Author Topic: Surviving the MA lonewolf  (Read 6795 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Surviving the MA lonewolf
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 11:56:45 AM »
I think you've hit the nail on the head Stoney - It's the constant insulting rude statements that gall me and give me the impression that these people are just out to get people to fly their way - in ways that may play into their hands because of the dynamics of the different FM's - the plus and negative flight characteristics of different planes.

IE: Just because you HO does NOT mean you do not know proper ACM for the plane you are in - just becuse you do NOT furball with a lot of spits and zekes when you are in a 190A8 does not mean you are ignorant of how to properly fight your aircraft. Likely it means you know the strengths of your plane and are going to fight it that way and not give in to this constant pressure to enter into low altitude (below 10,000 heheh) slow furballs.

Those "fight" people are entitled to their thinking and I for one would never insist they change how they play (as they seem to insist people play their way).- actually their style plays into my style  - keep it up lads!!.

To me the fun IS in the WIN!! the KILL is everything!! I get a tremendous charge seeing pieces flying off and flames and hearing their screams as they fall to earth!! I couldn't care less about how I get it - never have and never will - their cartoon plane is "dead" and mine is "alive" - that's ALL that matters - and if they don't like it....TUFF TITTY!!!   :neener: I play the FSO and other events only with one thing in mind - as does the rest of my squad - to WIN!! Everything in the Main is just practice for that!!

So I take extreme umbrage when I'm insulted and shivied into playing by DA standards - let them "play fair" and roll around in circles having their little furballs - all they want - nothing is more A-typical of what occured during the majority of the air war <shrug> - but don't go whining when things don't go your way or people don't play the way you want.

Fair?? you want FAIR?? Go to Disneyland if you want fair!! From me all you'll get is a face full of 20 mike mikes!! :devil

...just my 2cents Cdn!!

Oh ya BTW - HTC KEEP up the great work!!!

...cheers eh! :D

How do you know what your plane is capable of unless you really push it. Too many never learn their plane of choice.

To me the fun is in the fight. Otherwise I'd be flying in MSFS. Kills mean little. The excitement is when you've done all you can do in a fight. More so when your competitor or competitors were at advantage.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 12:03:48 PM »

I agree. The ones I am referring to are the ones that do not commit. They stay outside and watch till they have all the advantages. Those are the ones that will not improve much on anything but watching for a chance. Once someone reaches their peak, there will always be someone better. Being a top stick does not mean being "THE" top stick. It only means being the best you can.

Roger that. Honestly I think the bigger problem for me was always flying alone, not finding a group I really meshed with. I expect that the day will come for me to come back, but for right now I'm honestly enjoying being around the family more.

As for your gunnery... have you considered it may not be your gunnery but your stick settings? It might also be something to do with your connection.  <S>

I'm pretty sure my shooting deficiencies come from some kind of mental processing defect in 3D environments. I constantly found myself thinking along the lines of "when it looks like this, shoot THERE" instead of naturally knowing where the bullets and the target would intersect.

Meanwhile, during my son's dalliance with AH he jumped in and got 10-12% hit rates going after fighters...in his first MONTH. He instinctually developed the lag roll maneuver in his second month -- "hey dad, look at this cool move!"  Grrrrr.  :lol

Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
How do you know what your plane is capable of unless you really push it. Too many never learn their plane of choice. .....

See - there ya go <shrug> making assumtions that are based on your insinuation of lack of knowledge of someone you know nothing about.

Some might take that at the very least as or rude and insulting...but who am I to put words in your mouth - you do that exceedingly well wihout my help.

I'll just agree to disagree about your premise and leave it at that - I suspect tho I and others won't be afforded the same consideration.

....cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline CVA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 12:21:40 PM »
Very good post guys, real good advise and information I need to employee
  USS AMERICA CVA-66 SHE LIVES FOREVER IN MY HEART

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 01:09:35 PM »

Meanwhile, during my son's dalliance with AH he jumped in and got 10-12% hit rates going after fighters...in his first MONTH. He instinctually developed the lag roll maneuver in his second month -- "hey dad, look at this cool move!"  Grrrrr.  :lol

:rofl  :aok.

No getting around natural ability.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »
See - there ya go <shrug> making assumtions that are based on your insinuation of lack of knowledge of someone you know nothing about.

Some might take that at the very least as or rude and insulting...but who am I to put words in your mouth - you do that exceedingly well wihout my help.

I'll just agree to disagree about your premise and leave it at that - I suspect tho I and others won't be afforded the same consideration.

:lol

Not assuming anything.

Going back to the OP's post I can tell you that this is fine for someone new. Might get a little boring after a very short while. Also since they never push the plane or themselves it is highly unlikely they will improve very much.

If someone takes that as insulting then they can easily do something about it. They can push their plane and theirself.................. they will probably be surprised.

It's not like anyone is more special than anyone else. Anyone can get out there and press the issue with plane and self. Any age , any plane. It is fairly easy to see who does and who doesn't.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:22:25 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »
i think shuffler has the right of it :aok

do people like to be called "timid" no, but if that's how they play well then they are "timid" plain and simple.
  and if you fly the way the OP suggests then you would be timid and never achieve a better understanding of ACM, and or what your plane of choice can do.

trust me "lone wolf" has been my "style" since 04,  it is fun and rewarding even if I lose, heck I would rather lose a great fight then pick 10 cons any friggin day :aok

that's the one thing I can never understand, in this Game about "Air combat" why there is so much "timidness".

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 01:40:02 PM »
I always get amused at the guys who banter the word "timid" around under these circumstances. It's the standard MO of those who don't approve of those who don't fly around in circles. What really amuses me is that many of these people get less kills per time than me.  If the described style is timid  how is it I get as many or more kills per time than the brave and heroic circlers?

Their pat answer:  "Well  you may get more kills but I get in more fights."

Oh really?   Kills per hour is hard stat.  How are these people quantifying that they get in more fights?  answer: they aren't.  They're just saying it to make themselves feel better because they are circlers! Circlers are noble, brave souls whereas a guy like me who flies often alone and into the horde is a base coward....

I broke into flight sims in the ultimate circler:   the spitfire.      I can tell you that you can fly around timidly in any plane, in any style and get 2 or 3 kills per hour and never die. With the exception of the extremes, "timid"  can be applied to any plane or flying style.

As for SA. Well it takes as much SA to fly solo in a furball as it does in a pack of circlers.

If you're having fun, do it.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 01:40:24 PM »

this thread makes Ozzy Sad ...  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:44:41 PM by thorsim »
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 01:42:58 PM »
Shuffler is a melee fighter, brawler, and he sees skill and improvement only in melee, being aggressive, dealing and receiving blows. Good for him :x
What he fails to see is that some others may find hunting, cleanly and quickly executed kills more interesting, even maybe more demanding, and can find ways to improve their own style. Surely us "timid" ones will also get better, but not in the way he appreciates, and we DO have fun doing it  :neener:

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »
I always get amused at the guys who banter the word "timid" around under these circumstances. It's the standard MO of those who don't approve of those who don't fly around in circles. What really amuses me is that many of these people get less kills per time than me.  If the described style is timid  how is it I get as many or more kills per time than the brave and heroic circlers?

Their pat answer:  "Well  you may get more kills but I get in more fights."

Oh really?   Kills per hour is hard stat.  How are these people quantifying that they get in more fights?  answer: they aren't.  They're just saying it to make themselves feel better because they are circlers! Circlers are noble, brave souls whereas a guy like me who flies often alone and into the horde is a base coward....

I broke into flight sims in the ultimate circler:   the spitfire.      I can tell you that you can fly around timidly in any plane, in any style and get 2 or 3 kills per hour and never die. With the exception of the extremes, "timid"  can be applied to any plane or flying style.

As for SA. Well it takes as much SA to fly solo in a furball as it does in a pack of circlers.

If you're having fun, do it.

I like ya Steve but I definitely don't like your playing "style", the BnZ, to me equals boring,(which I would never rag on ya for) and you get more killz an hour then most, because you are an aggressive BnZer and a great shot!!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 02:23:57 PM »
Shuffler is a melee fighter, brawler, and he sees skill and improvement only in melee, being aggressive, dealing and receiving blows. Good for him :x
What he fails to see is that some others may find hunting, cleanly and quickly executed kills more interesting, even maybe more demanding, and can find ways to improve their own style. Surely us "timid" ones will also get better, but not in the way he appreciates, and we DO have fun doing it  :neener:

If it is all you want from the game fine. Just don't see how one can not be bored to death doing it. I find it a lot more fun to be at a disadvantage and come out on top.

I guess I don't see anything at all demanding about waiting till I have all the advantages. Just about 100% of the folks in here would have a better score and better k/d if they did that. Sure would be quiet though. All BnZers get kills off folks already in a fight or at a  disadvantage.. If you find that demanding... more power to ya.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »

I guess I don't see anything at all demanding about waiting till I have all the advantages.

I cant find anywhere in the thread that espouses to this.   Just another myth of the circler set.

As if upping, flying around in circles, dying, upping, flying around in circles, dying, upping, flying around in circles then dying somehow requires more skills and is less boring than something else.  Gimme a break.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 03:13:13 PM »
Shuffler - there is obviously a difference of opinion regarding game play - no doubt a variety of opinions may exist within the player community when you get right down to it. What seems to be taking place here though is that one group (fight group) seems to be constantly calling to task those who do not follow their style of play. With time this could be seen as  "bashing".

Your position if said with conviction once or twice then well enough and you have my respect for your views - to continue to beat people up over the issue is inappropriate IMHO - I nor do I feel others feel the need to regularily attack you about your style of play. Defend against it yes - attack you - no.

Perhaps it is time for you (and yours) to set this sort of thing aside across the forum and move on. You've made yourself abundantly clear. Just realize others have different views and are entitled to them.

...just my opinion.

HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »

I cant find anywhere in the thread that espouses to this.   Just another myth of the circler set.

As if upping, flying around in circles, dying, upping, flying around in circles, dying, upping, flying around in circles then dying somehow requires more skills and is less boring than something else.  Gimme a break.

Who said I died every time  :D   That is the point.... test yourself and you'll improve. Otherwise just sit on the fence and watch and never give yourself a chance to improve.

Demanding was in reference to Blauk's post.
80th FS "Headhunters"