Author Topic: NOE Hall of Shame  (Read 9381 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: NOE Hall of Shame
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2009, 08:14:45 PM »
What's interesting, to me anyway, is in flying Knits the last couple nights, I've always been able to find a fight.  Usually the  country whine is how the knits are getting ganged, yet I always had an airfield to up from, and targets to shoot at.  Can't ask for much more then that.  I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I can only fly from one airfield at a time.  They do tend to all look the same too :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2009, 08:27:25 PM »
Look at the real numbers and think before you reply next time.  Lets just take your random numbers as fact for one second.  Congrats, you once again proved that we knits have just what it takes to defend ourselves (given it's the same environment as it's been for the past week or so)... on one of the two fronts in the LW arena that hte Knits are fighting...  Guess how many fronts the Rooks and Bish are fighting each?  Just one each, and it's against the Knits.  Here some real numbers to pound through that thick skull too, take the knits roster, divide it in half, pair one half each with the entire Rook and Bish roster.  Simplified to grade school level math, take the Rook and Bish roster added together and put it up against the entire Knit roster as is.  Are things starting to add up for you here, or do I need to start breaking out the pie charts and line graphs?
I was doing an average  of what I see. pure opinion, not 1 week of playing but hey attack away! I aplogize haven't played this week so your conspiracy of me, or Rooks out to get you is false. Take it elsewhere. :aok  Maybe I should switch to knight to evaluate this claim of everyones out to get us knights. So I can come up with non random numbers and   :cry about no fair. This game is bias crap.

Oh and thanks for explaining ENY to me. Yeah my thick head its great for crushing beer cans Thanks sweety!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:41:49 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »
Just let them have the first base, but plan ahead and get some defense on the ground and in the air at the next possible target and surprise them.  Easy enough.

That makes too much sense to some.   As does going back and trying to re-capture a field you just lost.  I was knight last night when the rooks came into 134(I think that was the field) with a noe lanc/110 mission all while having a CV parked 2 miles offshore to boot.  Myself and 3 or 4 others upped right after the field started flashing, typed out what was happening on country, 15 more came to help, but the rooks outnumbered us and kicked our butts so the 15 left to find something else to do which left 5 or so to defend and well the rooks won the field shortly thereafter.   As soon as they did, I drove troops to 1.5 from town hid in the tree's and called for a town deacker. I called for about 8 minutes and finally as I was moving the mouse to click end sortie, 1 guy typed that he was coming, out of the 75 online.  He died after getting a few guns, so I drove into the undefended town, killed 2 guns, let 1 troop run each time to see if I was good instead of driving all over just to get blasted by an ack gun that I didnt see till too late.  I let one run, and he didnt die so I pulled up to the maproom and let the rest run.  As the last of them were going in, Wasp1(or 3 or whatever his number is) busted me.  He took a shot at my troops, dropped a bomb by them but missed and all 8 made it in..  If I woulda had another deacker or 2, just someone to take the 1 plane fight away from town after it was deacked, that field would have been nit again, brought to you by a Bishop who came over to nit just to fly a cheap 262 who really could care less about the field in the first place.   Maybe it's just me but doesn't it seem funny that I fought harder for your cartoon field then 95% of the nit's online did.

Dime
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:11:48 PM by Dimebag »
Dimebag
CO of the Black Tooth Grin
Black Attack!!!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »
 Dimebag,the thing is,theres several wars all going on at the same time on any given map. You can have 5 or 6 battles going on easily for each side and most people,myself included couldnt give a rats bellybutton if one of our bases is going to some other side. The fun is where we are at at that given moment. While I HAVE gone to where help was needed at times,its been when I was looking for something to do. As a bish,I rarely jump into some of the missions run because,no names,but one of our generals will run a mission and at the first sign of resistance,go hit something else.No follow up at all. Whats the point? I dont mind going for a base take if theres a fight involved,but thats my choice and I wont bust others chops for flying their way.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2009, 02:09:25 AM »

If we all played by our real names

A couple of years ago, rooks were perpetually in the bucket, far worse thant what nits have now. This was the birth of RJO.  We few, we merry few, stuck it out and were part of the reason things turned around.  As a mindless killer, I kind of like the current circumstances.

As for NOE's... I don't mind them.  They may take one base but they'll face resistance at the next.  Besides, every once in a while I happen upon an NOE as it is enroute. I have wiped out or completely disrupted big NOE's all by myself.  I am sure others have too.  It's a blast!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:12:43 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2009, 02:54:06 AM »
Yep, that's my vote as well.

ack-ack
Post film of this NOE, make sure its within the last year :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2009, 02:57:26 AM »
Naw, Ack Ack is right...there has been soooo much Pork on the Wing spam floating around the BBS in the last month, I look at them now as a squeaker squad. Use to have a some "e-respect" for their squad, not so much any more.
LOL, this wasnt even about our sqaud.......and most of that BS drama on the BBS was even from us, look who started it all Twitchy, and we are trying very hard to seperate ourselves from him, including a name change and we dont even fly Knight anymore we are rooks for the tour.....so piss off you and AKAK are both ignorant to the situation
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2009, 03:01:05 AM »
You are trying too hard to keep the PoTW front and center stage with all the threads.  Not sure why other then to try and change the perception of what the PoTW have been in terms of fighting style history.

Just go out and fight and shoot em all down.  I doubt NOE raids will stop.  If folks get their kicks out of fighting cartoon buildings and not fighting, they're probably not gonna get shamed into changing.

OP didnt have a word in there about POTW :noid I think Kazaa brought it up with a joking statement and AKAK decided he wanted to be smart
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2009, 03:04:07 AM »
OP didnt have a word in there about POTW :noid I think Kazaa brought it up with a joking statement and AKAK decided he wanted to be smart

OP is from POTW.  Seems like a simple enough connection.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2009, 03:08:32 AM »
OP is from POTW.  Seems like a simple enough connection.
But it wasnt about it at all, so  if any of your 80th guys post on here I should automatically assume its about your sqaud? I think this is Waystins like 2nd thread(that I can remember) and yet again its about a topic which needs fixing.EDIT (the 1stnasty one is alittle off topic, I still havnt read it really :D )

btw I think Darbars should show everyone even if they are NOE
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:28:53 AM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2009, 03:24:08 AM »
or why not lower the dar from 300ft to 100ft.  or give the radar more rang so base starts flashing a lil sooner. limit the number's alwowed in missions and the number of missions a country can have in the air at once on a fisrt come first serve type of deal. or evan beter add more 163 bases for quiker defence ability. busting the noe hordes are fun but they are realy starting to get out of hand. and there will always be panzy's afraid to fight. just make it harder for the noe hordes to operate.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2009, 04:37:20 AM »
or why not lower the dar from 300ft to 100ft.  or give the radar more rang so base starts flashing a lil sooner. limit the number's alwowed in missions and the number of missions a country can have in the air at once on a fisrt come first serve type of deal. or evan beter add more 163 bases for quiker defence ability. busting the noe hordes are fun but they are realy starting to get out of hand. and there will always be panzy's afraid to fight. just make it harder for the noe hordes to operate.

From 300ft? It is 500 ft ;)

Also, limiting the numbers in as well as numbers of missions hurt all player, while the NOE crowd can easily adopt.

And I really think you haven't considered the overall consequences for gameplay when wishing for "more 163 bases"...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2009, 05:00:58 AM »
I have wiped out or completely disrupted big NOE's all by myself.  I am sure others have too.  It's a blast!

(Image removed from quote.)

Especially when it's 80% Stukas...    :eek:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2009, 05:35:42 AM »
Especially when it's 80% Stukas...    :eek:

... at 3k   :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »
As much as I don't like NOE Raids, I'm not going to go on a pitchfork and steak rally to burn these people who attempt to do NOE raids. We're not from the midevil ages people, this is ridiculous. It's just ridiculous.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."