Author Topic: A rich man's sport  (Read 1443 times)

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
Re: A rich man's sport
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2009, 02:43:49 AM »
AH subscription $15
HighSpeed Int access $50
Good Joystick $100
Decent Computer $300 +
Blowing people to hell for hours at a time Priceless
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 04:28:06 AM »
This issue seems to be purely you, from what I have seen all the graphics have taken large steps forward

Send me a PM and I'll give you my address.  You can come over to my house and fly with my graphics settings and see if you still have the same opinion.  :aok

My computer is four years old.  It runs it just fine at resolutions far higher than most people play and at max detail.

Your computer was close to top of the line then four years ago, congratulations.
If your system cannot handle this game

My system can handle this game, just not with 'advanced terrain'.

you are on a business computer or have such an ancient system as to make your requests ridiculous.  You don't have to upgrade every year or two, but at least two or three times a decade.

What requests have I made?  Please, search for an unreasonable request (if I even made one) and let me know so I can eat my crow. 

Everything I have stated is absolute fact.  The graphics in the new version on low end graphics settings are much worse than the low end settings on the earlier version.  Unless you're going to tell me that this is an upgrade...

But like I said, I found settings that aren't quite this bad to run good enough, but the older graphics were still much better.  Gheesh, it's a great upgrade for most of the players, I've already said that.  It wouldn't kill you to at least acknowledge the fact the graphics became worse for low end computers.  I don't even care anymore, I can see enemies on the deck better now because of the full one color green that the entire terrain is.   :lol

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 05:11:19 AM »
My apologies, it seems I misread your post, as I thought you were saying that the graphics were worse for everyone, not just low end users. That being the case, have you posted a DX Diag. Report anywhere on the forums? I'd be interested in seeing it to see if there is a viable solution to your problem.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 05:20:45 AM »
My apologies, it seems I misread your post, as I thought you were saying that the graphics were worse for everyone, not just low end users. That being the case, have you posted a DX Diag. Report anywhere on the forums? I'd be interested in seeing it to see if there is a viable solution to your problem.

No problem.  There's no software fix for my graphical problems.  New mobo + video card needed.  Then again I feel like putting anymore money into this old system is foolish.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2009, 05:29:51 AM »
No problem.  There's no software fix for my graphical problems.  New mobo + video card needed.  Then again I feel like putting anymore money into this old system is foolish.

Even if it is a hardware restriction problem, you might not need to put in as much money as you might think. I can't make any promises since I don't know the specs. of your computer yet, but I don't think it would hurt to check.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2009, 07:34:07 AM »
My computer is four years old.  It runs it just fine at resolutions far higher than most people play and at max detail.  If your system cannot handle this game then either you are on a business computer or have such an ancient system as to make your requests ridiculous.  You don't have to upgrade every year or two, but at least two or three times a decade.

till i got my new system a few months ago, i was flying on a 6 year old computer.......1.2ghz with less than 2 gig of ram.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)