Author Topic: Why dont more people play axis v allies  (Read 5276 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why dont more people play axis v allies
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »
(which is probably why the Pigs On the Wing didn't like it, although I do not really know so I put my totally uneducated guess here). 

I touched up your remark B4Buster as it seems it was missing something.  We are not the Squad you think we are B4Buster.  I sincerely ask you to come visit on vox sometime Sir.  See for yourself.  Base capture entails maybe 20-30 percent of the Pigs squad time, the rest is spent in total Pig anarchy with no real aim or goal other than getting into a good fight on land, sea or air.  As far as porking (which you think would come naturally to a Pig) it is only done to slow an advancing enemy when needed.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »
Do they have short range icons and no radar bleeps on AvA?I like that about FSO.

"Hey! what is with this 190 vs P-47 setup?  Were is the spit16!"   :rolleyes:

I've never seen anything more glorified in this game than the FSO and that's only one night a week where you can go watch the paint dry.  Yet the AvA is open 24/7.

Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 01:54:50 PM »
Do they have short range icons and radar bleeps on AvA?I like that about FSO.

yes short range icons, as for bleeps just the standard MA style radar when I have been in there.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »
Yea,I would be more into it if no radar,I like having to keep my wits about me all the time.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:17 PM »
I've seen it like that in there a few times, only problem was we were running across the sector looking for each other without luck. Then there's been times with no Dar Bar so you could fly above bad guys and never know it, kept it interesting but hard to find a fight if you were looking for it

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »
I imagine it would need people in the number of MA or FSO to be able to do that and find a fight then.But i imagine AvA is more like taking a certain base so you know where the fight is? As opposed to just random fighting?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »
Depends who is on, seems like most look down upon base taking in the AVA and most the time it's turned off. So your basically looking for a furball if larry isn't running his wednesday mission.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »
Depends who is on, seems like most look down upon base taking in the AVA and most the time it's turned off. So your basically looking for a furball if larry isn't running his wednesday mission.

...er...um....base taking is almost never "turned off" in AvA.  Battle of Britain setups, perhaps, because the Battle of Britain was pre-invasion kind of stuff (ask any Englishman).  If a map can be porked too easily, or if for some reason we are discouraging milk running during off hours, we will often increase the number of troops required to take a base.  Otherwise base capture is usually the same as in the MAs.  Look at the bottom of the MOTD, the number of troops required to take the base usually appears there.

Best way to find a fight:  Announce yourself on Channel 200 and say "Hey, where's the fight?"  You'll almost always get an accurate answer within seconds.  Alternatively, do what I've occasionally done when I visit one of the other low-attendance arenas, and announce (again on 200) "Just took off from [base name] in a [aircraft type], headed for [opposition base], come stop me!"  This won't work for people like Larry and N7, but when I try it it draws enemy a/c like flies to...er...honey.

- oldman

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 03:19:11 PM »
it suks......................sor ry
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »

Anyway AvA I realise is where I want to be but with lots of like minded people and so this is my campaign now. Wish me Luck ;)

Well heres a man that knows what he wants and might even have a pretty good idea of how to get it.  If you can gather up a few other like minded individuals from both sides, I think ya got a chance.  Don't count on the nay say'ers though as they will only bring you down. Once it gets rolling though I think you'll find that there always was an interest in AVA but it's just having a hard time trying to find it's way off the ground.

WTFG Yarbles!!

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »
I touched up your remark B4Buster as it seems it was missing something.  We are not the Squad you think we are B4Buster.  I sincerely ask you to come visit on vox sometime Sir.  See for yourself.  Base capture entails maybe 20-30 percent of the Pigs squad time, the rest is spent in total Pig anarchy with no real aim or goal other than getting into a good fight on land, sea or air.  As far as porking (which you think would come naturally to a Pig) it is only done to slow an advancing enemy when needed.

Have visited you guys many times, and nothing against you all. I think most of you are great guys. Whenever I have flown with the Pigs, they were rolling bases. A game style that isn't the norm in the AvA.  Rolling bases is nothing to be ashamed of though
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
Hey thanks!  I tightened the tension on my throttle to make it a bit more of a workout while playing! :rofl

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »
Have visited you guys many times, and nothing against you all. I think most of you are great guys.

CC that.  Well you are certainly welcome anytime Sir.

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

The AvA isn't the MA or SEA. Its the AvA. The people who say 'its just like the MA' are the ones that come in there ganging or HOing people then expect not to have it happen to them. A few weeks ago shreck and his squad came into the arena. There first sortie I ran into them I was already fighing a spit in my 110 when three or four came into gang. The next sortie I was in another 110 fighting a F4U. The second the F4U lost the advantage he ran for his buddies. Soon after that they were vulching our field. The next day he was complaining that we were HOing them while all this was happening.

Simple fact is if you come in there flying like that you will get the same attitude right back, but if you come in there and respect how other people fly then you wont have a problem.

As for Yarbles, BS you forgot a thread YOU started a month ago that got 100+ replies. You just want to stir the AvA pot some more and I hope skuzzy deals with you.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
Have been lookin at using it for squad night type ops, but usually from zero to only a few in there.

Things have changed alot over the years, and long gone are the days of freindly squadron rivalry type fights.  Have been lookin for a squad or 2 to have an evening with some good fights and wingman type stuff and always considered the AVA as a good place for an evening.  But the few times I have check it out, only a few in there.

Also, I would think that alot of people are somewhat put off by having to be cornered into a certain plane set.  If 10 or 15 ever feel like doin just some back and forth rolling furballs, let us know.  Doesnt really matter on the set or side, just looking for some fun for a night.
AKKaz
Arabian Knights