Author Topic: Kill Thieves  (Read 5728 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Kill Thieves
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »
I'm Bumping this because I think it's one of the best threads ever made here.....and it always seems to bring up impassioned responses.  would dig hearing some others chime in on this who have not participated...and/or from any of you who may have changed your mind since your original responses.

First, Holy Necro-Bump. What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? (Sorry, but I get that kind of response every time I bump a thread). By taking my frustration with that response out on you now, I figure the score now stands at something like:

Me: 1
The World: 1

Since I got called just about every name in the book for a bump I did a while back. It's amazing what people can read into your character from a bump. For example, did you know that asking for something in a bumped thread means that you're impatient, immature, of unsound character, and untrustworthy around minors? Try to get that DNA out of your clown suit, my good man, else, next thing you know, you're on the sexual predator list.

Second,
Thank you, thank you... it was a good thread when I started it, it's a good thread now.

You're all kill stealers and thread-bumping perverts - which is not to say a bad sort of people.

Oddly, in the intervening months, as I've seen my k/d something like double (but still less than 1, sadly) from the usual noob multiple, I have not run into this issue at all - although I did get annoyed one day with Lute. He doesn't know it, though I made ref to it here a while back. It just seemed like every time I got on someone's six, I'd see a stream of tracers magically appear from somewhere above or below me. Inevitably, it was more accurate than my own. I can't complain, after all, you don't always get a learning opp like that. It just felt like being close enough to whiff the cigar - just in time to be DENIED the cigar.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2010, 07:17:22 AM »
Well i can say it happened to me earlier today.    :furious

Yeah, though I shot up a couple of Pony in my g-14 the other day. I'd just killed a 26 and wanted the multiple just to land it but had exhausted my ammo. The 51 had lost parts and was leaking but I was done and had to rtb. Deakon was above and closed on the Pony. I encouraged him. He blew its wing off. I vox'ed, "let's see who they give it to". They awarded it me. I'm assuming under the new model you record some level of damage on the target and they divvy kill/assist based on rrelative level.

Anyway, usually I'm helped by someone coming in and finishing. My squaddie finished an A6m for me the other day as well.

OTOH, Pawz and Mk84 got into it the other day over a 190 kill. Pawz was on the guy's six and MK came in and b n z'ed the guy. Pawz got on 200 and called MK a dork or some such name. MK responded with some form of "fellate me, good sir" and a "next time, I'll let him kill you."

That's all light stuff but, imj, kill stealing isn't that big an issue. If Pawz hadn't closed the deal from the 6, MK had a better position - as was supported by the empirical FACT that MK got the kill quicker.

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2010, 07:54:46 AM »
While I was flying AH I always called off other friendly planes when I saw it was burning ( bombers mostly) so the guy could have his kill. I my self a few times stole a kill accidentlly when I fired at range 400 meters out in a high G turn not seeing the other guy hidden by my wings. I heard his dismay and I said I was sorry I didn't see you. If you say your sorry that may be the end of it most times but there are some out there that just plain don't care and will reply I don't see your name on it so I kill it. I have had several taken from me and I just say oh man lost another kill but all in all I landed my share of kills in the past. You just have to keep your head up and eyes out and shoot straight the kills will come in due time.

Whoa, whoa, and triple whoa, here...

Gaboon, are you not the SAME Gaboon who started THIS thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,287204.0.html ?

So what happened?

False withdrawal is always risky.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »
D9s split-S ing, P51s diving . . . . sounds like a real fun furball  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »
D9s split-S ing, P51s diving . . . . sounds like a real fun furball  :rofl

I'm so glad you're entertained. You could've called it an extended, kind of widely-spread, furball. There was a 262 up there as well. It wasn't like a Hurri/Brewi/Spitty kind of thing. The alt was a little "elevated" too. I still think of that as a bit of an odd fight. I'd still call it fun, though. The clear implication to what you've stated is that there must be tight sustained turning for fun to take place.

I disagree.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2010, 08:44:05 AM »
I The clear implication to what you've stated is that there must be tight sustained turning for fun to take place.

I disagree.

Why do you disagree?  Makes it so mach easier for a D9 to give the turning guy a lesson in acm and SA  :D

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2010, 09:19:17 AM »
Why do you disagree?  Makes it so mach easier for a D9 to give the turning guy a lesson in acm and SA  :D

I'm not sure where you're going here.

Funny thing, though, is I love all this localized whining about the Spitfire. When I check my stats, I think 51D is the one that kills has me at the worst ratio - and usually because of breakdowns in my own SA. That I get killed by the "pick and run" special, whether I'm in the g-14 or d-9, makes me wonder why there isn't more whining about the Pony. Most Spits can be found low and slow - where you can avoid 'em. Not so the Pony, d9, Typh, Temp, etc. Do away with icons and the advantage shifts even more heavily in favor of speed and firepower.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2010, 09:27:37 AM »
I'm not sure where you're going here.

Funny thing, though, is I love all this localized whining about the Spitfire. When I check my stats, I think 51D is the one that kills has me at the worst ratio - and usually because of breakdowns in my own SA. That I get killed by the "pick and run" special, whether I'm in the g-14 or d-9, makes me wonder why there isn't more whining about the Pony. Most Spits can be found low and slow - where you can avoid 'em. Not so the Pony, d9, Typh, Temp, etc. Do away with icons and the advantage shifts even more heavily in favor of speed and firepower.

That is easy to answer, I think.  Typh and Temp dont have numbers.  You don;t encounter them that often and most people cant fight in them .  They are ground attack after all.  The 51 kills you because the D9 is an interceptor, not a dog fighter.  It can fly very fast very straight (as the P51), however if a 51 caches you, it can maneuver better than your D9.  So, in a fight, it will kill you. 

Its like NASCAR.  You can make left turns all day long but once the 51 (or anything else for that matter) forces you to make a right, you are lost bahahahahaahahah  :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »
That is easy to answer, I think.  Typh and Temp dont have numbers.  You don;t encounter them that often and most people cant fight in them .  They are ground attack after all.  The 51 kills you because the D9 is an interceptor, not a dog fighter.  It can fly very fast very straight (as the P51), however if a 51 caches you, it can maneuver better than your D9.  So, in a fight, it will kill you. 

Its like NASCAR.  You can make left turns all day long but once the 51 (or anything else for that matter) forces you to make a right, you are lost bahahahahaahahah  :rofl :rofl :rofl

THAT'S why  I fly the g14 more, now. What I give up in speed (not that much  - ~20 mph at alt) I feel I get back in some turning ability. I'm painfully aware of the d-9s weakness as a dogfighter. You can only make up for so much of it using a vert/roll immie.

I.E. the answer to "how long can you use vertical + roll to turn with a Pony" is "until I stall" or "until I crash"  - and either one results in a dead Dora pilot. And, of course, you can't run 'em since the speed advantage isn't - at least w/r the Pony. 

I'm painfully aware of the g14's sustained turn limitations as well but given it's E income and climb rate, you can do a lot of climb and swoop and you can also stay on a 6 for a longer time without having to worry so much about energy loss. Once the E is gone in the d-9, you're pretty well at someone else's mercy.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2010, 09:40:59 AM »
Actually, the 14 without the gondies is not bad at all vs a 51.  A lot will depend on the e states at the merge (if there is one) and the pilot stiles, but you have a good chance in it.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2010, 10:10:34 AM »
Actually, the 14 without the gondies is not bad at all vs a 51.  A lot will depend on the e states at the merge (if there is one) and the pilot stiles, but you have a good chance in it.

I've been flying most of the last couple of months WITH the gondos. It's a noticeable diff. As long as I SEE the Pony and avoid the HO or diving pass, I'm okay. The Pony can't sustain a climb (though it can zoom one, certainly) with the G14, I don't think even with the gondos. Turnwise, of course, I note that you can always seem to tighten your 109 up, even loaded with the hated wingpods, by dropping the nose a bit. The real danger for the 109 pilot, imj, is that the Pony just runs you - and comes back above you later. Indeed, pursuing the Pony gets pretty hard - you have to be used to using the trim. The Pony is comfortable at speeds at which the 109 will lock up.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »
Whoa, whoa, and triple whoa, here...

Gaboon, are you not the SAME Gaboon who started THIS thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,287204.0.html ?

So what happened?

False withdrawal is always risky.

While I was flying AH I always called off other friendly planes when I saw it was burning ( bombers mostly) so the guy could have his kill.

Read carefully before your rants.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »
Read carefully before your rants.

Ah, so sorry... So while Gaboon has sworn off AH, he still frequents the BBS.

That's sort of like owning the cow without getting the milk, isn't it? Getting the crabs without ...?

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2010, 12:33:05 PM »
Getting the crabs without ...?

drawn butter?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »
Hmmm I wonder why that HiTech character never gets Skuzzied  :D

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)