Author Topic: Perk  (Read 3823 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 12:35:27 AM »
You sure this is about perking the 51D, or is this you wanting to tell everyone you got 11 kills in one? ;)
haha ik i put that there :D but i only used that as an example of how good it is. any good pilot can fly the P51D and kill at least 3 and land them... even the F4U4 needs to be learned some before being effective. and it outflies the Spit14. idk if the 14 flies better at uber alt though. and yes the ponyd is outclimbed by the 109k still but it out runs the 109k easily.
dude dont perk the ponies, actually give them more ammo, I feel embarrassed when they try to bnz my spit and they end up running out of ammo and have to run back to momma.  they're so fun to kill when they try to turn with a spit.  I am perfecting this system I have so I can get grizz's 262, and I am practicing on the ponies and p47's  :cool:.

semp
heres ONE thing thats correct in stats for me... ive shot more spitIXs down than any other plane :rofl :rofl :rofl noobs cant fly the pony well but even avg pilots know how to fly it... and all those kills this week in the P51 in my stats is for the last two days only (22nd-28th : its only the 23rd and its 1:38AM EST) therefore the P51 gave me 21 kills yesterday alone... it also says i got only 9 deaths in a pony D in the entire month. 29 kills 21 of which were yesterday and 9 deaths. says something when the pilot up till yesterday stuck with zeros huh? :headscratch: like i said idc if we perk the pony cuz ill love killing in it forever but give that a thought.
AND Pony vs Temp. check the charts. only difference tween the temp and pony is one has cannon yet the temps got a huge perk value. In fact the P51D over 20k feet out flies the tempest
http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html
http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:08:52 AM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 12:59:08 AM »
scratch what i said bout the pony outrunning the 109K :uhoh 109K out does the ponyD if wep is on at any alt. without wep the 109K is very sluggish and the 109K has a higher ceiling by a good 3 thousand. and while im on the german planes. why did they unperk the Ta152 years ago? it also out flies the tempest at alt over 25k on military power alone and outflies the pony and the Ta152 is a great match Vs the spitXIV at alt
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:12:56 AM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 01:31:14 AM »
My opinion is that any talk of perking something like the P-51D or Spitfire Mk XVI is invalid unless it includes perking all the other late war fighters with them.  Go ahead and perk those two, but perk the La-7, Yak-9U, N1K2-J, Ki-84, P-38L, P-47D-40, P-47M, P-47N, F4U-1D, F6F-5, Typhoon, Fw190D-9, Ta152H-1, Bf109G-14 and Bf109K-4 with them.

Of course, that pushes us back towards a mid-war environment, which I am all for personally.  It also would mean that every country, other than Italy which was knocked out early, would have perk planes.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 01:59:11 AM »
why did they unperk the Ta152 years ago? it also out flies the tempest at alt over 25k on military power alone and outflies the pony and the Ta152 is a great match Vs the spitXIV at alt

Because HTC felt that a free 152 would have no unbalancing effect? ;)

Also... how many fights do you have @ 25k? And is the Tempest the main enemy of the 152 at that altitude?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 05:31:29 AM »

Because HTC felt that a free 152 would have no unbalancing effect? ;)

Also... how many fights do you have @ 25k? And is the Tempest the main enemy of the 152 at that altitude?
yeah that first half hit me right when you said it. every time i think of perking planes its the idea that they are too good to let fly always. but this would also mean the unperking of the spitXIV though lusche because they are a good fighting match at that alt and are still formidable foes at lower alts...
My opinion is that any talk of perking something like the P-51D or Spitfire Mk XVI is invalid unless it includes perking all the other late war fighters with them.  Go ahead and perk those two, but perk the La-7, Yak-9U, N1K2-J, Ki-84, P-38L, P-47D-40, P-47M, P-47N, F4U-1D, F6F-5, Typhoon, Fw190D-9, Ta152H-1, Bf109G-14 and Bf109K-4 with them.

Of course, that pushes us back towards a mid-war environment, which I am all for personally.  It also would mean that every country, other than Italy which was knocked out early, would have perk planes.
and karnak haha dont get me started. la-7 cant fly well over 15k, yak9u the opposite, n1k2-J they toned down, ki84 is slow and can be easily out maneuvered, p38L is hard to fly if you dont understand how to, P47D40? if anything the M yet still out flown by a few planes and the N is less of a fighter than the M, really? the F4U1D and the F6F5? and the typhy? why the D9? 152 already talked about, the G14 is sluggish compared to ALOT of other planes. in fact the only two here that are even considered good enough to perk are the 152 (again) and the 109K4 which only has one low ammo cannon and half the 109K pilots cant even hit with that watermelon. Awww man.... i said i wouldn't start....  :rolleyes: perk my zero and youll have a fighting chance :)
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 05:38:43 AM »
Crazy talk, I tells ya, crazy talk.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 05:51:48 AM »
nah phatzo, i knew id be basically raped for starting this and like i said it doesnt annoy me that any of these listed arent perked. im just thinking that the P51D is that good that it should be perked up a point or 2 like the T34/85 the M4 and Spit XIV are. i even think the tempest should have less perks but thats just me
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:41 AM »
Spit9 = 12 eny
F4U1a = 10 eny
P38J = 15(if its not already)eny
Ta152= 20 eny
Hurri2c=10eny

Some changes Id like to see before we perk the Pony or spit 16.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »
nah phatzo, i knew id be basically raped for starting this and like i said it doesnt annoy me that any of these listed arent perked. im just thinking that the P51D is that good that it should be perked up a point or 2 like the T34/85 the M4 and Spit XIV are. i even think the tempest should have less perks but thats just me

How about .0001 perks

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 07:43:56 AM »
umm im sorry but days 22-28 have 21 kills there man. and also i exaggerated  :lol caught red handed only 8 + 3 assists. never landed accidentally bailed

I need glasses.    :o

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 08:06:09 AM »
If you perked the training planes, how would the new up starts get training?  :headscratch: No to perking the P51D

I voted  :aok                   ^sig material  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:08:13 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 10:13:04 AM »
321BAR,

I don't really agree with your assessments, but the main one I'd comment on is the one about not being good above 15k.  By far the most important altitude band to have good performance in is 0-10k, 10-20k isn't bad to have and above that is almost useless in the AH MA where any perk discussion is relevant.  It is one of the main reasons the Spit XIV is so useless.  The Spit XVI is almost as fast and more maneuverable at the altitude bands that actually count, so who cares that the Spit XIV is 50mph faster at 25k?
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »
so who cares that the Spit XIV is 50mph faster at 25k?

probably chalenge.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »
I need glasses.    :o

(Image removed from quote.)

POST TIMES... all i gotta say... that ten was at 7am EST on the 22nd. the 21 or whatever i said was at 1am on the 23rd. i flew it a few times in the morning and then 3-4 more flights around 8:30pm on on the 22. then i just went to check stats at 1am
321BAR,

I don't really agree with your assessments, but the main one I'd comment on is the one about not being good above 15k.  By far the most important altitude band to have good performance in is 0-10k, 10-20k isn't bad to have and above that is almost useless in the AH MA where any perk discussion is relevant.  It is one of the main reasons the Spit XIV is so useless.  The Spit XVI is almost as fast and more maneuverable at the altitude bands that actually count, so who cares that the Spit XIV is 50mph faster at 25k?
the assesments are accurate enough to say that almost none of them even come close to perk level. and like i said idc if we perk the pony. im just arguing for it. but the 50mph can mean the edge in some fights. that extra 100yd closing you need to get the shot off in a climb. that 50mph can mean the difference between winning and losing a fight. and if you got a ponyD at alt over a la-7 at 20k feet and the la-7 is at 19k. that 50mph may mean alot for a pony. (pony/la7 example only...doesnt have to be accurate to get the point across)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:59:20 AM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »
Well, I remember laboriously dragging an La-7 up to 25k in a Spit XIV so I could play with him at altitude, he complied because he wanted to bag the perk plane (Spit XIV was 60 perks back then).  Once up there I turned and engaged.  I got one pass and one pass only as he realized how absolutely outclassed he was at that altitude and put the nose down and escaped.  I hit him with a single 20mm or single .303 round at about 600 yards as he dove away from me.

Without the streams of bombers at high altitude to bring the fights up high, I am really unimpressed with the utility of an aircraft's performance above 15k in the AH MA.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-