Author Topic: how long till someone is chat banned?  (Read 5025 times)

Offline gpa3

• Zinc Member
how long till someone is chat banned?
« on: November 25, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »
I keep reporting (with the report feature) guys using 4 letter words in chat and voice. And I mean they are really going at it.  For some reason they are still chatting away the next day, and the day after that.. still cussing up a storm.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: how long till someone is chat banned?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:58:37 PM »
Instead of .report, take a screenshot and send it to support@

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 01:02:21 AM »
Or film...its cured a few people.

Strip

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 01:11:58 AM »
 :cry
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 01:22:53 AM »
 :cry :cry :cry

.squelch works as well
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 01:23:02 AM »
I keep reporting (with the report feature) guys using 4 letter words in chat and voice. And I mean they are really going at it.  For some reason they are still chatting away the next day, and the day after that.. still cussing up a storm.

Ahem  *squelch*

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 01:58:35 AM »
Four letter words ah?

Meat  Copr  Wimp  Pile  Spit   
Soda  Bear  Wine  Gang  Wing
Fire    Boat  Guns  Pick   Tail
Ouch  Shaw Shoe  Dumb Noob
Bush  Poop  Prop   Cows  Dead
Tree  Road  Tire    Opps  Base
Tank  Jink   Pork   Love   Home
Pony  Fish   Buzz  Hate   Darn

Ok..I'm done...
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 03:48:45 AM »
What so you keep reporting these guys without warning them? and unless its directed at you i cant see it being offensive so why would you report them?

Ill admit i sometimes use shorter versions of swear words but its not usually directed at anyone so whats your problem? its a online game and cutting swearing out all together is damn dear impossible mate.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 04:30:46 AM »
Mrs gpa3
 :lol
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 04:43:33 AM »
Fury I dont think you read the buffer or you dont have young kids around at all. My nephew loves to drive the tanks but no way am I letting him anywhere near AH online. I myself have been cussed up oneside and down the other for making an excellent kill on certain guys that cant handle being handed their posterior. Most of the offenders will say the people that dont like it need to grow up but in fact its them that need to grow up and man up and start using their brains for more than filling out their skulls. Cussing demonstrates poor ability to think and very poor judgment and extremely poor communication skills.

All I want to hear from anyone is 'Nice shot' 'Check six' (which I find I most often do not need) and 'save the fat chick for me.' Occasionally its nice for someone to ask 'mind if I kill this guy?' or 'can you give me a hand here?' but otherwise chatty kathies need to cut the chatter.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 05:12:04 AM »
I don't condone profanity on the country channel.  You don't know who's on the end of all those screens and you don't know if their using speakers or head phone.

A simple messure of respect for those around you isn't asking the earth.  

Like my dear ol Grandad used to say "Don't swear in polite company".  It's an easy doctrine to adhere to chaps.

and yes... dot squelch knobhead  :D  works until the powers that be cure the repeat offenders.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 06:03:55 AM »
A The Report function is designed to be used as a community. One person hitting someone with a report will have no immediate effect, it is a cumulative effect. Several people using report on a person over time will eventually trigger a LONG mute. 

B abusing the report function can boomerang back onto you if it was not justified, or if your squad or group used it unjustly. Then all those who abused it will suffer the fate of those they attempted to pin it on unfairly. Don't use it in anger, or to get even.

C Film, screenshots sent to support@hitechcreations.com does get looked at and dealt with. You may not get a response, but it is not buried, ignored, or forgotten. 

To Mr Bipolar, with all due respect sir, no squelch does not work as well.
Granted it will remove the aggravation. But Squelch is sticking your head in the sand, not removing the problem.
However considering how often you've run afoul of such controls yourself it doesn't surprise me that you gave that answer.

It all comes down to respect and consideration for those sharing your airspace.

<S> Lynx, Challenge well said sirs.

TheFury, Changing a word to get around the text filters is the same as saying the word.
Your just smart enough to sneak it past the automated text filter. Shame on you sir!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 06:50:14 AM »
A The Report function is designed to be used as a community. One person hitting someone with a report will have no immediate effect, it is a cumulative effect. Several people using report on a person over time will eventually trigger a LONG mute. 

There you have it! Join a squad and get your squadmates to help ban the person  :lol

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »
:cry :cry :cry

.squelch works as well
Work's like a charm !
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 07:17:40 AM »
Fury I dont think you read the buffer or you dont have young kids around at all. My nephew loves to drive the tanks but no way am I letting him anywhere near AH online. I myself have been cussed up oneside and down the other for making an excellent kill on certain guys that cant handle being handed their posterior. Most of the offenders will say the people that dont like it need to grow up but in fact its them that need to grow up and man up and start using their brains for more than filling out their skulls. Cussing demonstrates poor ability to think and very poor judgment and extremely poor communication skills.

I totaly agree with you chalenge, and my 10 year old son likes to watch sometimes which i dont mind until there is bad language chatter going on then i simply have to ask him to stop watching, my point was online games have a lot of foolish idiots on them and it is no place for a young kiddie to be hanging out, i understand the OP`s problem and i admit it is a problem but i find some of these people myself (very rarely do i swear) included will stop the swearing if you ask politely for them to cut it out. Also you have to bear in mind there is a lot of young people under the age of 15 that play it and they dont care about whos on the other end.

Just reporting them will not stop it as someone has already said. Maybe we need a perma squelch i dont know the solution. If someone is swearing ask them to stop or tell them you have reported them for it because until HTC gets in touch with the reported person they have no clue they have been reported or anyone is even upset about it.

I too have been cussed while my 10 year old was watching me play i told the person they were out of order and if they carry on i will report them because my son was watching i got a apology and the swearing from that said person stopped.

:salute
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:27:35 AM by The Fury »
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury