Author Topic: Perk  (Read 3822 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
yesterday and today alone i got into at least 5 fights above 15k

edit: mainly a picker that decided to do what i wanted and we engaged each other picker to picker
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
I can see it now.

New player loads up AH for the first time. Waits through the loading screen eager to fly possibly the most popular and iconic American aircraft of all time against real people. Gets online and finds it's going to take them over a month to get a ride in a P51D. Cancels account on day two after being picked repeatedly by P51Ds. HTC lose money.

never gunna happen  :aok
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
probably.
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
Man makes a rather valid point...........   :salute

New player loads up AH for the first time. Waits through the loading screen eager to fly possibly the most popular and iconic American aircraft of all time against real people. Gets online and finds it's going to take them over a month to get a ride in a P51D. Cancels account on day two after being picked repeatedly by P51Ds. HTC lose money.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 08:41:01 AM »
I can see it now.

never gunna happen  :aok

May be.  I would think that the spit would be the most popular. 

Anyway, I am still waiting for somebody telling me why the p-51D should be perk?  And to be honest, i think the 262 should be un-perked.  The only thing that it has is speed if not in turn fight.  Once it slows down, it is a easy target and the gun package may be deadly but slow recoil.  From what i seen, there are a dozen or so people who can fly the hell out of it.  It is not easy going for a shot at high speeds. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »
  And to be honest, i think the 262 should be un-perked.  The only thing that it has is speed if not in turn fight.  Once it slows down, it is a easy target and the gun package may be deadly but slow recoil.  From what i seen, there are a dozen or so people who can fly the hell out of it.  It is not easy going for a shot at high speeds. 

And if he doesn't slows down, there is nothing you can do about that jet buzzing around everywhere with an armament bar none.
It would be a jet arena in very short time.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »
And if he doesn't slows down, there is nothing you can do about that jet buzzing around everywhere with an armament bar none.
It would be a jet arena in very short time.

Yea, but there are a lot, most of the people on AH, that can not fly the 262 correctly.  All they will do is BnZ and it is not easy to hit a target going 400 mph. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 11:35:01 AM »
Yea, but there are a lot, most of the people on AH, that can not fly the 262 correctly.  All they will do is BnZ and it is not easy to hit a target going 400 mph. 
The times when AH has had the Me262 free it is 50% jets.  The fact that it is common forces other people into just to contest with it, making it more common, requiring more people to pick it to have a chance.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
Yea, but there are a lot, most of the people on AH, that can not fly the 262 correctly.  All they will do is BnZ and it is not easy to hit a target going 400 mph.  

You don't need to fly the 262 absolutely "correctly" to make it an annoyance.
People will chose it for it's speed. And once there is a certain number if 262 in the area, everyone else flying a prop plane is quickly pressed into a purely reactive role. To fight a gaggle of 262's you need to fly a 262 yourself because of the huge speed discrepancy.
And I'm not even talking about what free 262's would mean for bombers...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »
Yea, but there are a lot, most of the people on AH, that can not fly the 262 correctly.  All they will do is BnZ and it is not easy to hit a target going 400 mph.  
And if it doesn't cost them anything to crash it repeatedly, they will fly it as much as they do the Spits and Ponies. Sooner or later they will get to the point where they will be good enough to really annoy... No thanks, 3 or 4 at a time is more than enough...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 12:00:43 PM »

cuz ill take it either way

I've heard that about you. Ack-Ack might be interested... if you don't mind using plenty of lotion.

Now, don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with batting from the other side of the plate now and again - for guys like you. I just question using this bbs as a place to do your cruising (or whatever it is you guys call it these days - and I mean that only in the most complimentary way). I mean. do you really want to roll out the brown carpet to the likes of these? First, given their high level of self-regard, you know that they're only going to want to talk about themselves all night. Second, when things get to things, well, computer gamers don't exactly have a reputation for stellar play in THAT arena, if you follow.

Now, Bar, I understand your need for expression even as I disdain the, how you say, "trouser piloting" for myself. I don't think my wife would like it and I'm a bit, uh, congenitally damage-prone for that kind of thing, but, as they say about the type, ellos tienen que jugar.  However, I want to remind you: BE SAFE. This is more important if you're playing catcher during your, to coin a phrase, "inside baseball" games.

I don't want to pry but it does raise the question - when you engage in this type of activity, are you kicking or receiving? I'm thinking the WWI crowd might want to know, given that they're notoriously biplane-curious.

As for the rest of you, lock it up if you don't want to lose it. There appears to be a turd-burglar in the house.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »
You don't need to fly the 262 absolutely "correctly" to make it an annoyance.
People will chose it for it's speed. And once there is a certain number if 262 in the area, everyone else flying a prop plane is quickly pressed into a purely reactive role. To fight a gaggle of 262's you need to fly a 262 yourself because of the huge speed discrepancy.
And I'm not even talking about what free 262's would mean for bombers...
forget bombers my fighter would be grounded like ones in the 2nd iraq war out of fear of dieing
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »
LETS NOT perk the pony
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 08:27:18 PM »
LETS NOT perk the pony
Because you cant fly anything else yet? :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 08:31:01 PM »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.