. The result will be the same....you die....unless you learn to survive in the lake.

Surviving at the lake....well friends that is a matter of summoning all of your acquired ACM skill and applying in an environment of ruthless, back stabbing, low down, dirty, kill or be killed bad guys.

If one does not have the ability to hack it in a low down, back stabbing street fight, then I recommend you don't go out into the street.

As the saying goes.."You can either run with the big dogs or sit on the porch with the puppies". Now, you can call them puppies "lemmings", monkeys", or what ever you want but until you can shoot them down and stay alive until you land you are just a puppie like the rest of them.

:aok

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 11:01:41 PM »
Now, you can call them puppies "lemmings", monkeys", or what ever you want but unitl you can shoot them down and stay alive until you land you are just a puppie like the rest of them.

Personally I don't see any point to landing in the DA at all... ever... and I had several opportunities to do so the other night but chose to remain testing my SA and ACM.  I guess if you need the WTG's then that's your personal preference but don't go calling someone who sees no point in landing DA kills for an ego boost a "puppy".

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 11:06:32 PM »
Furball lake was like beating down a bunch of turds on a h2h server.  Id rather work reversals on some 20k MA Tempest.