Author Topic: what is your biggest pet peeve???  (Read 5195 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: what is your biggest pet peeve???
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2010, 04:39:01 PM »
I liked your other post better.

:D

ya me too but I hate getting banned :cry

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2010, 05:05:13 PM »
My first one well before Scuzzy can do it I will
See rule 14

But my second one is, When someone who has no clue about your profession, wants to tell you how to do your job, or make comments about how it looks when you are not finished.  Where does some Hewlett Packard Pilot get the Cajones to tell me or anyone else how to Push dirt, run electrical, do plumbing, or any other job that requires skill.  I don't go to their office and tell them how to file their fragging reports, or manage their Itunes, or look up the price of rice in China.  So stay off of my construction site, away from my dirt and my 57000 pound Motorgrader, or my 110 ton dozer, before I back over your uncalloused handed little body and have to fill out a 7 page accident report, and have OSHA breathing down my throat for the next 6 months.  If you tell me how to do my job then you need to be back in your office, behind your computer, it is safer for you to be away from my big boy toys, and away from me.

Thus endth my sermon, Hey ya'll asked.

And spell checks that don't have "ya'll"  even though it is propper grammar in Texas. :bolt:
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
People too stuborn at assuming they're right to listen to everyone else trying to explain to them that they're wrong.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2010, 05:50:38 PM »
i don't know about others on here.....but i would personally never disrespect you by sending nasty or offensive pm's to ya.

seriously? ur gettin PM's about this? i only started this thread because i was a lil irritated by the slow poke in front of me, first thing ppl do is start slammin on each other because we ALL have a difference of opinion. i dont care honestly bout what ppl think bout my pet peeve, i was just posting and wanted to see what others had as a pet peeve, this thread didnt even have to be about driving, many others mentioned things about chewing gum and eating, others mentioned walking and whatever else. its just interesting to see what bothers others and doesn't bother others.

seriously yall need to quit the damn hatin crap and act like the grown adults you are! if you cant say anything nice then dont say ANYTHING at all!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »
Actually, you are wrong.  A one mile per hour collision between a brick wall and a car and a one mile per hour collision between two cars (assuming they have the same weight and bumper height)would yield significantly different results.

Ok professor.  You are traveling 56mph.  You hit a brick wall traveling at 55mph.

Better?

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
Ok professor.  You are traveling 56mph.  You hit a brick wall traveling at 55mph.

Better?

Yea and now you have a damaged car traveling at 55mph.  :lol

But what is more likely a 10 mph collision. Against a stationary brick wall, again probably not a big deal. A 10 mph collision at highway speeds, and you have out of control cars rolling over and smashing into things.

Its all just basic physics man.  :D

EK = (1/2)mv^2
The journey is the destination.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
Ok professor.  You are traveling 56mph.  You hit a brick wall traveling at 55mph.

Better?

Just like you.  Proven wrong, but can't gracefully admit it.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2010, 07:54:13 PM »
Just like you.  Proven wrong, but can't gracefully admit it.

Um, I'm still studying my physics, but how is he wrong? Isn't the transfer of energy the same?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »

seriously? ur gettin PM's about this? i only started this thread because i was a lil irritated by the slow poke in front of me, first thing ppl do is start slammin on each other because we ALL have a difference of opinion. i dont care honestly bout what ppl think bout my pet peeve, i was just posting and wanted to see what others had as a pet peeve, this thread didnt even have to be about driving, many others mentioned things about chewing gum and eating, others mentioned walking and whatever else. its just interesting to see what bothers others and doesn't bother others.

seriously yall need to quit the damn hatin crap and act like the grown adults you are! if you cant say anything nice then dont say ANYTHING at all!

i'm not....i've not managed to piss anyone off badly enough on the boards, or ingame to get nasty pm's yet.
 i think akhog was getting some.....and i was simply pointing out that i'd not disrespect someone to do that.

i've repeated many many times, and i will again.....i am on these boards, as i would be to any of you in rl....right in the same room.
 if i wouldn't say it to your face, then i don't say it here.....if i'd have to whisper it in your ear(equivalent of a pm), due to fear of others hearing....then i don't say it either.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2010, 09:15:42 PM »
Yea and now you have a damaged car traveling at 55mph.  :lol

But what is more likely a 10 mph collision. Against a stationary brick wall, again probably not a big deal. A 10 mph collision at highway speeds, and you have out of control cars rolling over and smashing into things.

Its all just basic physics man.  :D

EK = (1/2)mv^2

know what i DO find somewhat disturbing?

the intersection out in front of my shop. in the last 3 weeks, there's been 3 accidents. that's about 2 more than normal in a 1 month period.

they've all(these last 3) been the same thing. southbound guy running the red light, to make the left. northbound guy running the redlight going straight. they meet in the middle.

not a single one had their airbag deploy.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »
pet peevs:

...gettin called into the office soon after I arrive at work and being told 'we have to let you go'

...someone in *my* lane going too slow -evil grin- ..drive it or park it!
   (if *ever* there was a motivation for a black steel tube bumper on an old GMC pickup!)

..trundle cars thinkin they're fast cause they have a loud muffler ..grrr.

..dweebs who think they aren't. -evil grin-

-GE aka Frank
 (yanno .. growin up in western US I useda think onramp was for accelerating to merge with traffic ..then I ran into an onramp in Alhambra, CA ..no merge lane, just dumps you into right lane on I-10.. almost cost me my '69 road runner one afternoon .. now if I don't know the area I don't accelerate beyond  where I can see to stop until I am sure there is a merge lane because I have run into several here an there ..they definitely get your attention :)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2010, 01:36:03 AM »
Me, it's people chewing with their mouth open. You look like a cow chewing cud, stop it.

The other thing is the Iron Curtain. When you get 3 little old ladies driving land barge Buicks line abreast on Loop 410. Normally not a problem, except when they do it at 40 mph. Normal speed on 410 is about 70 mph and when you come around some of the turns (specially near the spaghetti bowl) you just hope the guy behind you is paying attention too.
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2010, 09:13:15 AM »
"Pet Peeves" too many to list.
Things that down right p*** me off:
1) People who have no idea what a turn signal is much less how to use it properly
2) People who sit after the light turns green just long enough so they are the only one who makes it across
3) Sports analysts who can't seem to see that the Saints made the Superbowl being a GOOD team, not by accident
4) Living an hour from the best party in the world (Mardi Gras)    :devil
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2010, 02:44:22 PM »
People who think they have been designated the roving road block and drive slow in the fast lane.
People in front of me in cars driving while talking on the cell phone. Trust me. Most of you cannot multitask in that capacity nearly as well as you think you can.

Stores that neglect to mark the prices on their items. I've been known to seek out the store manager. Ask him how much an item costs. then tell him "Fine. When you mark it. I'll buy it. But right now Im going to go buy it somewhere else"

People who take their half of the grocery isle out of the middle of the isle so nobody can pass on either side.

The way Pilot wounds are modeled in AH  ;)

Those roving bicycle gangs in the gay spandex outfits that refuse to give way to faster traffic
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »
People who are intolerent of other people's cultures.....and the DUTCH!

People with less than high school education assuming they are smarter than others.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA