Author Topic: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made  (Read 12075 times)

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
Re: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »

Works and looks great on my comp. .
IN
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 01:07:56 PM »

I gave it some time and read each line but to take this too seriously would sure be a crime.

Hehe, yes, we all agree his post was trash, but it's still funny to see someone get ripped on for complaining about poor quality gameplay by people who do nothing but complain about poor quality gameplay. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
Same here. (still suk though)

Hah... so do I.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
Hehe, yes, we all agree his post was trash, but it's still funny to see someone get ripped on for complaining about poor quality gameplay by people who do nothing but complain about poor quality gameplay. ;)

yea :)

we're all hypocrits though aint we? if we didnt do the things or know of doing them we wouldnt comdem them so quickly.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »
No shoes?  

No shirt??

No Service!

This post reminded me of a guy from WBs who pissed all over HTC because WBs was whey better still...what what that dolts name?  same crap attitude.  Shet can him and all his pied piper wannabes.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:24:50 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »
Ya know, I've read several things that amount to complaints about HI Tech and AcesHighII so forth and so on. I would guess that I run the game on just about the oldest system in the Game. It's a bare bones kit from about 1999. I just recently added a new vid card, GeForce 6200, I know, still older than dirt vid card, but an upgrade for my system! lol. I've also added some Ram, 2gig. As you can see, quite an old system. For the most part however, game runs fine for me with verry few problems.

I've said that to say this. There's nothing wrong with the way the game is made, just those of us that play it!

Thanks, Dale.  I for one am a satisfied customer and have been for going on about 5 years now!  Keep it going.  :salute
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Stogie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".

Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.

All I got out of it was this paragraph.  I find this game very challenging.  The steep learning curve makes it a challenge every day.. or am I missing something?
80th FS "Headhunters"Nose Art

S.A.P.P.-Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots

Offline Demetrious

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »
I employ 28 folks..... it's my part of the job.

Yes, that compares quite well to national-level executive policy decisions that effect millions upon millions of people  :rofl

My point is that claiming that somebody's argument is inherently invalid because they are not an industry expert in what is being discussed is a sham argument. By that logic, since you are not an MMO development expert, your input on the topic is likewise invalid, rendering either of your claims worthless, and putting you on equal footing with somebody who is a troll.

I don't think I need to say why you don't want to do that.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
I would have to say to the OP....Find a part of the game you like...then find a squad that par-takes in that said field of play. I myself get frustrated...yes.... at a ganging...however I find a challenge in it and work to better my outcome each time. I will rant and rave but when all is said and done, it is my stupidity/stubborness/addiction to trying to beat the odds that causes this.
I have lately tried my hand at bombing....Quite a knack to it really(which I am a long way from mastering. I presently make new terrain), after which I will be gamey and stick around and try a dogfight in them..or as it turns out with it as I loose my drones quickly(usually just after take off).When I get better at bombing, maybe I'll try to get home with some damage points.

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »
Not a single one of you have read the initial topic that I posted within its context of thought. Well, maybe there are one or two of you that actually have read and give for substance as a matter of consideration. Go back and read the initial post. Think about what it is I am actually saying. Try to help "all", as a matter of consideration.

I go back a ways with this game, and the people I learned from, go back even further. Some of them go back to beginning of it it all. They are almost all gone now. Out of the 30 or so of them, there may be 3 of them left.

To me, this is an issue that needs to be addressed. Not the graphics, so much. Why do they leave? Huah? Not a single one of them left because they desire more fire, smoke, and flaming airplanes, etc etc. but they all, every single one of them left because of the game itself. This is not to say it is not the best game online, to me it is, but it is to say, the game can still be better. At least in my mind it could be. However, I do consider an old expression as well, I learned it from my dad,... "leave well enough alone". Also however, It does not hurt to toss around Ideas.

My idea is this. We got a Titanic Tuesday, how about a Mundane Monday. Its the dang maps. What sense does it make to have 100 plus bases and there are only 4 bases on the map being used? How about find a way to offer more opportunity for players who want to do the many different things in a "reasonable" way. Having to race 15 green guys to be the first one to grab a vulch taking off from an attacked base is not my idea of fun. It also is about the only thing I can find to do that makes any sense, and it disgusts me to do it as well.

Mundane Monday. I say somebody make a map that is a map like no other. Mix things up a bit, if only just to test and see what happens. It would at least offer a new sense of interest, if nothing else.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:35:19 PM by Clutz »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »

I say somebody make a map that is a map like none other.

Sure, go do it! :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2009, 02:31:58 PM »
Original Reply
Not a single one of you have read the initial topic that I posted within its context of thought. Well, maybe there are one or two of you that actually have read and give for substance as a matter of consideration. Go back and read the initial post. Think about what it is I am actually saying. Try to help "all", as a matter of consideration.

I go back a ways with this game, and the people I learned from, go back even further. Some of them go back to beginning of it it all. They are almost all gone now. Of of the 30 or so of them, there may be 3 of them left.

To me, this is an issue that needs to be addressed. Not the graphics, so much. Why do they leave? Huah? Not a single one of them left because they desire more fire, smoke, and flaming airplanes, etc etc. but they all, every single one of them left because of the game itself. This is not to say it is not the best game online, to me it is, but it is to say, the game can still be better. At least in my mind it could be. However, to do consider an old expression as well, I learned it from my dad, "leave well enough alone". Also however, It does not hurt to toss around Ideas.

My idea is this. We got a Titanic Tuesday, how about a Mundane Monday. Its the dang maps. What sense does it make to have 100 plus bases and there are only 4 bases on the map being used? How about find a way to offer more opportunity for players who want to do the many different things in a "reasonable" way. Having to race 15 green guys to be the first one to grab a vulch taking off from an attached base is not my idea of fun. It also is about the only thing I can find to do that makes any sense, and it disgusts me to do it as well.

Mundane Monday. I say somebody make a map that is a map like none other. Mix things up a bit, if only just to test and see what happens. It would offer at least a sense of interest, if nothing else.

Now
Every single one of you are missing the point. Go back and read the initial topic.  Players are leaving the game. Most of the old school vets are gone. There are fewer players today then there was 4 years ago. I am pretty sure about that.

How many play the game now? 4K? Maybe 5K? That is what it has always been since I have been around.

My point is this. The planes and all are so very cool, but there is not a gaming atmosphere in which to use them.This frustrates me. I may be out and about in my dweeb spit, and find a killer in a p38, and to me, wow, that means game on, fun stuff. Yet, 3 turns into it, 8 morons fly into it and game is not on. There never was a game.

Graphic updates will not keep people from leaving this game. The game needs fixing. Not the graphics.

You're missing the point.

1.)  You are naive to think this latest installment of updates is "to blame".  
2.)  I've been playing longer than you and many "old school vets" have left NOT because of "updates" or "out of date PC's".    But because they were "at this deal" since 1996 and got burned out.    

3.)  There are just as many players, the number is amoebic.  
4.)  You're the one who "needs the clue and do more reading", not some of us.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:50:55 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
I say somebody make a map that is a map like no other. Mix things up a bit, if only just to test and see what happens. It would at least offer a new sense of interest, if nothing else.

Can't wait to see what you come up with ... after all, your ideas of "mixing things up a bit" may not be what someone else would consider "mixing things up a bit" as evidenced by your disgust of what the current maps have to offer.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »
4 countries maybe? hhhmmmmm. Just kidding.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »
4 countries maybe? hhhmmmmm. Just kidding.

There has been debate about this for years now. I say four countries would be better. Either that, or more base separation, instead of each of the countries owning a third of the map.