Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11301 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
Re: for the new players
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »
I heard once, "When they start paying my $15 bucks a month, they can advise me how to play, but they still aren't going to TELL me how to play."  :rofl
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2010, 10:53:56 PM »
I heard once, "When they start paying my $15 bucks a month, they can advise me how to play, but they still aren't going to TELL me how to play."  :rofl

+1     :salute
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2010, 12:13:05 AM »
Most that others have done is just

"Offer up what would be good game ethics........NOONE has said "YOU MUST FLY LIKE THIS OR YOU WILL BE SLAPPED WITH A SMELLY FISH"

it is only a few of you that assume everytime someone who is possibly above you in skill level makes a post, you jump at the chance to post inaccurate statements claiming thos people are making post or are in the game saying " The Only Way To Fly/Play The Game Is My Way!!!" when actually TRUTH BE KNOWN.......that is 180 degrees opposite direction of what they are actally offering advice or suggestions on.......

which is fly with a little bit of dignity, fly with a little bit of respect for your team mates, fly to have fun at the same time not destroying the fun of your team mates & opponents.....

is it really that hard to grasp the concept of what Peole are suggesting? Recommending? Advicing?

if some of you could just once get of your damn soap box (in this forum) about thinking, who you might have a grudge against because they might be difficult to beat for "you", and realize noone is saying "Fight My Way Or Else" but infact are merely trying to improve game play for EVERYONE by suggesting people realize the bad effects of their actions and make a change for the better of the Community......

that is all, nothing more, nothing less...........  that simple......
( my apologys for going on a tangent )........ some people get it rather later than sooner......and some people never get it at all and soon get so ill about it it makes them completely implode with hatred and leave the game, or come back to just implode again  :D......... 

lol **** happens

*   If You Keep On Doing What Ya Doing.....You Gonna Keep On Getting What Ya Getting!!!

have fun everyone, to each their own.........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2010, 12:20:40 AM »
Most that others have done is just

"Offer up what would be good game ethics........NOONE has said "YOU MUST FLY LIKE THIS OR YOU WILL BE SLAPPED WITH A SMELLY FISH"

it is only a few of you that assume everytime someone who is possibly above you in skill level makes a post, you jump at the chance to post inaccurate statements claiming thos people are making post or are in the game saying " The Only Way To Fly/Play The Game Is My Way!!!" when actually TRUTH BE KNOWN.......that is 180 degrees opposite direction of what they are actally offering advice or suggestions on.......

which is fly with a little bit of dignity, fly with a little bit of respect for your team mates, fly to have fun at the same time not destroying the fun of your team mates & opponents.....

is it really that hard to grasp the concept of what Peole are suggesting? Recommending? Advicing?

if some of you could just once get of your damn soap box (in this forum) about thinking, who you might have a grudge against because they might be difficult to beat for "you", and realize noone is saying "Fight My Way Or Else" but infact are merely trying to improve game play for EVERYONE by suggesting people realize the bad effects of their actions and make a change for the better of the Community......

that is all, nothing more, nothing less...........  that simple......
( my apologys for going on a tangent )........ some people get it rather later than sooner......and some people never get it at all and soon get so ill about it it makes them completely implode with hatred and leave the game, or come back to just implode again  :D......... 

lol **** happens

*   If You Keep On Doing What Ya Doing.....You Gonna Keep On Getting What Ya Getting!!!

have fun everyone, to each their own.........
TC for Aces High Presidente?

:D

Very well put :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
Has the woo woo killshooter training film been posted yet?  I don't want to repost it if it has.  :t

Drex

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2010, 08:28:52 AM »
I just wonder, what would the "go get a better SA" crowd say, if kill shooter was off when they jumped in front of my guns.  No, not asking to turn it off, just wondering what would they say  :)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2010, 08:33:59 AM »

Where do you guys find all these rules?

Given the remainder of your post, I think the more apt question is "When did you miss them?"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2010, 02:55:19 AM »

when I joined ah i never signed up an agreement to obey any rules other than the bb and dont say bad words.  It just says pay 15 bucks you play.  as a courtesy to other people I will ask if it is 1v1, but If I see the red plane taking the upper hand I will shoot him down and say I am sorry later, unless the green plane says he needs no help then I'll watchi him die, then I'll kill the red plane.  when there's more than 1v1 I'll shoot any red plane that I see. you dont like it, guess what I dont like the planes that fly 10k above the furball and just pick either and I dont like ponies and 190's running away from a fite either..  and that is  basically too bad, this has been discussed so many times and it wont change. sorry if somebody jumping in takes a kill you fill you have earned and it messes up your score.  next time shoot faster  :devil.

some people forget that a kill is not when the system says you got a kill, but when you know that the plane going down is flame is your kill.  game is about fun, not score.  you want to increase your score you are more than welcome to follow me and take all my kills to make up for the ones other people "stole" from you, It wont matter to me   :bolt:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2010, 06:28:34 AM »
Has the woo woo killshooter training film been posted yet?  I don't want to repost it if it has.  :t

Drex

Was good seeing you the other night Senor Drex.    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2010, 08:53:50 AM »
I've flown towards a 1v1 fight several times only to have the friendly tell me "It's ok I got this one" so I backed off...... only to be killed by the guy he was supposed to be taking care of either while landing or engaging another con afterwards.

Here is a couple of tips for ya ...

Orbit above the fight (it's called high cover) and if the friendly gets killed ... swoop down and send the bad guy to the tower. Assuming that the friendly is going to win was your mistake along with taking your eye off the bad guy.

When landing ... take a good look around (360 degrees) to see if there are any bad guys in the area ... if there are, then don't try to land.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2010, 09:08:48 AM »
Here is a couple of tips for ya ...

Orbit above the fight (it's called high cover) and if the friendly gets killed ... swoop down and send the bad guy to the tower. Assuming that the friendly is going to win was your mistake along with taking your eye off the bad guy.

When landing ... take a good look around (360 degrees) to see if there are any bad guys in the area ... if there are, then don't try to land.

Yep.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2010, 09:37:19 AM »
.... sorry if somebody jumping in takes a kill you fill you have earned and it messes up your score.  next time shoot faster  :devil.

semp

Simple choice on the one who jumps in.... you can take the high road or the low road. No written rule.

You can hold the door open for a lady or not. No written rule.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:27 AM »
Simple choice on the one who jumps in.... you can take the high road or the low road. No written rule.

You can hold the door open for a lady or not. No written rule.

I don;t care what you say, YOU are NOT a lady  :eek:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2010, 10:47:53 AM »

Drex

I'll pay for your month.  Get your butt in here: 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,282007.0.html

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2010, 10:57:56 AM »
I don;t care what you say, YOU are NOT a lady  :eek:

:rofl     :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)