Author Topic: Creators Play?  (Read 4501 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Creators Play?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 04:51:30 AM »
Uhmm,..was not me.  Pyro maybe.  I was not part of this mad house scene until Aces High came around.  And there is no way HiTech would ever allow me to wing with him.  I am too bad of a pilot.  At one time, I think his comment was, "you have to be the worst pilot I have ever seen".

If you want to be a bad pilot, I am your perfect role model.  :)

well then skuzzy I guess I am your protege.... hence the arena name "LawnDart"

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 06:29:01 AM »
I see a superfly every now and again, not sure if it's the one that works for HTC though...

I remember Vanscrew complaining to superfly during a Joker mission, only thing vans got in reply was "Stop Crying"  :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:31 AM »
I remember when Flayed1 found where HiTech kept air-spawning his flying PT boat. Flayed flew circles in his B26 "gunship" popping HiTech repeatedly when he appeared.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »
I remember seeing Skuzzy in the Beta arena. Just on the roster though, I didn't care to look for him in the air.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »
I started playing online flight sims around 1991 I believe. There are times like scenarios I have had fun playing with some old time friends who started playing at the same time. But when you turn a hobby into a job, a lot of the fun of the hobby is not the same. The biggest thing you loose is being able to be yourself.

I was given the name HiTech on my first professional job after Collage. You make friends with who you are, and your name is part of that. In the arena today there is really no way I can play as HiTech. Think of what it would be like for you, if you went to play a game to relieve stress and have fun, and 5 people are complaining about something to you. It very quickly kills the reason you were playing in the first place.

I do on occasion fly under my alias. But for 2 years until this past January my life was very busy dating my now wife. The other thing that removes the immersion for me, is that when ever I fly I always see things I want to change in the game. (do not ask, the list is longer than any wish list here).

HiTech

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 02:51:01 PM »
I was given the name HiTech on my first professional job after Collage. You make friends with who you are, and your name is part of that.

I understand how that works. There's been a few games that I decided not to play because this ID was too short or somehow didn't fit the requirements.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 02:55:20 PM »
I hope you still get some enjoyment out of your involvment in this industry/hobby, HiTech.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 03:11:16 PM »
But when you turn a hobby into a job, a lot of the fun of the hobby is not the same.

That's why I didn't go into Gynecology.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 03:24:15 PM »
:rofl
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 04:26:58 PM »
The biggest thing you loose is being able to be yourself.

Gabba Gabba, we accept you, one of us!

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »
The other thing that removes the immersion for me, is that when ever I fly I always see things I want to change in the game. (do not ask, the list is longer than any wish list here).

HiTech

So you want the B-29 too?  With a nook!   :x

LOL

<S> DuHasst
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »

I do on occasion fly under my alias. But for 2 years until this past January my life was very busy dating my now wife. The other thing that removes the immersion for me, is that when ever I fly I always see things I want to change in the game. (do not ask, the list is longer than any wish list here).

HiTech

Not meaning in any any to sound disrespectful.
But it seems to me that is one of the big reasons you should play. Maybe not for hours on end every day. But frequent enough to maintain a feel for whats going on in the game.

We can rant and rave all we want. and some of our rants may be valid and some may not. But unless your regularly involved in actually being in the game. You are primarily going by what people say or show you on film. Or what your staff reports to you.  And and while helpful. Thats just not the same as experiencing these things yourself personally.

As Patton used to say. "One first hand observation is worth 1,000 reports."

I know I know. Your probably your own worst critic. Im the same way in my business and thats a good thing to be.
The trick is in knowing where and when to stop and say "enough." And what things really should be done.
Cause sometimes. The more you try to fix something. The more screwed up it becomes.

You see things you want to change. Thats what you have new releases and patches for. Then maybe that list wouldnt be so long :)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
Heck if you see something you want to change... shoot it :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 09:37:27 PM »
Back in the day, the community was small enough that when the crew talked in blue text they were taking questions, and when they weren't...they were playing the game so leave them alone.  Was fun fighting the FUBAR squad once in awhile  :salute

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »

I do on occasion fly under my alias. But for 2 years until this past January my life was very busy dating my now wife.
HiTech

Even the King is subject to the most deadly aspect of Aces High..........WIFE ACK!!!!! :eek:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.