Author Topic: what is your biggest pet peeve???  (Read 5295 times)

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Re: what is your biggest pet peeve???
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »
Mine centers around people that actually believe email chains they get from friends or family that have statistics or claim to be quotes from notable people.

The email from "Andy Roony" about illegal immigrants comes to mind.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
I would have to say my biggest "pet Peeve" is people who try to dictate others lives........

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
I would have to say my biggest "pet Peeve" is people who try to dictate others lives........

agreed........
and that could bring us back to my last comment...... :noid :noid :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2010, 07:27:17 PM »
Whoa, the thread Ive been waiting for;

So pet peeves, from a UK Perspective you understand,

a.) Women in check-out queue's, that have to first pay with exact change extracted from the pound and  half of shrapnel in their purse :mad:, then carefully put notes coins and receipts all in their seperate compartments, then carefully place their purse in their hand bag in the right position, all the time having a conversation with the check out girl, whilst the queue of working guys on their lunch break builds behind her. Particularly fun if she's also unpacking her shopping to find the sweeties to quiet her screaming kid.

b.) Women who normally drive a Mini Metro (U.S read "ultra compact") but today hubbie's off work so she's taking the SAAB 9000 to drop the sprogs at school, no idea how to drive it, park it, reverse it, go over 40mph in it, or turn a corner in it without kerbing the alloys.

c.) Men, who having spent a lifetime driving a beige Austin Allegro (U.S read "old ultra compact with square steering wheel"), but just got their golden handshake and are now myopically driving a 4 litre supercharged Jaguar V8 at 25 mph between lanes. :furious

d.) HGV drivers, without fail, on every major UK road carrying out their 56mph speed limited races, making thousands of rolling roadblocks across the country, or alternately, deciding to travel down tight country road in 50 foot long wagons at 40mph holding up massive queues of vehicles, unable to overtake them because of their length.

e.) People whining about other people driving at, or slightly over the speed limit, blah blah. I ride fast because i like to feel alive, i drive fast for the same reason, i don't take risks with mine or anyone else's life, i have 3 Police driving qualifications and a Police advanced bike course. I have a clean license and no convictions because i understand there is a time and a place.

f.) People with their silly upper crust accents looking surprised at me being able to conduct a reasoned and relatively eloquent conversation on a number of subjects because since i left the police and took over the family firm and now i sweep chimneys for a living, and the ability to formulate whole sentences does not fit in with their predetermined stereotype of me.

Sorry, rant over :bolt:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2010, 08:55:24 AM »
Did I say getting shot down in the MA ? LOL !!!! :D
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
Mine centers around people that actually believe email chains they get from friends or family that have statistics or claim to be quotes from notable people.

The email from "Andy Roony" about illegal immigrants comes to mind.

+1

Chain mail in general is irritating.

BTW  anyone who reads this
If you dont cut, paste and Email this post to at least 10 of your friends within next 5 minutes.
Your dog will contract syphilis,Your wife will develop male pattern baldness, And you will wake up tomorrow a eunuch.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »

Shut up. We didnt give you permission to talk

:P
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2010, 10:01:44 AM »
standard stuff like no using turn signals, passing me and then slowing down, but the stuff I hate the most is the things that will get me killed when I'm on my motorcycle: not checking your blind spot before you switch lanes, only getting up to 35 mph on the entrance ramp to a 70mph road, speeding up at yellow lights.... the list goes on, but if I get hit by a car while I'm on a motorcycle, the odds are not in my favor, and I'm only 20, I'd like to not have my life cut short because you do something I can't defend myself against.

I guess staying out of a cars blindspots is out of the question?

Usually located in the rear quarters. even in a car I try to stay out of them cept when Im passing

Remember two rules at all times and you should be fine.
1- Assume everyone else is a larger idiot then you are
2-Assume everyone else is out to kill you personally.

I have a rule 3 as well. Make sure all other vehicles in the immediate vicinity are behind you. that cuts the amount of bad things that can happen to you down to one.
Being hit from the rear
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
Shut up. We didnt give you permission to talk

:P
LOL !!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »
I also don't like it when people just sit in their chair sniffing up their loogies rather than getting up and blowing their nose.

Worst is when I have multiple people who do that in my class. It sounds like, "squik snuurff squik snuurrf squik SNUUUUUURRRFFF"

Exactly the way I feel!

-Penguin