Author Topic: what is your biggest pet peeve???  (Read 5247 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
what is your biggest pet peeve???
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:18 AM »
this morning i was drivin home after running a few errands in town. doing 60mph in a 55, i come up behind this slow damn car doing like 45mph. helloooooo!! the damn speed limit is 55, why would u drive 45 in a 55?  :headscratch: makes no sense! the roads wasn't covered in any snow or ice, nice clean black top paved road and they do 45 in a 55!!!! :furious....if u dont want to drive..then get the hell out my way so i can!!!

or the people that freak out when driving in the rain or snow!!!! what exactly are u afraid of if its raining a lil bit???

im from michigan and i have drove in many nasty snow storms and thunder storms, maybe this makes me feel more confident in my driving skills but some of this stuff really annoys the hell out of me. :noid

~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: what is your biggest pet peeve???
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »
People that think they own the road....

:noid

Strip

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »
I'd rather have people driving extra slow in the snow and ice than as if nothing is there.

High school and college girls driving while talking on their cell phones are the most dangerous people on the roads.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:14:13 AM »

A shot of my neighbors big pet peei-----ooooops you said pet PEEVES!!

Sorry.

MY biggest pet peeve is finding drunks sleeping in hotel lobbies.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »
Hypocrits

:noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »
People who don't understand that the purpose of a freeway on ramp is to allow you to get up to freeway speeds before you have to merge.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »
this morning i was drivin home after running a few errands in town. doing 60mph in a 55, i come up behind this slow damn car doing like 45mph. helloooooo!! the damn speed limit is 55, why would u drive 45 in a 55?  :headscratch: makes no sense! the roads wasn't covered in any snow or ice, nice clean black top paved road and they do 45 in a 55!!!! :furious....if u dont want to drive..then get the hell out my way so i can!!!

or the people that freak out when driving in the rain or snow!!!! what exactly are u afraid of if its raining a lil bit???

im from michigan and i have drove in many nasty snow storms and thunder storms, maybe this makes me feel more confident in my driving skills but some of this stuff really annoys the hell out of me. :noid

That's stuff just always happens. You always get behind a slow car when you're in a hurry, and when you're out just for a drive you know there's someone behind you in a hurry.  :D

Something that drives me nuts is when someone says "This is true". You're in a conversation and they say something, you reply "Ya, but ***********", and they say "This is true" instead of "Oh ya" or "That's true". Saying "This is true" sounds like they're holding the statement in their hands like a pet dog saying "Hi! This is true, my new pet statement!"

Don't know why that bugs me but it does.

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 10:51:10 AM »
What really gets me is when I'm driving down the road, minding my own business, and some person who thinks they own the highway system comes up behind me and rides my ass.

You see, I'm a fairly organized person who takes responsibility for my time and am not always running late to my next appointment. Sometimes I may drive 5 or 10 under the limit, because its safer, uses less gas, and in general is just more relaxing.

I've been involved in 2 serious car crashes that each almost killed me, neither was my fault. My worst nightmare is dying in a car crash, a big hot twisting heap of metal skidding along asphalt. And the thing that pisses me off the most is someone putting MY life in danger because their inability to plan their day and manage their time.

If you start doing some math you'll finding speeding just 5-10mph is simply not worth it. It doesn't save very much time at all over short distances, it uses significantly more gas, and it puts you and everyone else on the road at an increased level of danger.

So yea....  SLOW DOWN! When I see people coming up from behind fast and ride my ass, guess what I do. Slow down even more  :banana:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:55:25 AM by AKHog »
The journey is the destination.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 10:57:36 AM »
My biggest pet peeve has nothing to do with driving. (usually) I can't STAND it when I'm told to do something that I'm already in the midst of doing.  Particularly if it is done in a nasty tone. 

:o = "Hey Drew can you fix the laundry machine...ya know...whenever you chance?  It's been making noises for weeks now."

:mad: = "Do you think that I bathe in lint and grease for fun?  Is this toolbelt a new fashion trend, or do I just enjoy the weight training?"   :furious

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
I don't mid people driving 5-10 mph under the speed limit on a 2-lane rd, I have about 540hp... as soon as an opportunity presents they're a little speck in the rear view mirror. The people I have a problem with are the dolts who drive 5-10 mph below the speed limit in the LEFT HAND LANE on a 4-lane road, most of the time at the exact same speed as the car in the right hand lane that is too close to them for an overtaking car to negotiate a pass. The left lane is for PASSING, not CRUISING. We even have signs here in SC that read "slower traffic keep right" to let people know not to take up residence int he left lane. Unfortunately many can't read and the ones that can likely don't care.

At least I do know one cop who pulls people over regualrly and writes tickets to left-lane campers for "Impeding the flow of traffic."
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 11:50:25 AM »
??? : :confused:
Oh pet peeves while driving :cool: I hate what I call "creepers", when you have someone about to turn on the road your driving at 45MPH and they creep just before you have no chance to stop if they go, I know(well hope they arent going to actually go but it still creeps me out :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
People who drag their heels when they walk.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »

+1
People who don't use their turn signals
Not putting the cap back on the toothpaste
Customers who interrupt me on the phone trying to correct me (when they're wrong)
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 11:55:16 AM »
This is a big one I have with a very few soldiers, we are supposed to be professionals, not gangbangers

:salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"