Author Topic: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.  (Read 3150 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2009, 04:09:18 AM »
I agree that the 2x fuel burn rate needs to be replaced.

Please make it 4x.

Thank you.

;)

right on, shorted rides, more fites.  then again the "experts" will find a way to bnz from 35k  :devil

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 06:01:42 AM »
Why not just climb to 30k?  I learned recently from a poster that it's a great altitude to fly at because of how much fuel it saves.   :lol  :rolleyes:

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 09:11:18 AM »
Once  upon a time in a place called AH1 there were maps pretty much on the scale we have to day.

In this place the arena ran with a FB of x 1.

Airfields had fuel stores that were rated 100%+ or via attrition could be reduced to 100%, 75%, 50% or 25%.

When this attrition occurred then the fuel capacity in each plane taking off from that base was also similarly limited to 100%+, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%.

Then the lovers of long legged birds said.

"Hey where is the advantage of upping a long legged bird on these maps? surely if I up a P51 i should get some endurance benefit! yet with these fields so close together its no benefit at all :mad:"

and the Cods  :angel: considered this and thought it to be true...........and the Cods  :angel: decreed that from hence forth the FB will be x 2.

However as with things of AH the drivers of short legged birds were miffed.

"Hey" They said "if the base is porked to 25% my short legged La7 cannot even reach the next base at FBx2. With FB x2 my short legged bird is over penalised by base porkage :mad:"

and the Cods  :angel: considered this and thought this was also true.........  and the Cods  :angel: decreed that no bird shall ever suffer a reduction in fuel below 75% whate ever the fuel attrition.

However Straffo (and Tilt) were still displeased for they flew birds of low fuel capacity and low fuel consumption

"Hey" They said "This fix is still not right! Birds should be limited by the fuel available not the % of their tank capacity. My Bird should NOT be rationed as a % of the size of its belly. It should be rationed by the size of its thirst! Why should a big bellied fuel guzzeling P47/P51 get more fuel (under rationing)than a small bellied fuel efficient La7 :mad:?"

and the Cods  :angel: considered this and thought it was not true........ and the Cods decreed there was no longer any rationing for every one could have 75% fuel and fuel porkage was no more and so the issue was "moot" :neener:.

and did Straffo (and Tilt) go to a dark place to mutter and mumble about the injustices of the world and drag this issue to the fore when given the opportunity............

and the Cods watched  :angel:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:13:52 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:45 AM »
 :D

... and BlauK agreed and followed them to the dark place with his sack of issues, to wait and dream together for the opportunities...  :cheers:

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
Tilt wrote:
Once  upon a time in a place called AH1 there were maps pretty much on the scale we have to day.

In this place the arena ran with a FB of x 1.

AH Has always had a FB rate multiplier of about 2. It may have been 1.75 before we made accurate fuel consumption curves.

HiTech

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 11:24:28 AM »
 :pray

The reason I get stopped these days is because of that damn fast nasty fuel burn!! Like you know, only reason I start losing is cause I have to look at that darn fuel gauge!!! And when there's only myself standing between a bish horde and a poor unprotected small rook airfield, it always lets me down  :cry

I say, lets reach a compromise. Let's keep all other planes at x2, but adjust the spit 16 to x 1, or even less. Whose for? I am! This will also give all newbs a better fighting chance.  :D

:joystick:
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »
I say, lets reach a compromise. Let's keep all other planes at x2, but adjust the spit 16 to x 1, or even less. Whose for? I am! This will also give all newbs a better fighting chance.

*Facepalm*
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »
Tilt wrote:
AH Has always had a FB rate multiplier of about 2. It may have been 1.75 before we made accurate fuel consumption curves.

HiTech
HT: Some players may be getting confused with the AvA and the SEA using fuel burn rates of 1.0 and then they encounter the MA at 2.0.

HOWEVER, the 2.0 rate was used, as far as I remember this discussion going back over 9 years ago, because the maps were generally small, and a B-17 fully fueled could fly around for around 4-5 hours crossing the map a dozen timesif the burn rate was set to 1.0 at full throttle.  So it was set to 2.0 to match the gameplay and smaller map side.   Even with our large maps, it's still a short flight if you're at altitude with any bomber.  And if you take in the uber-fuel efficient P-51 Mustang with drop-tanks, you're flying at altitude for a good two hours if you use the cruise setting.

Until they model a 10240 x 10240 map, there is no reason to have 1.0 burn rates.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »
"Until they model a 10240 x 10240 map, there is no reason to have 1.0 burn rates."

Unless you want to fly a halfway-realistic sortie in a Spitfire or other short-endurance fighter, of course. But then this is a game, definitely not a WW2 combat flight simulation.

:cool:
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2009, 07:27:47 PM »
So in the real world the La7 had about a 395 mile range. The P51D with 100% and DT had a 1650 mile range or about 1000 miles without DT. With fuel burn at 2 you get 30min at 100% fuel mil power with the La7. The P51D at 100% fuel and  mil power, what 55 min, longer even? In the real world are range numbers at cruise speed and not based on mil power like in the game?

So the La7 has short legs. You guys want special air starts over your enemy feild of choice so you can vulch for 25 minutes?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2009, 12:48:15 AM »
So in the real world the La7 had about a 395 mile range. The P51D with 100% and DT had a 1650 mile range or about 1000 miles without DT. With fuel burn at 2 you get 30min at 100% fuel mil power with the La7. The P51D at 100% fuel and  mil power, what 55 min, longer even? In the real world are range numbers at cruise speed and not based on mil power like in the game?

So the La7 has short legs. You guys want special air starts over your enemy feild of choice so you can vulch for 25 minutes?

Bustr you are both insulting people and show your complete lack of intelligence in on sentence :aok.

And btw this discussion doesn't matter anyway as I'll delete my AH account for several reasons ,FBM being one but not the only.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2009, 12:54:54 AM »
Whatever straffo....

Simba:

Unless you want to fly a halfway-realistic sortie in a Spitfire or other short-endurance fighter

A realistic sortie in those things lasted over an hour, included hundreds of miles of max cruise fuel settings, and they still had enough gas to take the fight to the LW over Germany....

In this game you're going a piddly frickin' 25 mi to the nearest base, and can climb to 20k before you're there.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2009, 02:33:12 AM »
i think the short ride for those planes is that if you take one up, you agree to actually fight in it.  if you wanna just fly around trying to just pick, then up a p plane (p51, p47..) or an f plane (fw190...)then you can just fly around for hours :) and they have unlimited ammo  :D

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »
in a planet where a customer paying 15$ per month as the same amount of service of a customer paying 15$ per month.

ps I posted a message just after the math flawed one :)

let me get this right,

you think everyone should have the same amount of fuel as each other because we all pay the same amount of money
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org