Author Topic: Creators Play?  (Read 4505 times)

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Creators Play?
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:03 AM »
I am just curious.... with such a great game do those who made it, run it, and keep it going actually play anymore?  I never see "Pyro landed 6 victories in an RV-8 of the AH Creators"  I never see "Skuzzy shot you down -- come back when you are worthy" messages.  I have never had the pleasure of shooting down "HiTech".  And, since Waffle joined up, I have not seen him in the sky.

Or have I?    Do the HTC employees still log on and play the game but under a nom de plume?

It is great that they put such effort into providing the entertainment that we sometimes take for granted, but I would really like to know if they still get the pleasure of playing themselves.

So how about it guys/gals...... Do you still play and are you willing to divulge under what name?

Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Creators Play?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:26:25 AM »
I heard they come on under the name MidEvil or Tripl5
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »
I am just curious.... with such a great game do those who made it, run it, and keep it going actually play anymore? 

I saw Waffle online a few times after he started working at HTC, but the poor guy was so molested (some complaining, some just being friendly) it couldn't of been that much fun for him.

Hitech was often on the squad channel of my first AH squad, but that stopped some time ago.

Skuzzy still owes me a night in the Main Arena flying P38s for the 'Princess Ginger' incident. Besides, it is about time the Grand Exalted Ruler of the Consortium of 12 ex officio of SAPP makes an appearance.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 01:03:53 AM »
I had some dweeb named HiTech flying behind me in the beta arena the first day.   ;)  I've also seen Waffle and Pyro on rare occasions.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 01:20:24 AM »
Aside from betas, conventions, and such, I haven't seen anyone from HT on in a while. Used to run into Waffle periodically, but I think the game is probably far less fun when it's your job, and people are squeaking at you constantly.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 01:25:11 AM »
I heard they come on under the name MidEvil or Tripl5

Am I the only one that thought this was funny?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 01:55:16 AM »
Am I the only one that thought this was funny?
Rook in joke
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 02:01:52 AM »
Been a while, but seen most of them in random arenas.  Seen HiTech in DA and MW, He lost his Uber Tempest to another dweeb. :P
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 05:04:34 AM »
I think we should take the fact that HiTech had to have people explain to him what fields looked like at one of the convention Q&A sessions when someone complained about the clustered VHs at VBases as a clue to how much HiTech plays. He never even knew that the ack in towns was the 88mm puffy until someone brought it up at that convention (at which point he put it on the fix list).
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:51 AM »
I've seen them playing just a handful of times. When they are on they're constantly hounded and bombarded with silly questions. If I were them I'd play under a shade name. But this game is their jobs. When 5 oclock comes around they're probably sick of it for the day.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 06:04:40 AM »
Hitech flew with the Allies in the DGS Scenario in a Mustang.  He had a 262 kill at one point.  He was flying under a different ID
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 06:39:13 AM »
Used to see Hitech & Skuzzy winging together in the other Sim.  I expect they were hunting Wildbill  :rofl

Years ago you would see them in here but the hassle they get is incredible ....PM's 200 and the like.  Hence skuzzy's "arena reset in 10 min...puuuffff" short announcements.

In another post Hitech said they use shades when playing / testing.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 06:59:10 AM »
Uhmm,..was not me.  Pyro maybe.  I was not part of this mad house scene until Aces High came around.  And there is no way HiTech would ever allow me to wing with him.  I am too bad of a pilot.  At one time, I think his comment was, "you have to be the worst pilot I have ever seen".

If you want to be a bad pilot, I am your perfect role model.  :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 07:02:37 AM »
I would love a shot at HT. Just to give him a pilot wound.
I dont even care if I loose the fight. So long as I get to give him a pilot wound  :rofl

Skuzzy. You can wing with me if you want.
I need fresh bait  ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:04:08 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 07:26:14 AM »
I imagine they must have shades. (don't go out on a witch hunt)

I remember about a year or so ago, it wasn't uncommon to see Waffle or Superfly in the arena. I remember one particular incident when Waffle was sniping my osti with a B-25H from 3K away or so. Was getting me pretty ticked  :mad:  :lol
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:28:10 AM by B4Buster »
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B