Author Topic: Gaming the game  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Gaming the game
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »
Tool, I know exactly what your saying.  It does seem to help in a tight turn to raise the nose up even when you got the stick all the way back.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »
.....rope being let out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:07:22 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2009, 03:03:57 PM »
When i was testing the 38 it seemed once I hit the K key and held it I was able to release almost all pressure from the stick and it did a perfect loop a lot faster and tighter than I could have manually.
So it's trim's fault you can't pull a proper loop in a P38?

EDIT IN BLUE

Another thing I just found out is that some of the best sticks in the game use the MAGIC K KEY to turn faster and tighter than most people when traveling AT TOP SPEED plus it will help you avoid auguring into the ground at high speed due to compression. Seems the K key over rules why we have compression in the first place and I'm not sure our guys had that ability in real life.

Although I wish I knew about it before I left the game and probably would have used it, I think it should be disabled. It's an unfair, game the game type advantage for those who know how to use it.

You didn't change your point here at all... you didn't missphrase anything the first time... the only thing you did here was try to mask your point and throw off responsibility for your what you actually mean by trying to be more vague. 'Suggesting' something instead of coming out and saying it. Like a politician :aok And it only works when you initially say something.

Anyway...
Seems the K key over rules why we have compression in the first place and I'm not sure our guys had that ability in real life.
It was used in real life, by 109 pilots at least.

"Sarantola recalled that the MT was a very stable plane, but not the most maneuverable. The stick forces were quite large and elevator trim was used quite frequently while maneuvering.
MT was easy to fly and overall a safe plane. Flying and landing was easy."
- Olli Sarantola, Finnish fighter pilot. Source: Blitz '01 - Meeting With The Veterans by Finnish Virtual Pilots Association.

Me 109 G-2/G-6:
- How heavy did the Me controls get at different speeds?
"It got heavy, but you could use the flettner. It was nothing special, but a big help.
Once in '43, there was a Boston III above the Gulf of Finland. I went after it, and we went to clouds at 500 meters. Climbing, climbing, climbing and climbing, all the way to seven kilometers, and it was just more and more clouds. It got so dark that I lost sight. I turned back down, and saw the Russkie diving too. Speed climbed to 700 km/h. I wondered how it'd turn out. I pulled with all my strength when emerging from the clouds, then used the flettner. I was 50 meters above sea when I got it to straighten out. "
- Did the roll capabilites change?
"Not so much. It got stiffer, but you still could bank. "
- Were you still in full control at high speeds, like at 600-700 km/h?
"Yes. "
- How about slow and medium speeds, could you do stunts?
"Yes, but it was heavier than the earlier planes (Fokker D.XXI, Curtiss Hawk 75). But better in combat. I got to fly the Hornet simulator last summer. That stick moved only little. "
- Mauno Fräntilä, Finnish fighter ace. 5 1/2 victories. Source: Interview by Finnish Virtual Pilots Association: Chief Warrant Officer Mauno Fräntilä.

(Something lost in translation here? I know he 109 had flettner trim tabs on the rudder but I thought the whole horizontal tailplane moved for elevator trim? I'm no expert on the subject...)

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/109myths/#stickforce

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:18:15 PM by Motherland »